PDA

View Full Version : Our Montana summer vacation* pics *

jimmobius
11-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Well it was a fantastic season for us to say the least. After 2012 season of recovering from my broken ankle , I made up for it for sure. Actually did wakeboard again, just jump from heelside to toe side and clear the wake . Didn't try it until I went on vacation though. Did lots of wake skating and surfing before that. Rode my airchair for a few times and put it away, might sell it don't ride it enough.
Jim

wolfeman131
11-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Fantastic pics Jim!

zabooda
11-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Nice pictures. What lake is that? I may be retiring soon and I like to find neat places to go. It reminds me a lot of Dworshak in Idaho which is one of my favorites. You had some smoke in the air which is the norm it seems out west around the middle of July into August. Makes great sunset pictures.

sandm
11-10-2013, 04:40 PM
ya, where was it?

I spent a year in Kalispell opening a store there. very nice area and flathead lake was amazing, but too cold and california drove the prices sky high..
spent time in hamilton south of missoula. 2 nice lakes there and look like they would be awesome to surf but cold as well even in late summer :(

zabood.. friend in boise idaho spent a lot of time on dworshack and loved it. they have surfed all over northern idaho as she's a teacher so they have all summer to play. have to hook ya up with her. she loves to chat surfing and talk lakes up north. I think they are talking retirement in several years and would suspect they will be up there every summer. they took a drive into canada one day just to say they've surfed another country :)

Cigars n scotch
11-10-2013, 07:24 PM
I do t know about owning a wakeboat in Montana just because of the real short season but I am sure that you enjoy as much of the time you have as possible and you probably have the best scenery out of anyone here! Those pictures are amazing, that is "god's country" and I am not even religious!!! Great pics man thanks for sharing! If love to get out there some day.

jimmobius
11-10-2013, 10:08 PM
I guess I should have labeled the pics of where they were taken. Yes Flathead lake, been going there since 5th grade with my folks. BOL lives near there , we hit another lake also , smaller and a little warmer. No boat traffic to speak of except for the weekends. I guess the water temp was tolerable in June this year, skiing without a wetsuit. We had absolutely perfect weather, was smokey from forest fires in Idaho. The real estate prices aren't too bad than elsewhere, , lakefront is really expensive. If you look long enough you can find places close to the lakes reasonable.
Yes the season is shorter than other places , probably by a couple of months.

sandm
11-11-2013, 08:51 AM
you see the guy with the mega-mansion on the private island near Lakeside? he was building that place when I lived there in '95. pissed all the residents off taking off and landing his seaplane at all hours of the day/night.

rumor there's a big estate at the other end of the lake(south) that was built by the guy that invented the Today Sponge. died and gave it to the university in Missoula. faculty got in trouble using it as a party getaway. all rumors but must be some truth to it..

ever hang out in Kalispell? wonder if Mooses Saloon still open in downtown. all us mgrs there used to do "work" there every friday at 4pm :)

moombadaze
11-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Looks amazing, thanks for sharing

viking
11-11-2013, 02:19 PM
you see the guy with the mega-mansion on the private island near Lakeside?

check this out:
http://www.businessinsider.com/shelter-island-montana-estate-for-78-million-photos-2012-6
Home was featured in last year or 2 on HGTV's "epic homes". Saw it again the other day!
Price dropped to $59M
http://hurwitzjamesco.com/property.php?lng=en&id=103

wonder if Mooses Saloon still open in downtown.

Yup. Great Pizza and can't beat all the peanuts on the floor. Stop there everytime I'm up that way.

Jim....
Did you get on Swan Lake this year?
Glad your back in the saddle!!

EricU
11-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Just how much money does someone have if they have a $60M Lake house in Montana?

WOW!

And did he get a Mondo or LSV?

sandm
11-11-2013, 02:55 PM
thanks for the update. sick house for sure. wonder if it's still the original owner from the 90's. supposedly had deer imported to the island and had solar feeders to ensure they stayed fed.

got in a nasty peanut fight there one friday night the weekend we grand opened the store. lots of corporate people there. the pr manager ended up losing a shoe and didn't notice until she got back to the hotel. had to do the ribbon cutting and grandopening saturday in her running shoes and business suit. good times :)

jimmobius
11-12-2013, 11:57 PM
Wow , been on the water in front of both of the mansions you mentioned.. never have seen anyone there each time we visited the lake. Never heard of the today sponge either, guess I would have to clean something to know that lol. Flathead valley is still a gem , I look forward to the trip every summer. There are other lakes in the state I like to visit also which are also very scenic. Stuck in Colorado for now, looking forward to early retirement and spending more time in Montana and Arizona !
Jim

Woody929
11-13-2013, 01:06 AM
Never heard of the today sponge either, guess I would have to clean something to know that lol.
Jim

That right there is funny

sandm
11-13-2013, 09:58 AM
I guess Jim is not "spongeworthy" :)

KSmith
11-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Never heard of the today sponge either, guess I would have to clean something to know that

LMAO!!!

And characters 123456789

kaneboats
11-13-2013, 11:37 AM
I guess Jim is not "spongeworthy" :)

First thing I thought of too. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfQBKB4s1ks

moombadaze
11-14-2013, 08:45 AM
First thing I thought of too. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfQBKB4s1ks

Great show's back then,

now we have honey booboo, and kardashians--pure crapola

sandm
11-14-2013, 10:03 AM
^after dissin on those shows.... NO SOUP FOR YOU!! :)

kaneboats
11-14-2013, 12:07 PM
It's amazing if you go back and watch the old shows how consistently clean funny they were. Van Dyke, Newhart, Coach, Cheers, MASH, Seinfeld. We were spoiled with talent and now we have Kardashians. Too bad network TV is so dumbed down now. At least there are USA shows and Showtime originals.

sandm
11-14-2013, 12:54 PM
not all network.
I really enjoy modern family and big bang. most of the rest is crap tho..

jimmobius
11-18-2013, 11:42 AM
More pics from this summer !

Jim

996scott
11-18-2013, 10:58 PM
not all network.
I really enjoy modern family and big bang. most of the rest is crap tho..

Definitely 2 of the best!

jimmobius
11-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Just looked at some pics of Dworshak Res. pretty darn nice. Wonder what the lake temps get to in the summer? Any lake front property for sale?
Jim