PDA

View Full Version : 03 mobius--Box in engine compartment with knob....has cable attached

Wesjxxx
03-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Hey guys.....
Bought my first inboard last week, a used 03 mobius lsv.
Ran a new steering cable today and had to move a little electrical box with a knob clamped to a hose.
Had a cable attached I assume to throttle...didn't bother to trace. Just wondering what it was....because I turned the knob lol. Thanks for any info, and I love the boat even though I've been working on it for a week and haven't got to run it in the water:)
Learning a lot here

beat taco
03-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Guessing it's an old perfect pass throttle control.

Wesjxxx
03-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Thanks....ya it has the perfect pass

Wesjxxx
03-08-2014, 11:08 PM
New to me though:) upgraded from our red-neck wake boat
A 91 four-winns deck boat with an ice tower:) wasn't the prettiest thing but it was super heavy and displaced a lot of water with a decent wake believe it or not..... Sooooo glad to upgrade even though it's not a brand new boat

beat taco
03-08-2014, 11:42 PM
No worries mines a 2000! Great upgrade, you will never go back.

moombadaze
03-09-2014, 08:58 PM
pics needed to verifie your not still rockin the 4 wins and welcome to the forums

Wesjxxx
03-10-2014, 10:25 PM
Ha:) it was a damn good running boat, but glad I switched.....once I finish putting floor back in I'll take some pics. It's yellow which is kinda growing on me, but found a place to wrap it reasonable. Previous owner never cleaned it much and paid for all service work. He said bilge ran a lot.......all plumbing for ballast system wasnt even hand tight and front bag had couple small holes. I removed everything and deep cleaned. Replacing small stuff as I see a future problem......get it right and keep it right

mcdye
03-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Ha:) He said bilge ran a lot.......all plumbing for ballast system wasnt even hand tight and front bag had couple small holes.

Might also want to check the stuffing box for the proper drip, here is a good link to get familiar with how it works. http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/stuffing_box&page=1

Wesjxxx
03-11-2014, 06:33 PM
Thanks.....you guys are really helpful

zabooda
03-12-2014, 12:02 AM
Might also want to check the stuffing box for the proper drip,[/url]

X2. You got the floor out just as well check the drip which may be a source of water also.