PDA

View Full Version : 2014 NW Moomba/Supra Jam - Early Planning

bergermaister
11-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Ok - time to put some feelers out. Yes it's early, but to make this happen around here reservations definitely need to be made early!

We are looking at Labor Day Weekend 2014 as the possible NW Moomba/Supra Jam. That would be Aug 29 - Sept 1. Here are the details so far:

Camping: Prineville Reservoir State Park - http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/Prineville_Reservoir_State_Park/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=OR&parkId=402461
Prineville Reservoir Resort (private) -http://www.prinevillereservoirresort.com/

The state park has a nice amphitheater and some kids programs to keep them occupied and having fun. There's also the opportunity for some bass, crappie, catfish and trout fishing if you're up for it.

Both have RV/Tent spots, a few cabins and the resort has a few small motel-ish rooms for rent. Both offer ramps, moorage, nice beach and day use areas, etc. and they are roughly 15 minutes apart by water or land. The private resort also has gas at the marina, a small store, restaurant, etc.

There are also a few other smaller campgrounds around but I do not have details handy at the moment. The town of Prineville is about 30 min away and also has lodging options for those non campers.

Off the top, between Newty's connections and myself we have around 5-6 families/boats who are ready to commit. There are several of you out there in WA, OR even Canada or NorCal who should really consider making the trip - especially if you've never been. This is a beautiful, big reservoir with amazing water and weather all summer.

Mike I know you have standing plans for LBC that weekend, but really you're maybe a couple hours away. Easy tow for the day so you could hit the main events / highlights.

Please respond and indicate your interest and any questions you have. We'll post this over on the Supra site as well but would prefer to direct them here so we can keep all in the info in one spot.

PS - this is the sort of thing that awaits every day...

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k414/grberglund/Prineville2012/IMG_4116.jpg

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k414/grberglund/Prineville2012/IMG_4097.jpg

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k414/grberglund/Prineville2012/P1090996.jpg

newty
11-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Can't wait. Such a beautiful place. Lots of lake and plenty of activities to keep all the ages busy. It doesn't get as busy as you would think on a holiday weekend either. You can always find butter. Hit either of us up with any questions.
Here's some pics from the parking lot on Saturday around noon on labor day weekend this summer.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/23/y4yde6e3.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/23/jy8eqa8u.jpg
And some wildlife that wandered into our camp one day.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/23/8y2enu2y.jpg

kaneboats
11-22-2013, 03:49 PM
I can be there June 7-8 but you guys will still have snow everywhere.

bergermaister
11-22-2013, 03:58 PM
We'll call ahead and have them plow the roads for ya.

More scenery from August

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k414/grberglund/Prineville2013/IMAG0394.jpg

Other wildlife known to wander camp to camp...

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k414/grberglund/Prineville2013/IMG_6409.jpg

moombadaze
11-22-2013, 09:58 PM
:( I want to go

Boonejeepin
11-23-2013, 06:24 PM
I will start convincing the wife to trailer the boat to the PNW for this!

zabooda
11-23-2013, 09:15 PM
There are also some beach areas you can camp from your boat. Good location for the jam.

Boat-n-Ball
11-25-2013, 09:41 PM

Prineville is hands down the best boating in the Pac NW. Warm glass-like conditions almosts certain, great campground, awesome place for the kids, close drive, can be a blast fishing if the crappie/bluegill are hitting it, plenty of beaches and coves to pull out and enjoy 5 o clock. We will be there if we can get a spot!!!

newty
11-25-2013, 11:21 PM
Great pics Pat!
Pat and his family have been vacationing with us for some time now. Always a good time. We hit Prineville as much as possible.
His all black 07 LSV and my 08 get lots of looks where ever we go.

bbuhtz
11-26-2013, 09:56 AM
Really want to make it this year.

trayson
11-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Hmmm... Was thinking of "stay-cation" boating most of the summer, but you guys might just tempt me to join.

So looking at the Reserve America, we'd have to jump on the reservations on Friday the 29th in a few days?

That said, if we can make it, we wouldn't be able to head out until after work on the Friday and would only be able to stay though Monday (the traditional 3-day weekend with no extra time off work). For that duration, do you guys recommend getting a slip?

newty
11-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Hmmm... Was thinking of "stay-cation" boating most of the summer, but you guys might just tempt me to join.

So looking at the Reserve America, we'd have to jump on the reservations on Friday the 29th in a few days?

That said, if we can make it, we wouldn't be able to head out until after work on the Friday and would only be able to stay though Monday (the traditional 3-day weekend with no extra time off work). For that duration, do you guys recommend getting a slip?

Def get a slip. You only need it Sat and Sun. So nice to just walk down to the boat and go. Its fairly inexpensive. There is not always room to park the trailer in your site. Plenty of trailer parking around but it may be a ways from your site.

trayson
11-26-2013, 03:12 PM
Def get a slip. You only need it Sat and Sun. So nice to just walk down to the boat and go. Its fairly inexpensive. There is not always room to park the trailer in your site. Plenty of trailer parking around but it may be a ways from your site.

That's what I was thinking. I am pretty much down to get a camp site that's near the pathway to the boat slips...

Is it okay to have an extra vehicle in your campsite as long as you pay an extra vehicle fee? We'd have to come with friends so we'd have a tow rig for both the Supra and for my camping trailer. I sure ain't sleepin' on the ground when I have a decent trailer!! (although whatever friends we recruit for Tow-duty will be tenting it! LOL)

bergermaister
11-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Whatever you can fit is usually how it works.

Cabin: $87
Tent Site: $21
Site w/elec: $28
Site w/ full: $31
Slips: $10/day
Ex Car: $7/day

http://www.oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm?do=parkPage.dsp_parkRates&parkId=26

If you end up staying at the private park, you can also get a slip, but if you have a good anchor you can just leave your boat off the beach. I've done that for a week at a time - anchored up right out from our camp site. Lots of people do that actually. Never a problem, with exception of a freak windstorm and a worn out anchor buddy.

Private park rates are about the same.

bergermaister
11-27-2013, 03:12 PM
If you are planning to attend or even thinking "maybe" - NOW is the time to start booking spots at the State Park. If you book Wed - Mon you can do it today, then cancel the extra days later. The park is already beginning to fill up.

Cabins are now gone.
Trailer / hookup spots are still available
Tent spots will probably be the last to fill in.

Don't wait!

Remember - if the state park fills up, the private park is also an option.

bergermaister
02-04-2014, 04:55 PM
Bump! A few board members already have reservations confirmed. Who's in?

We want to start filling in details, talking to sponsors, etc. You guys in OR, WA, ID, hell even north CA need to seriously consider it!

89PROSTAR
02-14-2014, 11:46 AM
I'll be over there two weeks prior. We may make it back over.

jrobb
02-15-2014, 12:51 AM
the lake looks awsome, wish i could make it but not happen this year, maybe i can make it happen next year

bergermaister
04-03-2014, 01:30 PM
Update on those confirmed. I miss anybody?

bergermaister - 2001 MobiusV
Newty - 2008 LSV
Trayson - 1992 Sunsport
Beat Taco - 2000 Santera
Mrd8ker - 2014 Mondo
?? Mandley - 2013 Mojo

Anyone else - come on now!
BBuhtz?
Boat-N-Ball?
89ProStar?
Jrobb?
Cornrickey?
RobertJ?
Jester?
Jburke?
MillerDA68?
Cab13367?

Sounds like there may be a family or 2 with an MC or Malibu joining us as well.

If you haven't committed yet and the State Park is full, Plan B is a nice private park just minutes away that would work that has a marina and even a little hotel with 8-10 rooms.

bbuhtz
04-03-2014, 07:17 PM
The wife is supposed to be going into labor that weekend so chances are I won't be able to make it unfortunately this year. What a drag right? ha j/k

mmandley
04-03-2014, 09:07 PM
I didn't get a camp site. I would need to see if there is someplace we can stay, unless there is room at at someones site.

mmandley
04-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Got a site, Thanks Newty for covering my 6 on that LOL.

I haven't worked out all my details but my plan is I will arrive Friday early AM, set up camp, my crew will arrive Friday night after they get off work and drive up.

I am more then willing to let anyone come ride the Mojo with Flow, or drink some brews, or what ever lol.

beat taco
04-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Got a site, Thanks Newty for covering my 6 on that LOL.

I haven't worked out all my details but my plan is I will arrive Friday early AM, set up camp, my crew will arrive Friday night after they get off work and drive up.

I am more then willing to let anyone come ride the Mojo with Flow, or drink some brews, or what ever lol.

Cool I will leave my boat home and come with you. That way I can get ess faced all day, I love being a passenger.

But seriously I did not book a spot for Friday night so I will have to figure that one out. I'm good Saturday and Sunday night though.

zabooda
04-05-2014, 01:53 PM
I see Dave Matthew's Band is at the Les Schwab Amphitheater in Bend on August 26th if you can go earlier in the week and score tickets to the sold out concert.

mmandley
04-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Cool I will leave my boat home and come with you. That way I can get ess faced all day, I love being a passenger.

But seriously I did not book a spot for Friday night so I will have to figure that one out. I'm good Saturday and Sunday night though.

Thats fine with us man. I'm sure someone will have room for 1 on Friday night.

bergermaister
04-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Jake just park the MH in the boat ramp lot. You'd probably get in late Friday anyway right?. Just park and sleep. Good to go first thing in the AM for the morning run. We'll take care of breakfast so you don't have to worry about it!

jester
04-22-2014, 09:13 AM
Hi Guys sorry for the late response. I have to work Labor day weekend. It is the only weekend that my whole company is down and not producing so it makes a perfect time to do some upgrades.

millerda68
06-20-2014, 11:57 PM
Hey all,

Almost missed this thread. My bad. I talked to Mike a while back and expressed interest. I just grabbed the last tent spot there was A01. We will be there Fri - Mon with boat in tow. Now I just need to get some time with Mike and get the Exile equipment installed :-)

mmandley
06-21-2014, 11:30 AM
Hey all,

Almost missed this thread. My bad. I talked to Mike a while back and expressed interest. I just grabbed the last tent spot there was A01. We will be there Fri - Mon with boat in tow. Now I just need to get some time with Mike and get the Exile equipment installed :-)

Been meaning to get with you on this. I am busy till after 4th weekend. Then my schedule is opening up.

trayson
06-22-2014, 01:29 AM
Hey all,

We are in campsite C20 and have Boat Slip #16. We'll be easy to spot as we have the quirky hard sided A-Frame camping trailer.

millerda68
06-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Been meaning to get with you on this. I am busy till after 4th weekend. Then my schedule is opening up.

No worries. When ever works.

bergermaister
06-23-2014, 12:45 PM
Derek - looking forward to meeting you guys. Should be a good time!

millerda68
06-23-2014, 11:47 PM
Ditto Berg!

OK we are in A01 and have boat slip #11. I was able to get that reserved this morning. There were tons available earlier but as of right now only #3 is left.

We have 2 friends and the daughter and her BF coming along. We are looking forward to it. We have one of those 10' blow up islands we will bring along as well.

trayson
06-30-2014, 02:50 PM
A heads up to anyone that is not from Oregon. I went to one of the state parks (Lake Billy Chinook) over the weekend and met up with "Junior Woodchuck Ranger Bob" who just as I dunked my boat into the water at the launch informed me that I needed an "Invasive Species Permit" to go into the water.

Um, okay. News to me.

So, I ask him how much it is and where I can pay. He mumbles something about it being $5 and I needed to drive a few miles back into town and buy it at the Culver Market. Turns out that the permit for OR state registered boats is only a $5 add-on and happens automatically with boat registration. However, for those of us from out of State, it's $20 + a $2 agent fee.

So, be warned, if you're coming from out of Oregon, get your $20 permit. What frustrated me the most was that I couldn't just pay the money and get my permit at the launch. I had to drive back to town and get it.

They also sell them online:
http://apps.oregon.gov/ECommerce/OSMB/AISPermit/PermitForm

They sell them at 4 locations in Prineville:

R&R GROCERY & SPORTING GOODS
940 SE COMBS FLAT RD

RITE AID #5393
1575 EAST 3RD ST

PRINEVILLE RESERVOIR RESORT
19600 JUNIPER CANYON RD

BI MART #660
2091 NE 3RD

Mrd8ker
08-11-2014, 01:13 PM
Just a bump to this thread. Any new information on the NW meet up in Prineville? Sponsors? Attendees? I still don't know who is hosting the margarita bar on which night. :confused:

-CJ

89PROSTAR
08-11-2014, 01:24 PM
We are going to be there the weekend of 8/15. Anyone else going to be over there?

mmandley
08-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Just a bump to this thread. Any new information on the NW meet up in Prineville? Sponsors? Attendees? I still don't know who is hosting the margarita bar on which night. :confused:

-CJ

bergermaister - 2001 MobiusV
Newty - 2008 LSV
Trayson - 1992 Sunsport
Beat Taco - 2000 Santera
Mrd8ker - 2014 Mondo
Mandley - 2013 Mojo
Millerda68 - 2010 LSV

Those are the ones I know are confirmed.

As for Sponsors, I spoke to Wake Makers and they plan to bring Surf Boards, Wake Boards, Ballast Bags, and that type of gear for us to demo. I assume they will have some decent discounts if you buy at the Event.

Also I haven't confirmed but I'm pretty sure I can Get Exile to toss in something also.
My other goal I'm working on is to see if AWS will pitch in a Boat Service, either a winterization, or a oil change, something like that.

bergermaister
08-11-2014, 01:31 PM
We are going to be there the weekend of 8/15. Anyone else going to be over there?

Not I...

"Invasive Species Permit"

PRINEVILLE RESERVOIR RESORT
19600 JUNIPER CANYON RD

If you forget the permit, this is by far the closest place to the State Park - just a little further down the road. For anyone still thinking about trying to go and can't get into the state park, this place may have availability. Worth a check. Also just a short boat ride away (full marina with gas).

Hoping we can post up some details, hell maybe even a little schedule soon, but it will be pretty lax. :cool:

trayson
08-11-2014, 05:15 PM
maybe even a little schedule soon, but it will be pretty lax. :cool:

Something like this?

Arrive
setup camp
drink
bonfire
drink
watch Greg get stupid
Laugh at greg
Sleep(ish)
Wake up for morning glass
Pound energy drink
Wakeboard
Wander around campsites until you find someone with Bacon
Take a short nap
Go back to boat
Fill up surf ballast
Drink
Surf
Drink
Surf
Drink
Watch Greg get stupid
Laugh at Greg
pass out or continue...

beat taco
08-12-2014, 10:24 AM

Can you get some pics and give us a lake report? Thanks!

bergermaister
08-19-2014, 11:51 AM
Looks like Res is at 72% according to the sites - above average for this time of year which is good for us.

http://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/destea.html

http://www.usbr.gov/pn-bin/graphrt.pl?prv_af

trayson
08-20-2014, 07:08 PM
Less than 10 days!!!!!!!!! I'm getting excited!

bergermaister
08-21-2014, 11:08 AM
^ Indeed.

Just a heads up to the tent campers, plan accordingly for some cool mornings. Ok COLD mornings - like in the low to mid 40's at sunrise. It's that time of year when I wish I had a heater in the boat for the morning run...

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/prineville-or/97754/daily-weather-forecast/335264?day=6

Once the sun climbs it warms up very quickly though. Not as hot during the day as it could be but should still be a good time!

zabooda
08-21-2014, 11:46 AM
I didn't realize Prineville is at 3,200 feet elevation.

bergermaister
08-21-2014, 01:42 PM
For those attending - would you mind posting or PM'ing me your planned arrival and departure days/times? Trying to line up a few scheduled events around the best time and weather to include as many as possible. Thanks!

Berg- Arrival: Wed or Thur, Depart: Monday noonish
Mrd8ker- Arriving Friday night. Probably by 9. Leaving Monday at checkout.
Trayson- Arriving Friday late. Leaving Monday at checkout.
Mandley - Arrive Friday AM. Leaving Tuesday
Newty - Arrive Wed, Depart Monday
Millerda68 - Arrive Friday ____. Leaving ________
Beat Taco - Arrive _______. Leaving _________
Kaneboats - Arrive Saturday AM (red eye), Depart Monday AM

mmandley
08-22-2014, 01:32 PM
What Pat is coming out? Awesome.

Here is the Prinville weather snap shot

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/Screenshot_2014-08-22-10-28-54_zpsscq0oaox.png (http://s639.photobucket.com/user/mmandley/media/Screenshot_2014-08-22-10-28-54_zpsscq0oaox.png.html)

trayson
08-22-2014, 02:08 PM
What Pat is coming out? Awesome.

Here is the Prinville weather snap shot

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/Screenshot_2014-08-22-10-28-54_zpsscq0oaox.png (http://s639.photobucket.com/user/mmandley/media/Screenshot_2014-08-22-10-28-54_zpsscq0oaox.png.html)

I like weather.com forecast better.

bergermaister
08-22-2014, 03:07 PM
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-pray-for-sun-1.png

mmandley
08-22-2014, 03:09 PM
I like weather.com forecast better.

I dont like that WIND

I have used a lot of Apps, but the one I posted is what i use for Hagg and generally 9x out of 10 its spot on..

trayson
08-22-2014, 04:39 PM
I dont like that WIND

I have used a lot of Apps, but the one I posted is what i use for Hagg and generally 9x out of 10 its spot on..

it woulda helped if I could read a calendar. I posted the wrong dates. Please revoke all those cool letters that I have after my name.

mmandley
08-22-2014, 06:50 PM
it woulda helped if I could read a calendar. I posted the wrong dates. Please revoke all those cool letters that I have after my name.

WIND is getting worse lol

newty
08-25-2014, 01:11 PM
Way to be positive guys! The forecast I've been looking at looks great.
It always gets breezy in the afternoon, and even when its windy there is always glass close by.
No matter what, its going to be a good time. For those who have never been, prepare to fall in love.
Couple things I wanted point out as far as what to expect.
-If you don't have a slip try to grab one when you check in. Not necessary but it is quite convenient and the docks are nice.
-Ice and firewood are sold at the campground and are reasonably priced.
-There is a marina on the lake for gas fill ups and a small store.
-Lots of great kids activities are put on by the park rangers both during the day and after dinner they have fun presentations at the amphitheater followed by smores or snacks. In the past years they have done a kids parade on Sunday of Labor Day.
-If your are bringing kids, bring bikes or scooters, etc. there are lots of places to ride around and explore.

Should be an awesome time. We have 7 families with 6 boats in my group not counting the folks here.
Post up your site # so I can come down and drink your beer. I'll be in cabin 3 so you can come drink my beer. lol
(Sorry Trayson, I won't have any wine coolers or Zima for you)
Ill be in cabin 3. Mandleys dream truck (my black Dodge) will be parked in front.
I'd tell you what slip I'm in but I'm guessing you'll figure that out.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
I should be on the water in less than 48hrs.

trayson
08-25-2014, 01:28 PM
Way to be positive guys! The forecast I've been looking at looks great.
It always gets breezy in the afternoon, and even when its windy there is always glass close by.
No matter what, its going to be a good time. For those who have never been, prepare to fall in love.
Couple things I wanted point out as far as what to expect.
-If you don't have a slip try to grab one when you check in. Not necessary but it is quite convenient and the docks are nice.
-Ice and firewood are sold at the campground and are reasonably priced.
-There is a marina on the lake for gas fill ups and a small store.
-Lots of great kids activities are put on by the park rangers both during the day and after dinner they have fun presentations at the amphitheater followed by smores or snacks. In the past years they have done a kids parade on Sunday of Labor Day.
-If your are bringing kids, bring bikes or scooters, etc. there are lots of places to ride around and explore.

Should be an awesome time. We have 7 families with 6 boats in my group not counting the folks here.
Post up your site # so I can come down and drink your beer. I'll be in cabin 3 so you can come drink my beer. lol
(Sorry Trayson, I won't have any wine coolers or Zima for you)
Ill be in cabin 3. Mandleys dream truck (my black Dodge) will be parked in front.
I'd tell you what slip I'm in but I'm guessing you'll figure that out.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
I should be on the water in less than 48hrs.

LMAO. Thanks for thinking of me man! But it's all about the slushy drinks! Though, if you bring your fireball, I'm down for a shot or three!

We'll be in site C20.

Mrd8ker
08-25-2014, 01:38 PM
We'll be in B01.

Newty - a couple of lake pictures when you get settled would be super cool.

newty
08-25-2014, 01:48 PM
You got it.

bergermaister
08-25-2014, 02:03 PM
Spot B9 - Look for the condo on wheels with the coffin sized cooler out front - with friends like Newty you need to plan accordingly with libations... :p

Wind - yes it can come up in the afternoon but can also die right down. Last year after our freak 'Stormin Margarita party' wind event (very rare) maybe 30 min afterwards we were out riding on glass again. Night surfs are always a strong possibility too with at least a few willing victims. I even picked up a zillion candlepower spotlight so no more "Marco Polo" when we forget the glow sticks!

Speaking of that - who's up for a surfbowl?

newty
08-25-2014, 02:36 PM
Ooh ooh me me!
Also, smallmouth fishing is really good so if you or the kids like to fish bring, poles.

trayson
08-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Spot B9 - Look for the condo on wheels with the coffin sized cooler out front - with friends like Newty you need to plan accordingly with libations... :p

Wind - yes it can come up in the afternoon but can also die right down. Last year after our freak 'Stormin Margarita party' wind event (very rare) maybe 30 min afterwards we were out riding on glass again. Night surfs are always a strong possibility too with at least a few willing victims. I even picked up a zillion candlepower spotlight so no more "Marco Polo" when we forget the glow sticks!

Speaking of that - who's up for a surfbowl?

I'm counting on a night surf. I'll have my LED Ronix One vest! woot!

I'm sure with all of our boats all setup to glow, we'll have our pick of boats for nighttime fun!

What's a surfbowl?

mmandley
08-25-2014, 02:43 PM

HEY HEY!! Watch your mouth son!! I have not said I am changing to Dodge yet. I merely said I really like them now that they have a better body style and interior. I have yet to cheat on my FORD by driving Dodge or Chevy!!

Besides my truck buying trend says I have 18 months left in my EcoBoost

haha

bergermaister
08-25-2014, 02:56 PM
What's a surfbowl?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=wakesurf+bowl

Disclaimer: If you're not very comfortable and confident behind the wheel when fully loaded then forget it!

newty
08-25-2014, 03:08 PM
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=wakesurf+bowl

Disclaimer: If you're not very comfortable and confident behind the wheel when fully loaded then forget it!
Bam!

Lolz!!!!!

mmandley
08-25-2014, 03:10 PM
We are in B13.

Myself and some of my crew arrive Friday early afternoon, some others arrive Friday evening, then I think some others on Sunday... LOL

bergermaister
08-25-2014, 05:35 PM
Bam!

Lolz!!!!!

Sorry bro - couldn't resist!

So this may not have come up yet, but the way the slips are situated with the camp overlooking the dock, this is a safe place. Several of us who have stayed around here regularly leave boards in the racks, towels, misc gear laying out overnight and have never had any problems.

Plus since Mike's camp site has the perfect vantage point he's automatically nominated to run security and surveillance from dusk til dawn. I thought someone had already mentioned that but....

http://randmcnally-temp.s3.amazonaws.com/pois/images/c834d674bfa6412492249eafe8602504.jpg

newty
08-25-2014, 05:42 PM
Plus since Mike's camp site has the perfect vantage point he's automatically nominated to run security and surveillance from dusk til dawn.

All in favor??? AYE!

sivs1
08-25-2014, 05:50 PM
If I still lived in Boise I would join you guys, sounds like you'll be having some fun.

trayson
08-25-2014, 06:07 PM
http://randmcnally-temp.s3.amazonaws.com/pois/images/c834d674bfa6412492249eafe8602504.jpg

Looks like my slip #16 will be a good test of my low speed maneuvering skillz.... it's the one in the lower right corner of the pic that's occupied by the aluminum outboard next to the cable reel. At least I'm protected on both sides from other boats. I mean, I'd probably be nervous if Mike was next to me and went staggering down to the slip!

newty
08-25-2014, 06:28 PM
Also, get your music in order. The cell service is spotty so don't plan on streaming music.

newty
08-25-2014, 06:29 PM
Just picked up a satellite receiver to try.

mmandley
08-26-2014, 11:40 AM
Plus since Mike's camp site has the perfect vantage point he's automatically nominated to run security and surveillance from dusk til dawn.

All in favor??? AYE!

I accept that but remember nothing is for free. Not even rent a cop lol pussy with beer at your own risk.

Trayson me stumbling and falling off a dock wouldn't be the first time lol

newty
08-26-2014, 06:07 PM
I accept that but remember nothing is for free. Not even rent a cop lol pussy with beer at your own risk.

Trayson me stumbling and falling off a dock wouldn't be the first time lol
Amateur! Your supposed to take at least one person with you if you do it right!

bergermaister
08-26-2014, 06:42 PM
Preferably a complete stranger - along with their cooler, car keys, cell phone, and perhaps dog if they have one.

trayson
08-27-2014, 11:52 AM
Weather's looking better!

Definitely better weather than staying at home!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-LjnAm8nioLI/U_3_TI9M6ZI/AAAAAAAARjg/ALgYlkM5qpE/s800/weather.jpg

bergermaister
08-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Yes indeed! It's kinda nice too when it cools down a little sooner at night so you can actually sleep. We've been tenting it before when it's still hovering around 85 at 11pm...

Countdown has begun - 8hrs until departure!

newty
08-27-2014, 12:11 PM
T minus 30 min.

trayson
08-27-2014, 12:12 PM
Yes indeed! It's kinda nice too when it cools down a little sooner at night so you can actually sleep. We've been tenting it before when it's still hovering around 85 at 11pm...

Countdown has begun - 8hrs until departure!

That's why we have full hookups and A/C in the trailer.

T minus 30 min.

Jealous of both of you.

bergermaister
08-27-2014, 12:13 PM
I'll expect a cold one and an escort waiting for me at the gate when my convoy pulls in at O-dark:30.

newty
08-27-2014, 12:45 PM
Wills do...
We're off like a turf of hurdles! 20765

89PROSTAR
08-27-2014, 01:04 PM
Be careful out there. There is a floating out house on the way to the dam. Marked rocks on one side and UNMARKED on the shore side. My wife found them while I was surfing. Bottom of the boat looks like shark week. It stopped the boat dead in its tracks. Took a about 6 of us to lift the boat off the rocks. That was a week ago Sunday. Great lake, water is very deep and safe most places. We have been going there for years. Have fun, sorry we are missing out.

bergermaister
08-27-2014, 01:33 PM
Sorry to hear that! I've seen the sheriff out there inspecting before. The boat pulled away and there were still 2 guys "walking on water". We typically don't venture down that way as much.

There is another floating outhouse headed the other direction (across from the private park) - you will see it on the way to the marina if head down that way. Safe on all sides. Well, depending on how long you can hold your breath...

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k414/grberglund/Prineville2012/IMG_4110.jpg

newty
08-27-2014, 04:30 PM
Had to stop in Madras and grab our traditional cherry limeaid.
Going to let the little man drive the rest of the way.20766

bergermaister
08-27-2014, 07:17 PM
The 4:00 Newty Report- 93 and a light breeze.

Also his cabin is ADA accessible so he can crawl home up the ramp and we won't have to carry him - bonus!

bergermaister
08-27-2014, 08:04 PM
Convoy ready!

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k414/grberglund/MoombaMobiusV/48DF25E4-35F8-4CF1-8587-57DCFB0DA10F.jpg

Mrd8ker
08-27-2014, 09:59 PM
You guys are killing me! You are making it really hard to get anything done at work knowing some are you are going to be floating tomorrow and posting updates that I am sure will have some killer water, beer, etc.

bergermaister
08-27-2014, 10:53 PM
MT Hood Pee Break! Traveling with women....

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k414/grberglund/MoombaMobiusV/0F265344-2582-4D37-91FF-EDC9162FF934.jpg

trayson
08-29-2014, 11:00 AM
Report from Berg:

Wind was minimal on Thursday afternoon.

Water temp is 71 degrees.

And to my knowledge, neither Berg or Newty have gotten arrested!!!

...yet

mmandley
08-29-2014, 12:47 PM
Truck is packed and loaded, boat is packed and loaded.

Liquor, is loaded..
160lbs of Ice loaded.

I am a little short on beer I think..I was running out of room after I packed 4 cases, and 2 30packs..

I think my buddies are bringing their own beer..HAHAH

Seriously if you want to come chill at our camp, I have cold beer.

Also anyone coming up if you want to Surf the Mojo known as Bestiea <Beast> just Holler. We always have room, cold beer, and a Wet dog!!

trayson
08-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Truck is packed and loaded, boat is packed and loaded.

Liquor, is loaded..
160lbs of Ice loaded.

I am a little short on beer I think..I was running out of room after I packed 4 cases, and 2 30packs..

I think my buddies are bringing their own beer..HAHAH

Seriously if you want to come chill at our camp, I have cold beer.

Also anyone coming up if you want to Surf the Mojo known as Bestiea <Beast> just Holler. We always have room, cold beer, and a Wet dog!!

^^^^^ THIS is the truth!!!!!!

My trailer is hitched up and all the food/beverage is loaded in the trailer. the boat is parked on the street in front of my house, ready to throw the boards in and hitch up to my buddy's Dodge Diesel.

We get off work at 4pm, so we'll aim for as fast of a turnaround as possible to get on the road. The wifey has a 2 for 1 coupon for Burgerville milkshakes, so I'll be having some BV goodness as I hit the road! woot!

4pm can't get here soon enough.

It's FRIDAY!
It's PAYDAY!
And it's a 3-DAY WEEKEND!

But Mike, I am a little foggy... Are you going to have cold beer?

mmandley
08-29-2014, 02:44 PM
^^^^^ THIS is the truth!!!!!!

It's FRIDAY!
It's PAYDAY!
And it's a 3-DAY WEEKEND! I'm still off till 9/17 so...Just saying...

But Mike, I am a little foggy... Are you going to have cold beer?

Yes I might have a couple cold ones..Course I don't have anything I think you will like or I would offer you one when you pulled in.

We are hitched, loaded and rolling out.

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/Moomba%20Mojo/IMAG0330_zpsccibwpyz.jpg (http://s639.photobucket.com/user/mmandley/media/Moomba%20Mojo/IMAG0330_zpsccibwpyz.jpg.html)

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/Moomba%20Mojo/IMAG0331_zpsmw4ohbwg.jpg (http://s639.photobucket.com/user/mmandley/media/Moomba%20Mojo/IMAG0331_zpsmw4ohbwg.jpg.html)

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/Moomba%20Mojo/IMAG0332_zpsggthgako.jpg (http://s639.photobucket.com/user/mmandley/media/Moomba%20Mojo/IMAG0332_zpsggthgako.jpg.html)

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/Moomba%20Mojo/IMAG0333_zpsx5j4lb6u.jpg (http://s639.photobucket.com/user/mmandley/media/Moomba%20Mojo/IMAG0333_zpsx5j4lb6u.jpg.html)

trayson
08-29-2014, 03:07 PM
^^^^ I'm not that hard to please. Just bring Vodka. I've got plenty of mixers!

trayson
08-29-2014, 03:31 PM
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/Moomba%20Mojo/IMAG0333_zpsx5j4lb6u.jpg

And your dog is gonna be REALLY tired if you're making him run behind the truck the whole way. That's just mean.

moombadaze
08-29-2014, 05:26 PM
Yes I might have a couple cold ones..Course I don't have anything I think you will like or I would offer you one when you pulled in.

We are hitched, loaded and rolling out.

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/Moomba%20Mojo/IMAG0330_zpsccibwpyz.jpg (http://s639.photobucket.com/user/mmandley/media/Moomba%20Mojo/IMAG0330_zpsccibwpyz.jpg.html)is that a shop vac under the helm

trayson
08-29-2014, 08:59 PM
https://picasaweb.google.com/m/zoom?uname=100674121655556926719&aid=5860049500282964401&id=6053154866970840098&viewportWidth=480&viewportHeight=268

Here we come!

Mrd8ker
08-29-2014, 09:28 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/29/0a237436388f7f3be3b5454272e590d1.jpg

Finally on the road!

trayson
08-29-2014, 09:37 PM
https://picasaweb.google.com/m/zoom?uname=100674121655556926719&aid=5860049500282964401&id=6053165729159714578&viewportWidth=320&viewportHeight=416

Crap not even out of pdx

KG's Supra24
08-29-2014, 09:47 PM
https://picasaweb.google.com/m/zoom?uname=100674121655556926719&aid=5860049500282964401&id=6053165729159714578&viewportWidth=320&viewportHeight=416

Crap

10char....

trayson
08-29-2014, 10:21 PM
. https://picasaweb.google.com/m/zoom?uname=100674121655556926719&aid=5860049500282964401&id=6053165729159714578&viewportWidth=320&viewportHeight=416

Crap not even out of pdx

Lost 30 mins.........

And having trouble with my image on the phone...

beat taco
09-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Good times! It was a pleasure meeting all of you! I didn't take a single pic lol!
I learned a lot about surfing lol!

newty
09-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Definitely a good time.

Mrd8ker
09-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Thanks guys. We had a blast and was fun to talk boats with the forum guys. I think we will be adding labor day to our annual camping calendar. - CJ

beat taco
09-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Okay I took one pic

trayson
09-02-2014, 01:32 AM
Fantastic weekend all things considered.

Our convoy:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-vhmlSpvaOBQ/VAEgR9A5TCI/AAAAAAAASJI/joOs518yR0E/s800/20140829_174949.jpg

On the way there, most of you saw my shredded tire. But we didn't let that stop us.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-7BF0rEjn60w/VAVSczb9JfI/AAAAAAAAT9k/0GQFOvVwJBk/s800/20140829_182900.jpg

Morning #1, testing out the slalom wake on some glass. Got to play around a little on my new ski. that was great!
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HNOOY5CHfTI/VAVTBHX95PI/AAAAAAAAT_k/xnEjpEs74mY/s800/20140830_080359.jpg

Newty was nice enough to let me ride a couple of his React surfboards.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4oq6KqkuGO0/VAVSWe0Me3I/AAAAAAAAT9A/6EE-A9B1qmw/s800/20140830_121349.jpg

trayson
09-02-2014, 01:39 AM
Pretty much rode each day until I could barely hold onto the rope. Ate like a king and had great times hanging out with friends and meeting new friends.

This morning was glass for hours.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-SoDmPfxarRI/VAVS1z9xNrI/AAAAAAAAT_E/R6K_ZYpewJ4/s800/20140901_093205.jpg

When we were just about done, Mike found us and offered me up Steven's Doomswell. How could I NOT surf the red rocket??? That board is fantastic.

on the very last run of the weekend, my throttle cable snapped. My boat had enough and decided we needed to go home, and not even one more short run was gonna happen. We disconnected a bracket and were able to control the throttle by pulling the lever on the carb. It got us back to the slip, and we were a little late getting out of camp, but made it happen okay.

Grabbed a late lunch in Prineville and avoided the Govt Camp traffic (thanks Berg) and then had to take Bridge of the Gods to avoid an 18 mile parking lot on I-84! (thanks Google maps). So we took the long way home, but were moving at freeway speeds the whole time, so that worked well for us.

The spare tire made it pretty much the entire round trip. *whew*

Thanks to Exile Audio for the pair of Buoy Balls that I won! Love those things.

The camper's unpacked, the boat's unloaded and parked, and it's time for bed.

Thanks for the great weekend all!

bergermaister
09-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Great to meet you all and put screen names with real names and faces! Good thing (for Jake!) the park rangers don't have the authority to arrest... ;) They do like their quiet hours.

I'm a bit bummed that we were not better organized for some more group hangouts on the water along with a group photo but glad to hear that a few were able to jump aboard with one another to spend some time and try different gear.

Pretty sure little Olive was the hit of the weekend for us (except for my old lab)! Now I need to hide these pictures so I don't have to say "NO" 500 more times to my kids.

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k414/grberglund/MoombaMobiusV/20140831_162505082_iOS.jpg

spyder
09-02-2014, 01:09 PM
man i wish i lived in the north west... instead of boring Ontario.

beat taco
09-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Berg! There's no reason to apologize! I didn't come out there expecting free stuff. The give always were very nice. Newty giving $300 in free service, a ZLD, winterization from Active just to name a few! I thought you guys did a great job. Everyone's boats were gorgeous, I think that was my favorite part. I got to see everyone's hard work and love they put into them. Honestly that was the most customization I've ever seen done on wakeboats at one dock at one time.
My only regret is I didn't hop on CJ's Mondo. But big thanks to Mandley for schooling me behind his Mojo and Josh for giving me a turn behind the wheel in his Mojo and Greg tossing me his Inland Surfer!
But it was the people who made it a success. When we hit the road yesterday all we could talk about was what a great group! We will be back!

If any of you want to come out on the Willamette at Newberg let me know. Sunday is looking nice!

trayson
09-02-2014, 01:53 PM
You should have seen the "custom" perfect pass I was running on Monday to get back to the boat slip! it was my boat with my engine cover up, and my friend pulling on the throttle lever on my carburetor with his fingers to make my boat do more than just idle in gear.

I'll tell ya, if you thought my boat was loud normally, try it with the engine cover open!

Now I have to tear into it tonight to figure out if it is the throttle cable that snapped (like I think it is) or if by chance something in the throttle lever failed (which I hope it's NOT).

Hopefully I can have my boat back on the water by the weekend.

Mrd8ker
09-02-2014, 02:55 PM
Berg! There's no reason to apologize! I didn't come out there expecting free stuff. The give always were very nice. Newty giving $300 in free service, a ZLD, winterization from Active just to name a few! I thought you guys did a great job. Everyone's boats were gorgeous, I think that was my favorite part. I got to see everyone's hard work and love they put into them. Honestly that was the most customization I've ever seen done on wakeboats at one dock at one time.
My only regret is I didn't hop on CJ's Mondo. But big thanks to Mandley for schooling me behind his Mojo and Josh for giving me a turn behind the wheel in his Mojo and Greg tossing me his Inland Surfer!
But it was the people who made it a success. When we hit the road yesterday all we could talk about was what a great group! We will be back!

If any of you want to come out on the Willamette at Newberg let me know. Sunday is looking nice!
Sorry we didn't get you out on the Mondo. We are targeting Sunday in Newberg as well. I'll send you a pm.

trayson
09-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Berg, I've had a couple people on the Supra forum say that they would have come to the Jam if they'd known it was happening. I coulda swore that it was posted on both forums, but maybe not??? Next time we all do a PNW event, we should make sure it gets up for the local Supra people to see too...

I can't wait for the next one. Maybe we should have two events? A season opener type event and this one for Labor day as well. I know that we can't be TOO premature about starting our boating season in the PNW because of weather, so maybe an early summer thing isn't realistic, but it's something to think about I guess...

As far as venue, I really like Prineville Res. It's a smidge farther than LBC, but it still boasts the good weather and with the smaller campground it's probably easier for us all to find each other and interact. And that also meant shorter distances for you and Newty to limp around.

bergermaister
09-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Yeah, my bad on that one. Don't cruise the Supra site much if ever. Should have had one of you Supra guys here post up details over there. >>> Next time.

Earlier in the year would be nice for potentially hotter weather and higher water. Wind is always a crap shoot but usually as good or better than what we had. Nice thing about the holiday weekend is that most have that free extra day...

However next year Labor Day is Monday Sept 7 - most likely AFTER school starts so that may be tricky for us with youngins.

newty
09-02-2014, 05:21 PM
We could always just plan an August weekend and hope for the best. We may be doing crescent bar in August. July always works too. Water is higher and weather is very predictable.

newty
09-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Either way we should definitely plan another eastern wa/or trip.

trayson
09-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Yeah, my bad on that one. Don't cruise the Supra site much if ever. Should have had one of you Supra guys here post up details over there. >>> Next time.

Earlier in the year would be nice for potentially hotter weather and higher water. Wind is always a crap shoot but usually as good or better than what we had. Nice thing about the holiday weekend is that most have that free extra day...

However next year Labor Day is Monday Sept 7 - most likely AFTER school starts so that may be tricky for us with youngins.

Yep, continuous improvement!!

And I totally agree about the 3-day weekend biz. It's fiercely competitive for my wife to get summer time off. I would imagine there's others that don't have the summer flexibility to take the extra days off here and there.

I certainly like things that are RV or camping friendly. Keeps the costs down so we can put more into the gas tanks!

It's probably too damn cold and unpredictable to do Memorial Day, huh?

bergermaister
09-02-2014, 06:21 PM
There are a few possible locations besides Prineville but pretty much all of them require early reservations. I've stayed at both the Prineville Res Resort (with the marina) and now the State Park. Both have their pros and cons but in the end I think the State Park wins out. Better and more spots, nicer bathroom/shower facilities, docks are closer, WAY less dusty, a little protected from the wind. Both locations are pretty serious about their quiet hours.

July would be cool. My family would appreciate avoiding the last minute chaos leading right up to school too.

Memorial weekend down there is highs in 70s, lows in 30-40s and not so warm water.

trayson
09-02-2014, 08:47 PM
well, even for labor day weekend, the weather was brisk in the morning. (but oh so worth it!)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-IPDedKXO720/VAZjp8ufj_I/AAAAAAAAUCU/S_5aL6JaTQ0/s800/GOPR1204.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-F3fBdIAD3jQ/VAZjyQH1N_I/AAAAAAAAUCU/hSIy7ztfTUI/s800/GOPR1206.JPG

But, it was some of the best water I've had since I've owned my boat.

#seriousglass
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-No2OoLOvCgk/VAZj36Ssd-I/AAAAAAAAUCU/pNpoiCH-lFY/s800/GOPR1221.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-DuhHIY1o9YE/VAZj4zy2ZII/AAAAAAAAUCU/N-mrMHjY2uw/s800/GOPR1223.JPG

millerda68
09-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who pulled this together. It was fun to finally meet some people face to face, and despite the weather on Saturday it was a fun weekend.

newty
09-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who pulled this together. It was fun to finally meet some people face to face, and despite the weather on Saturday it was a fun weekend.
Agreed. Awesome time.

bergermaister
09-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Next PNW Jam - July 2015....

Weekend of the 18th?
Weekend of the 25th?

Reservations can be made as early as next month. Jussayin

trayson
09-05-2014, 07:11 PM

Weekend of the 18th?
Weekend of the 25th?

Weekend of the 18th. Then my son could come and be corrupted by your kids.

Although I have to say the 3 day holiday weekend was awesome. I'd be down to still do something over that weekend.

mmandley
09-05-2014, 07:49 PM

Weekend of the 18th?
Weekend of the 25th?

Seriously?

Its way to early for me to commit to that, and it not being a 3 day weekend most of my crew won't be down for that location.

if this is a serious time frame, I will prolly be a No Go then.

trayson
09-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Although I have to say the 3 day holiday weekend was awesome. I'd be down to still do something over that weekend.

Seriously?

Its way to early for me to commit to that, and it not being a 3 day weekend most of my crew won't be down for that location.

if this is a serious time frame, I will prolly be a No Go then.

I am a fan of the 3 day weekend when it's a 3.5 hour drive (sans traffic) one way. We were just getting into our mojo (no pun intended) after the 2nd or 3rd day).

I think that most of the people around the campfire were fans of leveraging the holiday weekend. That's the sentiment I heard.

My first and foremost vote is Labor Day weekend.

beat taco
09-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Most likely I'm at Shasta end of July. August is sketchy too with football. Labor Day is really a perfect end of the camping season trip for us. But school doesn't start until after Labor Day in Oregon.

Mrd8ker
09-05-2014, 09:39 PM
I will be at Billy Chinook last week of July. August is hard with football. Really liked ending the camping season at Prineville.

Mrd8ker
09-05-2014, 09:40 PM
Prineville is also probably too far for us to go for a weekend. Like the 3 day weekend.

supra_allegro_lane
04-10-2015, 12:17 AM
Beat Taco , hit me up if your gonna be on Shasta in July, I live 2 minutes from the lake.