PDA

View Full Version : looking to pick up a '14 Mojo - few Q's

blackcup
01-30-2014, 12:11 AM
Hey all ... new to the site. Just about to pull the trigger on a sick new '14 Mojo!!!!! Originally was set on the R20 f/ Tige but just didn't think it would be big enough. The Mojo is only 1.5k more so how can I resist right???

Curious about add ons. They quoted me the 330 engine and it was $2400 more to upgrade to the 345. I've read a few posts on here saying go for the 345 but I'm already outside of my budget. Is this something that I am going to regret?? Have never owned a wakeboat before (coming from a Four Winns 180 so this will be a HUGE UPGRADE) and we spend about 100 hours on the water per season max (In Canada - season is alot shorter). Weekend warriors I guess you would call us.

If I do make the jump to the 345 is the 1235 prop a given? If I stay with the 330 do you recommend getting the 1235 anyways?

Does the Mojo not have ANY bow speakers at all? I see the upgrade but find it hard to believe there is nothing at all up front.

Last, the wifey says no way to the sunpad walkthrough. Says it will get in the way of loungin/tanning. What do you all think of that? Looks to me like it would be a good investment ... but not at the expense of comfort.

LMK! Thanks!

KG's Supra24
01-30-2014, 01:17 AM
Welcome, I'm sure you are pumped. Sounds like a big upgrade!!

I'm in the camp that would push for the 345, especially if you plan on doing much surfing.

If you were considering a R20 and the Mojo is pushing your budget, have you considered the new Mondo or an LSV? I think both will feel quite a bit larger than the R20. The savings could then be used on some of the upgraded items you were looking at.

I believe the Mojo can be ordered without the front speakers. There should be a thread or two on the site where owners have added the speakers after the fact. I think the fiberglass hole is cut regardless of the way it is optioned?

Typical recommendation is any of the 14x14 variant size props (1235, 1433, 1617, OJ's) over the 13x17 variant. It's the "upgraded" prop and will give the boat a much better hole shot.

Tige R20 interior ....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/VeeDubKidd/2011TigeR20Wht-Blk004.jpg

Moomba LSV interior ...

http://moombaboats.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/MobiusLSV-Interior12.jpg

blackcup
01-30-2014, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the pix/info KG. I definitely did look closely at the Mondo. Priced out it comes in 4k less than the Mojo w/ the 330 motor on both. All other upgrades etc are the same. Does that sound about right?

I was just worried that it might be a little bit small ... even though it feels huge when you get in it. Not sure why? Probably because its so wide?

I checked out the LSV and it's sick ... but am hooked on the style of the pickle fork. The LSV would be the perfect size for us ... it will be trailered to the lake by a Pathfinder and its max load is 5000lbs. Pretty sure the Mojo comes in at 4500 dry so with gas/gear/beers it will be well over.

muehlcj
01-30-2014, 08:40 AM
Congrats on the upgrade! You will love the Mojo. Traded my OB for the Mojo this time last year.

Def. go with the 345 especially if you plan to surf. You won't regret it.

No bow speakers in the basic audio package. You can order with the upgrade that includes an amp and bow speakers but my recomendation would be to save your money and purchase with the most basic stereo package offered. You will quickly find that you want to upgrade the entire system and there are alot of options out there.

"Happy wife, happy life" right? However I wish the option had been offered in '13.

rbeckner27
01-30-2014, 08:40 AM
I bought a 2013 mojo with the 345 in it and we went that route cause we actually got it cheaper than the R20 and like you mentioned we just couldn't turn down the difference in the interior space. Ours doesn't have the bow speakers and doesn't come with any up front at all as they are an optional upgrade and we use that area as the playpen for the kids and they don't really care about the music. Also if it is an option on the 2014 to get a retractable ski plyon put that in as a must have as the fixed is a shin and ankle biter. You also might as well get the flow surf system factory installed cause you are gonna want that down the road.

Welcome and enjoy.

sandm
01-30-2014, 09:00 AM
I would be more concerned about the comments on towing with a pathfinder. that's a lot of boat for a small suv. tow ratings are not only that the rig can get going but more importantly can it control the load while moving and stop it if needed. make sure the trailer you order has dual disc brakes from a safety standpoint... but to each his own.

I would not hesitate to check the box for the surf engine if not for use today but for resale/trade down the road. the 330 is a good motor, but i'd opt for the 345 all day long.
there are a lot of boats out there including my old supra that don't have the walkthru. as long as you take care of the boat, it's not a big deal. keep the vinyl conditioned and if you are stopped with a lot of traffic in-out of the boat, put down a towel over the top and it's all good :)

I'm a tad biased toward tige, but give me a mojo/mondo all day long over the r20.

KG's Supra24
01-30-2014, 10:24 AM
Moomba gives the ability to purchase a stripped down boat to offer the customers value. If you feel you might want some of the "upgrades", I'd give strong consideration to the Mondo with some options over a stripped down Mojo. Both are going to feel significantly larger than the R20. You are right, the size feel difference is mostly in the width/beam. The Mondo has a 99" beam while the R20 as a 94" beam. 94" is small!

Rusty made some good points on the other options. The retractable ski pylon and flow would both be automatic options if I was ordering.

4k difference sounds somewhat reasonable. I would guesstimate it to be within 4k and 7k depending on the dealer.

Check out the leg room difference ....

http://www.tige.com/images/boat05.jpg

http://moomba.com/mondo/overhead.gif

mikenehrkorn
01-30-2014, 10:52 AM
I would be more concerned about the comments on towing with a pathfinder. that's a lot of boat for a small suv.

I would concur with that thought......if I was you I would find a dealer that would let you take the boat for a "test drive" using your Pathfinder. Its not quite an apples-to-apples comparison, but I had a Chev Traverse (also with a 5K tow rating) that I tried to use to tow my OBV (which is quite a bit lighter than the Mojo) and it struggled MIGHTILY!!

My situation was much like yours -- I came from towing a SeaRay 182 (probably similar in weight to your Four Winns @ about 2500lbs) and it felt like nothing behind the Traverse. Once I got the OBV that 1000lbs made a HUGE difference and with the Mojo you are probably looking at another 1000lbs on top of that.

I don't want to scare you off, just a word to the wise so you don't get stuck being forced to upgrade your tow vehicle too!!

wolfeman131
01-30-2014, 10:53 AM
retractable ski pylon is standard. I posted a link to the 2014 catalog and the list of standard & factory options are on the last few pages.

Good luck with the purchase!

patrick232
01-30-2014, 11:09 AM
I would concur with that thought......if I was you I would find a dealer that would let you take the boat for a "test drive" using your Pathfinder. Its not quite an apples-to-apples comparison, but I had a Chev Traverse (also with a 5K tow rating) that I tried to use to tow my OBV (which is quite a bit lighter than the Mojo) and it struggled MIGHTILY!!

My situation was much like yours -- I came from towing a SeaRay 182 (probably similar in weight to your Four Winns @ about 2500lbs) and it felt like nothing behind the Traverse. Once I got the OBV that 1000lbs made a HUGE difference and with the Mojo you are probably looking at another 1000lbs on top of that.

I don't want to scare you off, just a word to the wise so you don't get stuck being forced to upgrade your tow vehicle too!!

Sounds like you made the jump from a 18' runabout like blackcup is doing, but went to the OBV, which is smaller than the Mondo. Blackcup might want to look at the Mondo, since the Mojo will push the Pathfinder around, I know I trailered our 06 LSV with the Traverse 2 or three times for less than 20 miles and it was not fun and the brakes did not like it. The Mondo pricing I seen was about $5K +/- less than the Mojo with the same engine.

mmandley
01-30-2014, 12:37 PM
Congratz on buying a new boat, the 14 Mojo is an awesome boat. I have a 13 Mojo and upgraded from the LSV. Love it.

Couple things to think about.

Towing, have your dealer let you pull a Mojo around the block with your Pathfinder or something. One thing I noticed about the Mojo is the Nose is a lot heavier then most boats. While the LSV and the Mojo come in at nearly the same weight, the Mojo is a lot more nose heavy, and this will effect your truck.

Engine, I have the 345 Surf engine. I would suggest it if you can find it in your budget.
If you cant, I ran the 325 in my LSV and ran over 3K ballast, but I had to prop it with a 1617 prop. The 1235 wasn't enough.
With the 345 Surf my boat came with a 1235 and it was more then fine most of the time.
I have since upgraded that prop as well and I'm much happier.

If you go with the 330 engine it will do the job, you will need at least the 1235 prop, I would seriously reccomend you upgrade that to the same prop I have now. <can't recall the number but I can get it for you if needed>

As for the walk through on the sundeck, it wasn't an option on 13, and even if it was I wouldn't have asked for it. We use a towel that is velcroed to the ski pylon, and the rear tie downs. This serves several purposes.
1 keeps people from slipping when getting in and out when the deck is wet
2 keeps you from buring your feet walking in and out, or laying out in the sun
3 protects it from our Dog jumping in and out.
4 it abosrbs a lot of the water when you get out, so less is drained through the V drive lockers, less mess and mold to deal with.

One option I was on the fence about but after having it is a MUST, bow center cushion. The walk-through on the Mojo is very wide, and while it does have 2 cup holders in the front of the walkway, it has cup holders by the front speakers as well. I absolutly love the bow cushion we routinly have a 450 bag in the front, and 2-3 people. Sometimes we just put the 450 under the cushion and you can have 4 people having out up front. All depends on the day.

Front bow speakers, honestly if you can do this yourself do it. The cut outs are in place from the factory, as well as the wiring. All your paying for in the upgrade cost is them to add a pair of speakers and just the vynal. Several threads on the forum of people who did the upgrade them selves.

I can go on and on about the Mojo but hit me up if you want, or need more info.

blackcup
01-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Wow thanks for all the responses. I definitely have some thinking to do about the Pathfinder.

@Mike/Patrick - that is definitely has the Nissan is now. With the Four Winns on the back it feels like a dream so I figured it would be able to handle the extra weight. I wouldn't be going more than 20 miles to the launch but it could definitely be pushing it just like you said. Would the biggest issue be braking/tranny wear? The truck is an '01 that I picked up at a repo auction for only 2.5K. It still drives like it is brand new ... have had it for 2 years now and haven't put a cent into it. Pulled our FW through the mountain passes, moved our entire house w/ a big ass uHaul behind and then drive 5k from the west coast to the east. Maybe this is a f*cked up perspective but this truck doesn't owe me anything ... at some point it will need to be replaced and if this makes that happen a little quicker than I am OK with that. I just don't want to put any lives at risk.

Got off the phone with the dealer this morning and get this ... he is upgrading me to the 345 for $400 more!?!?! Definitely cant turn that one down ...

I'm going to skip the walkthrough and the bow speakers. I can do the speakers on my own if i think they need it. Also going with the 1235 prop.

I am out of town on work until the end of Feb so I can't give it a test run with the Pathfinder. Sooooooooooo really at this point in time its a go just pending the trailering issue??

wolfeman131
01-30-2014, 01:49 PM
GREAT CALL on the bow filler cushion. I'm not sure the wiring is run to the bow any longer if you don't order the amp and speakers.

SC is loading these boats up now with a ton of the stuff we used to all check off as options. I looked at the 14 catalog and here are the available options:

Snap in logo carpet - not a must have, but I have it in mine & LOVE it
Extended mirror bracket w/ Extreme mirror - probably would order this
Bow filler cushion - must have in my book
Walk thru screen - not needed for us
Sundeck walk across - might order since we're in/out a lot and don't lay out in the sun
Black chrome graphics - yes, with the right gel colors
Pop up cleats - yes
Non skid package - not for me
Fold assist for HD tower - not for me. Our tower has never been down.
Fixed racks - yes, for upper location on HD tower
Swivel racks - yes for lower location on HD tower
Full Boat cover - yes for us
Tonneau cover - not for us
Bimini - must have for us
345 engine - YES
409 engine - I already spend too much on gas
Flush kit - not for us
Fresh water cooling system - not for us
Water strainer - yes, cheap insurance in my mind
Props - went with 1235
Zero Off - might do this over DCPII, but I'm OK with the standard system
Stereo Pkg - we went with B
Transom remote - not for us
Cooler - yes, love ours
Battery - we went dual w/ Charger
Depth finder - yes
Docking lights - not for us
Heater - wish we had added
Auto fire - nope

Ohhh, how I'd like to check boxes for a new boat again! I love some of the new standard features on the '14 boats such as the retractable pylon, HD tower, DCPII display, bow design w/ cupholder/speaker pockets . . .

996scott
01-30-2014, 02:04 PM
Congrats on upgrading, you will love which ever you end up with because the improvement from your Four Wins will be huge. I went from a 19ft Sea Ray to a LSV last year and it is awesome. The only thing I can comment on is what has been said about towing with your Pathfinder. I have a Suburban and the difference in towing the Sea Ray and the Moomba is significant. The added weight of the LSV is hard on the engine especially going up the mountains and canyons around here, not to mention the braking. I would be more worried about the safety of braking. Having a dealer loan you a boat to tow it around town is a good idea, but towing out in the "real world" on the highways, and the hills is another thing all together. Just my 02 cents. Good luck.

blackcup
01-30-2014, 04:05 PM
Hey guys ... had a longish reply done up and when I hit POST it said it needed to be approved by a mod. That was early this AM and its still not up there. Any idea how I can get it approved?

wolfeman131
01-30-2014, 04:18 PM
I don't see anything flagged, so not sure what happened to it.

E4NASH
01-30-2014, 05:24 PM
sandm, clean out your box!

blackcup
01-30-2014, 05:39 PM
ok. well here's the short form of it :cool:

The pathy is an '01 that I scooped up in a repo auction for $2500. The thing has been a dream. Have had it for 2+ years so far, drove it multiple times through the mountains, moved our entire house with a uhaul with it and then drove 3000 miles from the west coast to the east. so this thing doesnt owe me anything! I really dont know how long it will go on but when it does start to go I will just replace it because it has already more than exceeded my expectations. My only concern is safety. Will it just be the wear and tear on the tranny/brakes/engine that will be the issue, or will lives be @ risk on the road? I know a lot of this would depend on the driver, but I would take it slow.

My launch is about 20 miles away.

As for the Mojo vs the Mondo (weight issues) the Mojo is 5100 empty. Add 300 for gas and then whatever gear (300lbs) and you are probably close to 57-5800. The Mondo isn't much lighter. It is 4650 + 250 for gas and then extras (300) gives you 5200. Is an extra 500lbs really going to turn this from manageable to unsafe on the road?

blackcup
01-30-2014, 05:40 PM
@wolfeman --- just reposted and got the same message. your post will not be visible until a moderator approves it. do you see it pending?

kaneboats
01-30-2014, 05:42 PM
Sometimes on a phone or IPAD you can't see the full mod functions. I could see your posts required approval. I approved them and deleted the duplicates. Should be good to go now. Feel free to send me a PM if you experience any further issues.

sandm
01-30-2014, 05:50 PM
black, fwiw, I started out with a launch20ssv(much smaller than the mojo) and had a '99 ranger 4x4. I only towed to the ramp 2x and sold the truck(15mile tow one way). granted it had the 3.0, not the 4.0 so it was a dog going up the hills but the boat really pushed the truck around when you tried to stop and it just didn't feel "right". With a lighter boat like the obv, I'd say try it, but that mojo and a small suv are a recipe for a mess. Granted the truck doesn't owe you anything but it's worth a lot more now to upgrade than dead on the side of the road with melted brakes or a tranny that grenaded everywhere :)
don't forget trailer, and more importantly beer in your calculations....

oh and congrats on the new boat. you are going to love it... sounds like a steal on the surf engine..

patrick232
01-30-2014, 06:19 PM
Wow thanks for all the responses. I definitely have some thinking to do about the Pathfinder.

@Mike/Patrick - that is definitely has the Nissan is now. With the Four Winns on the back it feels like a dream so I figured it would be able to handle the extra weight. I wouldn't be going more than 20 miles to the launch but it could definitely be pushing it just like you said. Would the biggest issue be braking/tranny wear? The truck is an '01 that I picked up at a repo auction for only 2.5K. It still drives like it is brand new ... have had it for 2 years now and haven't put a cent into it. Pulled our FW through the mountain passes, moved our entire house w/ a big ass uHaul behind and then drive 5k from the west coast to the east. Maybe this is a f*cked up perspective but this truck doesn't owe me anything ... at some point it will need to be replaced and if this makes that happen a little quicker than I am OK with that. I just don't want to put any lives at risk.

Got off the phone with the dealer this morning and get this ... he is upgrading me to the 345 for $400 more!?!?! Definitely cant turn that one down ...

I'm going to skip the walkthrough and the bow speakers. I can do the speakers on my own if i think they need it. Also going with the 1235 prop.

I am out of town on work until the end of Feb so I can't give it a test run with the Pathfinder. Sooooooooooo really at this point in time its a go just pending the trailering issue??

Based on the go for the Mojo and worry about the truck later if it gives you issues. Sounds like the Pathfinder has served you well.

Congrats

mmandley
01-30-2014, 06:30 PM
You always have the option of, keep the Pathfinder, try it out, if it doesn't work then go buy a cheap 1/2 ton truck to tow the boat in the summers.

blackcup
01-30-2014, 10:40 PM
ya very valid points for both sides. if i need to get a new towing vehicle then the boat is outta the question. just cant stretch it that far right now.

I'm leaning towards giving it a shot and worst case scenario I will just grab a cheap 1/2 ton for towing. Luckily its all super flat here or else I would be very hesitant.

blackcup
01-31-2014, 02:14 PM
So I just got off the phone with my Nissan dealership and they said that pushing 57-5800 will be stretching it (As many here have said). He recommended dropping down the to Mondo.

I am looking at pricing etc. Is the 345 recommended on the Mondo as well? Dealer is saying 330 is plenty with the 1235 prop.

KG's Supra24
01-31-2014, 02:29 PM
A 50k boat decision dictated by a few hundred pounds and a 2.5k tow vehicle that owes you nothing? Because of what Joe at Nissan said?

I'd still opt for the 345. Not for the extra power but for the design (insert technical info) and resale value. I bet the 330 would get the job done though. Might even be able to get them to honor the upgrade price they were giving you on the mojo?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

sandm
01-31-2014, 02:41 PM
^what I was thinking. buy the boat you like/want and you won't look back. upgrade the tow vehicle with a cheap 1/2ton truck for a few $$. don't need a brand new duramax to tow it with :)

drb59
01-31-2014, 03:44 PM
If you are buying a new boat, buy the boat you want. Don't buy a boat to match a vehicle.

mikenehrkorn
01-31-2014, 03:56 PM
If you are buying a new boat, buy the boat you want. Don't buy a boat to match a vehicle.

That's easy for us to say, but if he only has budget for a boat and not for a new/used tow vehicle too, then it doesn't make much sense to have the boat that he wants if he can't tow it anywhere. :)

At the end of the day it's his decision which way to go, all we can really do is give him "food for thought" and I think all of these posts have done that plus some.

Either way -- whether Mojo or Mondo or even OBV -- I think we could all agree that he would enjoy the new boat over his current runabout hands down!!

blackcup
01-31-2014, 04:22 PM
All good points for sure.

I would be 100% happy with either the Mojo or Mondo. Obviously the Mojo would be my first choice but realistically it is just my wife and I and our friends - at most 4 others out with us. The Mondo did feel a lot bigger than any other 20 footer.

Any other suggestions on the 330 vs 345 on the Mondo?

patrick232
01-31-2014, 04:26 PM
So I just got off the phone with my Nissan dealership and they said that pushing 57-5800 will be stretching it (As many here have said). He recommended dropping down the to Mondo.

I am looking at pricing etc. Is the 345 recommended on the Mondo as well? Dealer is saying 330 is plenty with the 1235 prop.

The Mondo I drove had the 330 in it with full factory ballast and 2 people on board was more than enough. If you plan on slamming it like Mike I would do the 345. I had the 325 in both my LSV and XLV and did not really wish for more but once or twice when running at full speed to get away from storms.

As my wife said years ago when we bought our 23' Rinker cuddy vs the 21' Rinker cuddy. do what you want, but donlt complain later. So we got the 23'.

jpetty3023
01-31-2014, 11:18 PM
the Nissan could be involved in a wreck a week after you buy the boat and then you don't have the Nissan any longer or, you could blow the motor and have more cash in that repair than a good 1/2 ton truck off of craigslist. I wouldn't buy a boat around my truck. buy what your heart is content on and at this point that sounds like the mojo.

if your anything like a lot of us on here you'll own 3 different trucks before you pay the boat off. I'm personally on my 4th!

Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2

mmandley
02-01-2014, 12:26 PM
the Nissan could be involved in a wreck a week after you buy the boat and then you don't have the Nissan any longer or, you could blow the motor and have more cash in that repair than a good 1/2 ton truck off of craigslist. I wouldn't buy a boat around my truck. buy what your heart is content on and at this point that sounds like the mojo.

if your anything like a lot of us on here you'll own 3 different trucks before you pay the boat off. I'm personally on my 4th!

Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2

I resemble this as well LOL.
06 F150 pulled LSV
06 F350 pulled LSV
08 F350 pulled LSV and Mojo
13 F150 pulling Mojo

LOL

When I buy vechicles, boats, ext.

I always think,
Malo what is realistic in what you NEED?
Malo what do you want?
Whats the real price difference and payments?

Now when you are in X vechilce and see Y will you regret not buying Y?

If i can afford Y I buy Y. Thats how I personally do it.

Now granted I dont have kids to deal with, we don't go on big vacations, we don't eat out a lot, we live in a much smaller home then what <society> says we can afford. I am always watching what we spend. So this is my Budget.
On average we save 1K a month and this allows me purchase power when I need it.

At the end of the day you need to buy whats Best for your Budget. Thats the bottom Line.

kaneboats
02-03-2014, 11:23 AM
1989 Chapparal w/ Evinrude 88
1996 Subird w/Evinrude 115
2000 Moomba Outback LS
2008 Moomba LSV . . . . . . . all towed with 2001 Chevy Suburban.

patrick232
02-03-2014, 12:13 PM
98 Dakota and 99 Rodeo pulled the 99 Rinker bowrider
02 Sequoia pulled the 99 Rinker, 02 Rinker
06 Duramax (Work Truck) has pulled 02 Rinker Cuddy, 05 Ebbtide 2600CBR, 07 Moomba XLV, 06 Mooba LSV and my tow the 14 Mondo
04 Tundra pulled the Rinker and Ebbtide
05 QX56 pulled the Rinker, Ebbtide, XLV
09 Chevy 1500 (Work Truck) pulled the XLV and LSV
10 Traverse once pulled the XLV and a few times the LSV
13 Suburban (Work Truck) pulled the 06 LSV and will mainly tow the Mondo
As you can see some of us have problems trading boats or Truck or both.

New Guy
02-03-2014, 12:57 PM
10 Traverse once pulled the XLV and a few times the LSV

Man you are nuts aren't you? The XLV had to look like it was going to eat the Traverse.

BTW:
04 Tahoe pulling a 02 LSV (outback v)

Boonejeepin
02-03-2014, 01:56 PM
2006 SeaRay - towed with 2004 Escalade (6.0l) and 2009 Suburban (5.3) - wish I still had a 6.0l

2010 XLV - 2009 Suburban - really wish that I had a 6.0l

patrick232
02-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Man you are nuts aren't you? The XLV had to look like it was going to eat the Traverse.

BTW:
04 Tahoe pulling a 02 LSV (outback v)

NO not NUTS, it was for about 4 or 5 miles and I wanted to get on the water. All city streets either 35 or 25. it did better than expected. Nuts would be putting on the freeway with that combo.

patrick232
02-03-2014, 02:10 PM
2006 SeaRay - towed with 2004 Escalade (6.0l) and 2009 Suburban (5.3) - wish I still had a 6.0l

2010 XLV - 2009 Suburban - really wish that I had a 6.0l

What rearend does your Suburban have, the first on the dealer tried to sell me had the 3.23 not good for towing. And yes wish I had the 6.2 L in the Suburban that I had in the 1500 crew cab.

You know all this truck talk once he picks up his new boat we all might know what's next. Maybe we all need help :)

Boonejeepin
02-03-2014, 02:48 PM
What rearend does your Suburban have, the first on the dealer tried to sell me had the 3.23 not good for towing. And yes wish I had the 6.2 L in the Suburban that I had in the 1500 crew cab.

You know all this truck talk once he picks up his new boat we all might know what's next. Maybe we all need help :)

I do not recall. It has the towing package which I believe came with a better gear ratio but it has been a long time since I checked the build data.

blackcup
02-18-2014, 04:06 PM
so just an update and a few other questions ... i decided to go with the Mondo. I thought things through and it just makes more sense and I'm super stoked to order my boat.

Now I'm just picking out the colors. When I'm on the color app on moomba.com ... when I change the DECK COLOUR ... the MAIN PANEL color changes as well. Is that right? Is the deck color and the main panel color the same? Seems odd that they would have two different selection options if they were the same thing.

I'm getting the 345HP motor. Should I get the 1235 prop right from the start or just go with what it has?

Also, what color is the standard tandem trailer? Black?

Thanks guys! 8-)

mmandley
02-18-2014, 04:15 PM
Your gunel or topdeck is the same color as the main side color.
3 color scheme is, top sides, then stripe color, then lower hull color and you have the option to color the nose but I'm pretty sure that is the same as your top color

I would go with the 1235 prop from from the start with the 350 engine. That should be more then enough power unless you really sac the boat. Even with my Mojo and 3k I could have stayed with the 350/1235 prop but I wanted more power due to when I run large crews I would get some cavitation.

mikenehrkorn
02-18-2014, 05:06 PM
My trailer was color coded to the boat, but not sure if that is standard or not.

KG's Supra24
02-18-2014, 05:43 PM
I'd go ahead and go with the 1235 from the start. No clue on the trailer.

blackcup
02-18-2014, 07:34 PM
sweet 1235 it is. I'll contact the dealer about the trailer.

Thanks guys ... will post up details/pix when I can!

blackcup
02-20-2014, 12:40 PM
Hey guys ... so wanted to get another opinion. I can be a stubborn hard headed person and sometimes I make rash decisions so wanted to run it by you guys as well.

I was about to finalize the Mondo deal and I have a quote etc showing totals etc. I'm going over the quote and notice that the guy is charging me $1200 or whatever for the tandem trailer ... but in the quote under standard features it says "BOATMATE TANDEM AXLE W/ BRAKES". I ask him to clarify and he tells me that all Mondos come with the single axle standard and that it is a mistake on the quote.

I promptly tell him well it should be honoured because you have been sending me quotes back and forth and every single one says that the Tandem is standard.

He calls his rep and they said there is nothing they can do. He does offer a $200 off coupon and lowers the price so the upgrade will now cost $750.

I run a business and know 100% that if my company made this mistake we would eat the cost. This is a written quote from him and regardless of who made the mistake, I shouldn't be the one to pay.

What do you all think? I am ready to walk from this dealer and go elsewhere because I will always have a sour taste in my mouth and that is not what should happen after dropping 60K on a boat.

Thoughts?

blackcup
02-20-2014, 12:48 PM
http://postimg.org/image/grzsz9u4h/

blackcup
02-20-2014, 12:50 PM
just posted the quote above ... for whatever reason the image uploaded wouldnt accept the file even though it is a JPEG.

wolfeman131
02-20-2014, 01:01 PM
Well, the 2014 Moomba brochure definitely states that the tandem axel trailer is an option on the Mondo & standard only on the Mojo. The pic in your second post didn't come thru, so I can't see if that is the SC build sheet or the dealer's. I can see where the deal sheet software wasn't updated correctly and it was a simple, honest mistake.

But, should you pay for their mistake? I don't know. And, where are you going to go? SC has assigned dealer territories, what will you do if/when you need service or warranty work, etc.?

I'm not sure how your math works with $1,200 less $200 equaling $750, but I'd take the $200 and tell the dealer you want your 20 & 100 hour services for free. Get it in writing what all they will take care of. If you don't think you'll get to 100, then get a free winterization. If they have supplies and/or a pro shop, get some lines, bumpers, jackets, etc. for free.

wolfeman131
02-20-2014, 01:19 PM
image came up when I clicked the link. glad to see in your screen shot you weren't checking out any mid-day porn.

Definitely clear to me that a dual axle trailer should have been included. Is there a box for it on the left side of the estimate as there is for the engine, gel, etc options?

I've always found that it works in my favor to get free gods/services than to get the price down, whether it's their mistake, or not.

blackcup
02-20-2014, 01:25 PM
hahaha trust me i tripled checked before I posted that screenshot :p

Yes the box is there on the far left side of the quote. The tandem option is NOT checked.

There is another dealer in my area who is about the same distance away to the west. I haven't talked to them yet but I would always have another option there. The $750 figure came from the $200 coupon plus the dealer dropping the price of the tandem to their cost. As it stands now they are already giving me free servicing and storage for a year ... or $1000 off. That was negotiated back when we first talked.

Good point about the pro shop accessories.

wolfeman131
02-20-2014, 01:33 PM
Yes the box is there on the far left side of the quote. The tandem option is NOT checked.

I'd say their argument is as strong as yours, then.

Get some free gear out of the deal and feel good that you really didn't get ripped and start a great relationship with the dealer.

mikenehrkorn
02-20-2014, 01:36 PM
I'm with Drew, get all you can from the dealer you are working with now because even if you find another dealer they probably won't make that same mistake and you will end up paying full price for the trailer.

That kind of crap irks me too, but turn the other cheek and use it to your advantage!!

sandm
02-20-2014, 01:59 PM
it would drive me crazy to know that they made the mistake and I'm paying part of it but as mentioned, I know if I went elsewhere the price would be what it is and I would not have the $200. If the dealer offered cost on trailer, the $200 and possibly some gear, I'd feel like I received something for their mistake. I think at this point I'd push for a second year of free storage rather than some gear as there isn't a "real" cost to that from the dealers perspective(other than lost revenue from another boat) and if they get you for 2 years, their thought might be that you'll continue to use it from that point on.

good luck and congrats on almost signing :)

blue4
07-27-2014, 09:13 PM
I too am shopping for a 2014 Mojo- really like the boat- we plan on doing some surfing, skiing and wake boarding on it- along with just cruising around the lake. Have heard a lot of recommendations for the 345 engine, but we have had trouble finding one we like color wise with other than a 330. Never have surfed behind a boat and wonder if the 330 really won't fit our needs. Was going to order a 2015, but really don't want a bigger boat with a standard 400. Any thoughts?
Also curious about the gas burn at 25-30 mph no ballast.
Thanks

rbeckner27
07-27-2014, 09:46 PM
I was in your exact situation this time last year. I found many color options and good deals on the 330hp mojo but I ultimately listened to the guys on this board and found a color we were ok with that had the 345hp engine and haven't looked back.
To me the engine was about the only requirement I had and a color my wife didn't hate. And actually we got a better deal on the mojo we bought than any of the 330hp boats we were looking at.
Aside from the horsepower difference the oversized oil pan and Pcv valve relocation designed specifically for surfing was another major factor in my perseverance of the 345hp engine.
As for color find one you can tolerate with the engine you want and go for it. As long as you don't hate the color they are all good looking boats.

blue4
07-27-2014, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the info- still looking

wolfeman131
07-27-2014, 10:52 PM
I might know where you could find a nice 2012 w/ the 345.

blue4
07-28-2014, 08:30 AM
Talked to a Skiers Choice rep and the 2015 Mojo is coming out this Friday- 23'- 100"beam- new hull and deck- std 2000# ballast- 400hp 6.2L ford std. Think I will wait and see- probably a big jump price wise - rep says he drove one all summer and saw no difference in fuel burn over 345- not sure about that if it's anything like the truck engine.

bergermaister
07-28-2014, 06:59 PM
Was going to order a 2015, but really don't want a bigger boat with a standard 400. Any thoughts?

Uh, hmmmm.

Guess I'm one of the many on the other side of the fence going "BRING IT ON"