PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Grav. III

Sharru-Kinu
02-28-2006, 06:01 PM
My new Mobius LSV has the Gravity III system in it and it is more than adequate for wakeboarding, but the single 250# bag on the port side is not quite enough to generate a surf wake without having a bunch of people in the boat. So I'm thinking about getting some after market bags that are in the 400# each range (one on each side of the engine). Questions: what bags are you guys using? And will the factory fittings and pumps directly connect to a new after market bag? Surely there are bags out there that I can just swap out without doing any plumbing.

Thanks for your help!

Buttafewcoe
02-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Launch pad #440 twins.......with the factory ballast of #275 makes #1175...generally enough and you can move them around. We haven't surfed yet and I'm afraid to load one side with all the ballast (chicken!!!)......but the wakeboard wake is pretty generous.
B

Sharru-Kinu
02-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Butta,
Are you saying that the front bag is only 275#? I've heard about 9 different numbers for that bag. Anyway, my question remains: do the launch pad bags have the same size fittings as my factory plumbing? In other words, will I be able to simply unscrew the supply and return hoses from my factory bags and screw them back onto the Launch Pad bags? Thanks again.

Buttafewcoe
02-28-2006, 09:02 PM
I digress...........my 2004 Outback came with the, what was then, the wakeboard package.
Consisting of Tower, Board Racks, Bimini, and a single rear Ballast tank (no front or side tanks), some of which I am sure was part of the package, and maybe a thing or two that I dint mention which may or may not have also been included.
Both the dealer and the ever loving Brian (aka 'The Lord of the Board' (er....message board...hehe)) answered my question 'how much do it, the rear ballast sack, hold?' to which they replied '#275'. Verily, I say unto you the one that fittist under thoust rear seat.
Satisfied, I went me merry way, thinking....alas my bag, she hold more than a six pence, she hold 275 pounds, a king's ransom and not a farthing more.
er....I don't have a front bag. I fill the Launch Pads with a Tsunami Pump, as I do not have the fitings to connect to the factory system. I do understand that, for a cost, bags with the proper fittings can be had. The maker of my rear bag is 'Fly-High' (I think). They may (should) be able to supply the quick disconnects to hook to the factory set up.
Hope this helps
B

WakeMe
03-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Yes you can get bigger bags that will fit with your existing system. The bags are made by Mike who owns barefoot international. You can get these bags through a moomba dealer or a few other places. You will probably find them cheaper online somewhere.Hope this helps.

Wake Master
03-01-2006, 09:34 PM
You can order the bags directly from Barfoot international. I did this last year after being out with Dave Briscoe. The rear bags are 550# and the front bag is 370#. If you put the 550# bags in the rear I found that you need additional weight in the front to get the best wake. I have a 2nd 370# bag on the floor in front. You need to fill one front bag all the way and the second about half. If you put 1100# in the rear (550X2) you need about 600# up front. Wake is great.
THe best wake I've been on was Dave Briscoe's 24' Supra Launch SSV GG he has about 2200# of Balast

Wake_Ryder
05-20-2006, 09:04 PM
I have a 2005 Mobius LSV with the Gravity Three Ballast.

I became an avid wakesurfer last season, and while perfecting my wakesurfing skills realized I needed more ballast to get the bigger (and cleaner) wave.

Initially I added my old 600# fat sac and laid it down on top of the deck, favoring the port side of the boat. This created a pretty nice wave.

However, I thought that it sure would be nice to simply upgrade my rear bags so that I wouldn't have to use an external pump, and take up boat space with another bag.

So, I bought the Fly High Pro X Series 750# fat sac from wakeside.com:

Pro X Series 750# Fat Sac (http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/PROD/wakeboard_boat_ballast/fly_high_fat_sac_W707)

This fat sac has THE EXACT SAME PLUGS that your gravity 3 bags have - so they ARE COMPLETELY COMPATIBLE - takes about 5 minutes to swap out!

I went ahead and ordered another 750# sac for my right rear now. Best decisions I have made so far!

The wave is tremendous (with just the driver and no passengers!) and I don't have to have any additional sacs on the deck.

Ian Brantford
05-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Wake_Ryder, thanks very much for the pointer about the 750lb Pro X. I have a pair of them on order right now. I have a question, though: did you have any problem with them being too high for the existing filler hoses? Some Moomba boats have had problems with them being just a bit too short for even the factory bags, so they pop off when full (the bag rises up and tugs on the hose).

I have this problem, and I have a request out to Moomba to send replacement filler hoses under warrantee. But, I also see that the Pro X bags come with some new quick-release fittings, though this is not well explained on the Web site. Depending on how they are shaped, that could make my problem better... or worse. Any advice on what I should expect?

Thanx
Ian