PDA

View Full Version : Factory Tower Speakers

kyleh2003
02-24-2006, 06:34 PM
I am curious to know if anyone has the factory 2 tower speaker setup? Is this sufficient for hearing the stereo while riding behind the boat? What about the 4 speaker setup? What is the factory amp configuration that should be used if I want the 2 tower speakers and a sub? Is the 4 channel enough to power all that?

Thanks for any input!

05mobiusxlv
02-25-2006, 02:13 AM
My boat came from the factory, with the 2 tower speakers, sub, and 4 channel amp. The 2 speakers were much better then I expected. Not a problem at all hearing it behind the boat. I added the factory 4 setup, and mounted the existing 2 on the bottom, at the end of the season, like you see in my picture. I was actually very happy with my 2, they did the job just fine, the only reason that I got another 4, was because I got them for free.

I still have the factory 4 channel amp running the 2 speakers, and sub, and its more then enough. Its a 4 channel amp, and they have half powering the 2 speakers, and half powering the sub.

I might be wrong, someone please correct me if I am, but I think if you go with the 4 speakers and the sub, you will still only get a 4 channel amp. I came to that conclusion when I got my set of 4. They had all 4 speakers pre-wired inside the bracket, and only 2 sets of wires coming out.

radryan
02-25-2006, 03:55 AM
I have the 2 factory tower speakers, sub and 4 channel amp. You can get the volume up loud enough to hear it while riding, but I have found that it is too loud in the boat for passengers.

So when i get the boat out of storage this spring(counting down about 3 weeks hopefully!) I am hoping to fix this problem.

Options:
1. Switch the fader controls to put the tower speakers on either the front or rear fader and have the rest of the speakers in the boat on the other then balance sound through the head unit.

2. If the towers speakers are wired to a channel by themselves I coul adjust the gain on that channel of the amp.

Does anyone know what the factory setup is and if either one of these options will work?

Buttafewcoe
02-25-2006, 07:05 AM
I did what rad suggested......wired the tower to one (front) channel and adjusted the gain on the amp.
Hope this helps
B

qb12
02-25-2006, 09:58 AM
05mobius is right. If you go with the factory 4speaker bar from rosewell you have to have the 4 channel amp and then you can run the sub.

doug