View Full Version : Part needed for my 2000 Moomba Mobius but do not know what it is called???

01-27-2014, 12:42 PM
I need to find a replacement part for our 2000 Moomba Mobuis but not sure what the part name is. It's located on the back lower portion of the boat & there is one of each side. Please see the attached picture. We believe it is part of the ballast system where the water is sucked it but not sure. Thanks for any help you can give!

01-27-2014, 12:54 PM
I think that is the speedo??? Others may know better

01-27-2014, 01:21 PM
I would concur -- looks like the speedo to me

New Guy
01-27-2014, 01:46 PM
Did it break off? If it isn't leaking time to install PP stargazer with GPS for speed.

01-27-2014, 03:00 PM
Thanks guys! That's what it is & going to get two new ones ordered!

01-27-2014, 03:51 PM
Why bother, use that money for a prefect pass.. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

01-27-2014, 05:59 PM
It is called a pitot(sp) tube.

01-27-2014, 09:37 PM
Why are you replacing them? Pitot tubes commonly get plugged with sediment and the result is the speedo fails. You can usually unscrew the tube and clean things out.

But if you didn't know it was part of the speedo... how did you know it needed to be replaced?

01-27-2014, 09:46 PM
^^^^^ this

01-27-2014, 09:55 PM
Need to pull the line loose from the back of the speedometer and blow it out. They get water up in them sometimes. Or they get pinched. That's why you have two speedos for tournament use. If they were worth a crap you'd only need one. (By the way, you can make your boat a lot faster by drilling the hole out a little bit.) ;)

01-28-2014, 06:57 AM
Pretty funny Kane. Never thougt about that