PDA

View Full Version : Boat thumb nail

clark
03-02-2006, 12:16 AM
I have plenty of digital pics of my Mobius LSV.

How do you guys load the thumbnail pic of your boat out beside your entries?

Clark

Swairlines
03-02-2006, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by clark

I have plenty of digital pics of my Mobius LSV.

How do you guys load the thumbnail pic of your boat out beside your entries?

Clark

Clark,

Try this... http://www.moomba.com/bb/profile.php?mode=editprofile?action=avatar

Click on the "MyHome" link that is near the top right part of the window. From there click on the "Avatar" link and you should be prompted to add your thumbnail pic. The pic must be of a certain size (I think the max is 150x510).

Hopefully this helps.

Jeff

Smrtz
03-02-2006, 11:46 AM
First thing you want to do is use a photo program (ie photoshop or fireworks..etc) to resize the photo properly so it constrains proportions. size it to 150/150pixels

save the file as jpg or gif

Doing it this way will give you much better resolution than any other method.

After you resize the pic you will want to find a place to upload it to on the web. You have to do this because for the most part you cant upload photos to the board directly...plus if you host the photo somewhere else its their bandwidth and not the message boards that is being used.

anyone out there that has a pic of their boat they want resized and want help just email me I'd be happy to help...literally takes 2 seconds with the right software!

S

Smrtz
03-02-2006, 01:30 PM
No problem I have a Canon 20D digital camera...I could really do it up right for you guys......and it would be my pleasure!

Smrtz
03-02-2006, 02:37 PM
WHAT!!! Isnt there laws in the USA against this type of thing happening....You mean to tell me there are other types of boats out there that arent SC?

Smrtz
03-02-2006, 05:16 PM
sold out for a free lunch!

LOL no problem Ill let you know. Just have to clear it with the boss..

pjtatro
03-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Checking if mine is working. Saved it to 150x150, put it on snapfish, uploaded it to as my avitar, only saw red x.