PDA

View Full Version : Portland, OR on weekend of June 7-8

kaneboats
01-09-2014, 12:04 PM
It looks like I will be up in the NW the week of June 9-12. Thinking about flying into Portland a couple days early and out of Seattle. What are the water temps like around June 7th? Anybody wanna laugh at a FL guy? I've also heard you guys have some decent microbrew around there.

sandm
01-09-2014, 01:11 PM
make sure and try something from widmer brewery. great hef...

if you are a reader, check out the bookstore in downtown portland. unique to say the least.
I still think multnomah falls is one of the coolest things I've seen from a nature standpoint. touristy but neat.

have fun and enjoy....

mmandley
01-09-2014, 02:00 PM
It looks like I will be up in the NW the week of June 9-12. Thinking about flying into Portland a couple days early and out of Seattle. What are the water temps like around June 7th? Anybody wanna laugh at a FL guy? I've also heard you guys have some decent microbrew around there.

Kane I'm off June 9,10,11 and if the weather is decent here. Not Raining I'd be happy to host you for some surf time.

Water Temps are generally low 60s at my local lake, can range between 58-63. You can do it without a wetsuit but you might want to bring a heater shirt. A wetsuit if you have one LOL.

I have more then enough gear for you other wise.

bergermaister
01-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Weather can be a crapshoot but hope for the best. Looking fwd to meeting you for some beer and boat time!

No idea what my schedule or commitments are but I'll rearrange as needed.

kaneboats
01-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the invite! I actually have to work in Seattle on June 10 and 11. I'm looking at heading out there on Fri., June 6 and spending the weekend in Portland. By Mon. evening on the 9th I need to head north. I have nobody other than the guys on here in the area but since I only get out there about every 7th year I thought I'd add a couple days on to meet up with as many of you as possible.

Love the Widmer brews. I trunked it in 62 water in Feb. the year before last and didn't die. Might bring the shorty though.

mmandley
01-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Im off Sunday as well, I don't really work that much in the summer LOL.

If you want to come out let me know. Hagg is pretty dead on Sundays as well till later in June when the weather really warms up.

beat taco
01-09-2014, 06:13 PM
If the weather sucks we can meet up at widmer brewing for some food and beers.

Hey Mandley! What's up with Kingpin end of this month??

mmandley
01-09-2014, 10:23 PM

Hey Mandley! What's up with Kingpin end of this month??

Mark Crowell has started a Wake the World Portland, to be held at Hagg Lake this year. King Pin is doing a Charity Auction and the proceeds goto WTW Portland.

This is seperate from the WTW at Foster Lake I do in July. That is ran by Vince Castronovo but it is the same charity in the big picture.

beat taco
01-09-2014, 10:51 PM
Make sure to post details, stopped in there yesterday sounds like they're going all out!

kaneboats
01-10-2014, 12:03 PM

We may have to do this even if the weather is good but after we are done riding.

newty
01-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Im in for whatever, provided I'm not working.

kaneboats
01-10-2014, 01:54 PM
You're just going to have to take a day off. Or I'll have to go in and have a word with your boss.

trayson
03-04-2014, 02:36 PM

Weather can be a crapshoot but hope for the best. Looking fwd to meeting you for some beer and boat time!

No idea what my schedule or commitments are but I'll rearrange as needed.

I'm in. I live in Vancouver like Newty and Bergermaister. I'm sure one of the sacked out V-drives would be more fun, but I'll have my Supra DD if all else fails...

kaneboats
03-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Awesome. Got the green light from the boss already so I'm shopping flights. It'll be great to put faces on all you guys.

bergermaister
03-04-2014, 08:13 PM
Shoot for an early afternoon flight. When you land, just skip across the field and up over the dike. We'll be waiting for you with a cold one right here....

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k414/grberglund/MoombaMobiusV/kane-airport.jpg

kaneboats
03-05-2014, 12:41 AM
Shoot for . . . up over the dike.

If I had a nickel for every time I missed on that one in college . . . .

zabooda
03-05-2014, 02:31 AM
Running across the runway isn't so bad but crossing Marine Drive is a killer.

trayson
03-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Running across the runway isn't so bad but crossing Marine Drive is a killer.

Just make sure you're sitting in an Exit row and jump out the door when you're flying over the river. It's much more efficient that way.

kaneboats
04-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Looks like I'll be jumping out around 2:30 pm on Fri. the 6th. Maybe we'll get lucky with the weather and a couple of you guys will be doing some happy hour boating.

trayson
04-03-2014, 05:50 PM
Looks like I'll be jumping out around 2:30 pm on Fri. the 6th. Maybe we'll get lucky with the weather and a couple of you guys will be doing some happy hour boating.

Hope we get good weather too!

I get off work at 4pm and could always bring my Sunsport with me to work if noone else materializes with a better option. My office is 3.5 miles (8 minutes) from the boat launch I use on the Columbia River.

mmandley
04-03-2014, 06:29 PM
I will be off Sunday, Mon and Tuesday. Let me know.

kaneboats
05-30-2014, 03:54 PM
Looks like you guys are getting great weather every day . . . until about the day I get there.

trayson
05-30-2014, 04:06 PM
Looks like you guys are getting great weather every day . . . until about the day I get there.

Low 70's is still fine with us! Not thrilled about the wind forecast though.

But I should be available.

mmandley
05-30-2014, 04:10 PM

In OR we have these people called Meteorologists, but in fact they don't know jack chit about the weather. Around here you cant predict the weather more then 12 hours out.

This time Next week we will see what the weekend calls for.

bergermaister
05-30-2014, 04:26 PM
Figured you'd be tired of the heat and ready to cool off.

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k414/grberglund/Trailer/20140529_024604811_iOS.jpg

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k414/grberglund/Trailer/20140529_024646912_iOS.jpg

> Nice how my little safety cone has begun floating away

trayson
05-30-2014, 05:41 PM
That travel trailer is RID-ONK-ULOUS!

But then again, I don't have my own Brady Bunch....

bergermaister
05-30-2014, 05:53 PM
Gotta make up for my 'nub' somehow...

kaneboats
05-31-2014, 01:03 AM
That- air looks like FL weather except the trailer is still there and in the same county.

kaneboats
06-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Looking good for Fri. - Sun. so far. 79, 81, 79 for highs and no rain. Couldn't ask for a lot better than that. Hope it holds out.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USOR0275

trayson
06-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Looking good for Fri. - Sun. so far. 79, 81, 79 for highs and no rain. Couldn't ask for a lot better than that. Hope it holds out.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USOR0275

So maybe people can chime in with a tentative game plan? the Wife and I get off work at 4pm on Friday. and so far the weekend's pretty open. She can't drive with her recent knee surgery.

My boat is just a Direct drive sunsport, but I have it set up so we can get a surfable wave out of it. It's not world class surf, but I can freeride it pretty easily. If I get time, I'll install the Tantrum perfect pass remote control module too. I've got a reasonable amount of stereo, so we'll be able to jam on the water. I've got 2 surf boards and my wakeboard for people with medium to smaller feet.

Than said, most the peeps on this thread have boats that put out more impressive surf waves than mine and their boats fit more people typically (mine could do maybe 8 peeps).

However, I'm happy to commit to something. For me, we'd launch from Vancouver's Marine Park as it's the easist for me to get to and I have a season parking pass. Free parking is available too for people w/o trailers just a 100 yards before the launch.

-Trayson

mmandley
06-02-2014, 03:27 PM
I work Saturdays, I'm off Sunday. We don't typically come out to the Columbia area because it's more then an hour from our house. I don't mind the drive if the water temp is good now and there isn't debris. Normally no rivers at all for my boat, till late June.

We still prefer Hagg. Yesterday or water was 70.

Now on another note more people are starting to come out on the weekends but next weekend should still be ok.

kaneboats
06-02-2014, 04:40 PM
So far I'm planning on heading out to see Mike on Sunday (I have a car) and still working on something for happy hour on Fri. and whatever on Sat. I'll post up on Thurs. after I talk to some folks.

trayson
06-02-2014, 04:54 PM
I work Saturdays, I'm off Sunday. We don't typically come out to the Columbia area because it's more then an hour from our house. I don't mind the drive if the water temp is good now and there isn't debris. Normally no rivers at all for my boat, till late June.

We still prefer Hagg. Yesterday or water was 70.

Now on another note more people are starting to come out on the weekends but next weekend should still be ok.

Would you have room foir me and the wife on Sunday? We'd be more than happy to drive out to Hagg. Name the time and we're there.

So far I'm planning on heading out to see Mike on Sunday (I have a car) and still working on something for happy hour on Fri. and whatever on Sat. I'll post up on Thurs. after I talk to some folks.

I'll stay tuned...

mmandley
06-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Would you have room foir me and the wife on Sunday? We'd be more than happy to drive out to Hagg. Name the time and we're there.

I'll stay tuned...

Yes of course. Just bring your vest. I'll pm you my number.