01-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Anyone been yet? Thoughts?

rdlangston13
01-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Headed up there tomorrow. I will take pictures and report back

Sent from my iPhone

bhowell
01-09-2014, 11:03 PM
I went last weekend the Supra SA350 and the Malibu MKZ 22 were the boats I liked for myself. The G23 was awesome but it's just too much of everything including $$$. I just don't care much for the X-Star.

My girlfriend liked the Mondo surprisingly. She typically likes the things that are the most expensive. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KG's Supra24
01-10-2014, 12:30 AM
How did you think the SA and MXZ compared?

I've set in both back to back and for boats that are nearly identical, I felt there was a fairly obvious choice. I thought the fit and finish of the Supra was much better. I've been real impressed with the new SC products.

bhowell
01-10-2014, 12:42 AM
Well it's hard to tell at the boat show since the most important thing is how they operate which you can't evaluate there. I love the wake my buddy's axis throws so that makes me feel that I would really like the MXZ wake but I might equally like the SA wake just haven't experienced it. The interiors were both nice and the setup for the stereo was great in both but I did give an edge to the SA. I'm not really a fan of the shortened rear pad area to accommodate the seat for putting on a board or the center walkway. The final big item is obviously price. I feel that it will come down to price between these two as I anticipate them both performing well in the water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KG's Supra24
01-10-2014, 01:36 AM
I hope to get to the boat show and will see how the listed prices compare. I thought the SA interior was a lot more refined.

I haven't been on the mxz but have the SA450. I was impressed with the wake consistency and it had good pop. Id really like to see/ride one with upgraded 750-1000 lbs plug n play.

I'm undecided on the transom sunpad. None of the new boats have near the layout room im used to on mine.

Driving the SA is unreal. I drove the 450 with full OEM plug n play and it handled like it was on rails.

The new generation of boats are a new breed ... 100k breed. I'm ready for some in the used market :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

bhowell
01-10-2014, 01:50 PM
I think the low interest rates of the past few years have inflated boat prices since it lowers the payments. I'd be worried about buying a new boat now since it will incur normal depreciation and higher interest rates in the future will erode others ability to pay.

KG's Supra24
01-10-2014, 02:19 PM
I think the low interest rates of the past few years have inflated boat prices since it lowers the payments.

And 15 year notes.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

wolfeman131
01-10-2014, 03:04 PM
over $50k allows you to carry a 20 yr note and I've seen too many folks under 30 yrs of age look at that $553/month payment on the SA and say, "I can handle that."

kaneboats
01-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Who needs a house anyway?

moombadaze
01-10-2014, 06:49 PM
that answers why I don't have a SA, im over 30 and don't want $553 monthly's

iwaterskihard
01-10-2014, 07:34 PM
As a Canadian living down here in Houston now I was actually disappointed in the show when I compare it to Edmonton or Calgary's boat shows. Don't get me wrong, there are boats there! Lots of em! My guess would be close to $100 million worth of inventory based on the average price there.
What surprised me the most is all of these dealers and not one shop had any gear set ups for sale???? There was no wet suits, ski's, boards, jackets, etc. There was one dealer in the center of the show and their goods certainly weren't boat show priced! Well unless you consider Buy 1 pair of women's Bobs shoes and get the second for free!" a good deal on water goods?
At the shows I have seen in both Edmonton and Calgary you get to see boats and every dealer that sells a life jacket, flip flops, tube, ski, or wakeboard is there as well. It's where I have always gotten the best deal on most of the stuff in my boathouse.
So in saying that I was very disappointed! Also there was ONLY 2 - three event boats at the show. One was the new Mastercraft Prostar and the other was Centurion Carbon Fiber Pro. No Outback at all, no Malibu Response, no Nautique 200.
As a skier and biased I proudly admit; this disappointed me a lot. All the guys say I can get you one but you have to come to the dealership............NO THANKS it's why I came to the boat show.
I just told my wife how impressed I was with the new pontoon boats! And when we are done skiing I think I have found our next form of on the water enjoyment! LOL
If you live in the Houston area go see the boats there are lots of nice boats for all types. Just don't expect to find a good deal on anything other than a new boat!!!!

rdlangston13
01-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Just left the boat show, saw some great things and took some pictures that I will be sure to share when I get to my computer.

Speaking of that MC prostar, I was blown away at an 80k price tag for a DD with only like 5 seats. That's silly expensive but I guess it is only half the price of an xstar...

Sent from my iPhone

sandm
01-12-2014, 10:37 AM
So in saying that I was very disappointed! Also there was ONLY 2 - three event boats at the show. One was the new Mastercraft Prostar and the other was Centurion Carbon Fiber Pro. No Outback at all, no Malibu Response, no Nautique 200.
As a skier and biased I proudly admit; this disappointed me a lot.

think about what are selling nowadays and it's not ski boats. the outback dd is dead.

zabooda
01-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Not only is the DD dead but accessories can be found on line for much cheaper than a dealer can sell them. I don't see much accessories at boat dealers except the "must have" stuff that people need right away like some life jackets, mooring ropes, bumpers and cleaning supplies.

Cactus371
01-12-2014, 06:09 PM
I loved how deep the Mondo was but the inside wasn't all that. My outback v is nicer on the inside. I really liked this one. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/13/e3ebutyj.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Mikey
01-12-2014, 11:09 PM
I as a skier as well am kinda shocked to hear of so few DD ski boats. Is Texas not one of the few states that seem to really promote Private ski lakes . Housing developments built on or with private ski lakes.
I realize Most of the top Pro waterskiers are Florida based but i thought there are a few based outta Texas.