PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Australia

hsvazz
01-20-2014, 08:13 PM
Hi all,

Greetings from the land downunder, we have just taken delivery of our 2014 Outback V and just thought i'd say hi. Our 3 year old son was up behind the boat on his ez ski on the weekend and I can see many fun years ahead behind this great boat.

I've lurked through these forums the past few weeks as we made the decision to buy and have found the information very useful, so thank you all.

I had one quick question, the boat came we the OZ tower and in one of the storage compartment there was a bag full of 4 or 5 black straps. The label on the bag said that they go with the tower, but for the life of me I can't work out what they are for. Does anyone have any ideas?

This is a pic of the boat out on the weekend.

Regards,
Azz...

2014 Moomba Outback V
2002 Lewis Prestige Center Mount (sold)

marman
01-20-2014, 08:26 PM
Congrats and great color! Maybe for the Bimini top?

hsvazz
01-20-2014, 08:44 PM
Congrats and great color! Maybe for the Bimini top?
Thanks mate, I thought that but the bimini has a sock with a strap aswell to fold it up and attach it to the tower...

deerfield
01-20-2014, 09:25 PM
Azz - Welcome to the Moomba family and congratulations on the new Outback V! Hopefully an owner with OZ tower can answer your question. I have an Outback with earlier version tower, so not in a position to know anything about the OZ. On what lake do you boat? Where is home for you? - Deerfield

wolfeman131
01-20-2014, 09:32 PM
Are they for the cover poles so that the poles don't fall/get knocked over?

hsvazz
01-20-2014, 09:37 PM
Azz - Welcome to the Moomba family and congratulations on the new Outback V! Hopefully an owner with OZ tower can answer your question. I have an Outback with earlier version tower, so not in a position to know anything about the OZ. On what lake do you boat? Where is home for you? - Deerfield
I'm near Canberra in Australia, the lake we ride is called Lake Burrinjuck, although the water level is dropping rapidly so may have to travel a bit further for fresh water shortly, unless we want to head to in the salt water.

hsvazz
01-20-2014, 09:38 PM
Are they for the cover poles so that the poles don't fall/get knocked over?

thanks for your reply: bimini cover poles? possibly perhaps once the bimini sock is on and the main strap attached to the tower, then these ones are used to attach the ends of the sock to the tower for more support.

wolfeman131
01-20-2014, 11:32 PM
No, the poles that hold the mooring cover up from inside the boat/under the cover.

hsvazz
01-21-2014, 12:35 AM
No, the poles that hold the mooring cover up from inside the boat/under the cover.
could be, i'll have to check it out - thanks

Woody929
01-21-2014, 12:59 AM
Pretty sure mine has those as well. Still in the bag under one of the seats. I've been wondering what they were for.

BensonWdby
01-21-2014, 01:25 AM
So I googled this:
"what are the extra straps with the OZ tower for?"

And found this:
http://www.boatcoversdirect.com/products/details/benefits-of-the-tower-bimini-top

If I understand it correctly - without having ever seen any of this - it sounds like the straps are intended to secure the various arms of the bimini to each other when the top is deployed. Presumably to stop rattling or wobbling or to enhance wind resistance?

Just a guess.
If I am right I am giong to want a pull if I ever make it to Australia :-)

hsvazz
01-21-2014, 07:47 AM
your probably right and you'll always have a ride if you come to Aus... :)

moombadaze
01-21-2014, 08:13 AM
Congrats on a sweet boat

not sure about the straps, I do know my OZ tower bimini combo has no straps and yours looks the same so im confused too.

Don't dunk her in salt, that trailer will be a rust bucket very soon afterwards

mikenehrkorn
01-21-2014, 09:17 AM
Very nice, enjoy it and welcome to the forum!!

I'm with Drew -- I would guess those straps are for the support poles that hold up the cover. At least that's what I used them for on my OBV. :)

tarheelskier
01-21-2014, 10:08 AM
Yep, Drew is the big winner here, support straps for the mooring cover poles. Never used them myself, but I know I have a big bundle of them in my garage somewhere! :D

sandm
01-21-2014, 12:11 PM
I really like the graphics on that boat. can't say I remember seeing many here with that design..

hsvazz
01-21-2014, 07:31 PM
Congrats on a sweet boat

not sure about the straps, I do know my OZ tower bimini combo has no straps and yours looks the same so im confused too.

Don't dunk her in salt, that trailer will be a rust bucket very soon afterwards

We won't if we can avoid it, trailer is paint over gal though and i'm meticulous with cleaning using a product called salt away when any of my boats have even gone near salt.

Thanks all for the comments and warm welcome

irish-racing
01-22-2014, 11:52 AM
Great looking boat. And Welcome

chawk610
01-22-2014, 12:31 PM
Welcome Azz, nice boat! I thhink there are wosre things in yall's water than salt!!!