PDA

View Full Version : Tower modification

jimmobius
02-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Well since the boat is now paid for and looks like its a keeper for now , would like to be able to pivot the tower towards the stern simular to the 2006 and newer lsv. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I have access to aluminum welder .
Jim

mmandley
02-13-2014, 01:22 PM
I think the eaisest way and least evasive to welding would be to drill out the front section it pivots from, then install screw clamp type system they use on the LSV.

It had the larger hand knobs on both ends that screw together.

I think all you would have to cut and weld is the ends of the tube to weld two 1/2 sections to mate together and screw in the knobs.

Have a look at some of the LVS tower picks where you have the lateral bar that folds down to the gunell.

moombadaze
02-13-2014, 01:29 PM
I did that one time on the 03-same tower. it sat about 2 feet above the windshied frame and the rear would need to be supported or the front legs are about 5 feet above the deck. With it supported in the rear it would not fit into my garage that way, anyway all I did was just loosen the hand knobs on the rear and removed the front allen screws from the front leg and unplug the wireing an let it pivot on the hand knobs

I did remove that tower a few times and its very light weight.

jimmobius
02-13-2014, 09:57 PM
So are you suggesting to pivot the tower towards the stern on the rear mounts?
Jim