PDA

View Full Version : Complaint Department- Complain About Anything

kaneboats
11-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Go ahead, get it off your chest. We feel for you. Venting makes it half way better. So complain about anything or anyone- please keep it clean and not too political though.

I'll start.

I got my 2014 desk planner the other day. Crisp new white pages ready to be filled in with appointments, vacations, etc. I promptly spilled a bottle of beer all over my desk and thoroughly soaked the new year with beer (maybe that's a good omen though).

KG's Supra24
11-08-2013, 02:54 PM
I've got a lot of damn leaves in the yard.

New tires are stupid expensive.

Dusty won't respond to me in a timely manner. I hope he hasn't lost that loving feeling.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bergermaister
11-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Dusty won't respond to me in a timely manner. I hope he hasn't lost that loving feeling.

:o Too funny! And yes, tires are way to friggin expensive..... Especially big ones.

I have a "woman" who spends money before she has it too often. Then something happens and the $ doesn't come through as anticipated. Just recently in fact... :mad:

rdlangston13
11-08-2013, 03:04 PM
I got an email from my office while on my honey moon asking me to be in New Zealand the day I am supposed to leave my honeymoon. I got them to push it back a few days but it has ruined our plans of our last ride of the year next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone

sandm
11-08-2013, 03:07 PM
I promptly spilled a bottle of beer all over my desk

This is a problem I wish I could have :)

I can't get my friggin bank to get my address right. and they have the mortgage on the property.

the forecast is going to be 32deg for a high next wed. I still have leaves to rake..

mikenehrkorn
11-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Things are good today and can't think of a good rant, but I'm guessing this thread will be heavily posted.... :) :)

kaneboats
11-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Things are good today and can't think of a good rant, but I'm guessing this thread will be heavily posted.... :) :)

I'm sick and tired of people who can't even think of anything to complain about.

newty
11-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Its friday and I have 2.5 hours of "work" left and nothing to do!

I hate when a prius hold up traffic. I like to give a little smokey 130 decible thanks when they do finally get out of the way!

It burns when I pee!:)

bergermaister
11-08-2013, 06:13 PM
My beer is warm.

newty
11-08-2013, 07:40 PM
My beer is warm.

Drink faster!

jpetty3023
11-08-2013, 08:24 PM
my mini fridge in my outdoor bar don't hold enough beers. piss poor planning

Sent from my iP5s on an app called Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) 2

blackout_58
11-08-2013, 08:24 PM
I got an email from my office while on my honey moon asking me to be in New Zealand the day I am supposed to leave my honeymoon. I got them to push it back a few days but it has ruined our plans of our last ride of the year next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone

I was in New Zealand this time last year for my honeymoon, and I would happily go back if given the chance. What city would you be staying in and how long?

rdlangston13
11-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Ill be staying aboard the noble bob Douglas drill ship for 28 days. Not a whole lot if exploring

Sent from my iPhone

BensonWdby
11-08-2013, 10:43 PM
The hull on my 99 Mobius can't take the stress of sitting on the bunkers on my lift - I have a significant crack just forward of where the bunker stops on the fore end of the bunker. Repaired last year - but reappeared - needs amore rigorous repair.

jmvotto
11-09-2013, 12:03 AM
It burns when I pee!:)

See a doctor ....:|

Kegarator has a co2 leak I can't find,

Could not get any twitter shares on IPO!:?

tgoody14
11-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Summer is leaving, meaning I do less physical work/activity and more sitting in my deer stand.

I love food. I tend to eat more in the fall.
I love beer. I tend to drink more in the fall.

My pants are already getting tighter and I haven't even made it to the main Holidays yet...

😢 soooo depressing

jmvotto
11-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Summer is leaving, meaning I do less physical work/activity and more sitting in my deer stand.

I love food. I tend to eat more in the fall.
I love beer. I tend to drink more in the fall.

My pants are already getting tighter and I haven't even made it to the main Holidays yet...

�� soooo depressing

Tgoody, hope you don't run across this in your deer stand.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=youtube%20man%20bear%20close%20up&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC8QtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D8jR TrRxamxQ&ei=sf9-UvqkGLOu4APnvYGACA&usg=AFQjCNHyS-rnqOfIPhaLOdkTZrFU0kdKCQ&sig2=iI3MnfKVyzS88JltUH90qQ&bvm=bv.56146854,d.dmg

tgoody14
11-10-2013, 08:54 AM
"HOLY SHIT...." Is EXACTLY what I said when I heard the bear start climbing!!!
That is intense!
If he wouldn't have caught that on video, nobody would have EVER believed that story! I'm still shocked at how steady he held that camera, he has lots of testicular fortitude!!!!

moombadaze
11-11-2013, 01:51 PM
"HOLY SHIT...." Is EXACTLY what I said when I heard the bear start climbing!!!
That is intense!
If he wouldn't have caught that on video, nobody would have EVER believed that story! I'm still shocked at how steady he held that camera, he has lots of testicular fortitude!!!!

agreed, agreed and holycrap agree

deerfield
11-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Tgoody, hope you don't run across this in your deer stand.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=youtube%20man%20bear%20close%20up&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC8QtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D8jR TrRxamxQ&ei=sf9-UvqkGLOu4APnvYGACA&usg=AFQjCNHyS-rnqOfIPhaLOdkTZrFU0kdKCQ&sig2=iI3MnfKVyzS88JltUH90qQ&bvm=bv.56146854,d.dmg

So, I was at a bar having lunch and checking the forum. Came across this you tube link. Stopped everything and watched in disbelief as the bear climbs up and guy did not take it out. I asked the bartender if she knows anyone sitting at the bar who is a hunter and she points him out. I show him the video and ask why not shoot in self defense. The answer was that if it's not bear season it is against the law. Does not make sense to me. Is that right?

zabooda
11-11-2013, 09:33 PM
My beer is warm.

.....and my women are cold.

csm
11-11-2013, 11:00 PM
So, I was at a bar having lunch and checking the forum. Came across this you tube link. Stopped everything and watched in disbelief as the bear climbs up and guy did not take it out. I asked the bartender if she knows anyone sitting at the bar who is a hunter and she points him out. I show him the video and ask why not shoot in self defense. The answer was that if it's not bear season it is against the law. Does not make sense to me. Is that right?

I read some of the comments on youtube, and the guy actually responded that he was bow hunting for bears, so it was in season... but that he was hunting for something bigger.. .I guess this was a young cub. Also said he didn't have any firearms on him, just a bow.

jmvotto
11-11-2013, 11:18 PM
I thought all hunters carried fire arms, just in case..

And in Georgia it's for the damn snakes:o

tgoody14
11-11-2013, 11:44 PM

During deer season I strictly bow hunt, but I always carry one of my pistols on me at all times!
Here's your Fact of the day, it is against the law to shoot a black bear in Texas with fines up to $10,000, possible jail time, and loss of hunting license.
That being said, if that were me in that exact situation and I had never encountered a bear before in my life... As soon as he started coming up that tree, he would've been met with a very loud BANG along with a very high pitched scream as I peed all over myself unloading my pistol.
Self defense, is self defense in that scenario! He presented a threat to my life, I had nowhere to go, so I stopped the threat. If you had the video to document it, I don't think many people would say you would've been in the wrong by protecting yourself. Now if you wouldn't have caught it all on tape, like I said earlier... Nobody would have believed the story from the get go and they'd prolly slap cuffs on you and you would have to defend yourself down to the nitty gritty.... ESPECIALLY NOWADAYS with all this gun control nonsense... Let's not get started on THAT issue geeeeeezzzz

bergermaister
11-14-2013, 11:59 AM
First time DIY tile - or more specifically grout. "This shouldn't that bad..."

What a slow, painstaking, friggin mess!

Don't know WTF I was thinking. 3+ hours of grouting and less than half done. Plus another hour+ of cleanup. Should have known to not start this phase in the evening or mix the grout all at once. (have a nice bucket of light tan concrete now :mad:)

Maybe the smaller tiles and intricate design wasn't such a good idea for a first try.

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k414/grberglund/kitchen13.jpg

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k414/grberglund/kitchen14.jpg

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k414/grberglund/kitchen16.jpg

kaneboats
11-14-2013, 12:15 PM
I don't know. I think it looks pretty good. And you have that nice bucket of tan ballast now too. :o

sandm
11-14-2013, 12:53 PM
agreed. looks good. my only advice would have been to cut the ropes on a 45 in the corners.

I have found when doing backsplashs, mix grout in a 1gal ice cream bucket and mix 1/2 full at a time. makes it easier to work.
you did a very nice job with the color palette :)

back on topic.. I need to dump some leaves at the dump and the lot is muddy. I don't want to get my feet dirty..
it's going to rain for the next few days :(

kaneboats
11-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Throw down some visqueen to walk on and leave it there as a favor to the next guy.

Or just bag your shoes with a couple layers of Walmart bags and rubber bands. Remove when you hop back in.

sandm
11-14-2013, 01:38 PM
easier to complain about it than fix the problem :)

besides I think I'm going to have to go again next week. dink across the street chose not to bag his but to use his high power blower and push all his leaves into the walking trail next door to him. wind blew a chunk of them across the street into my yard last night :(

bergermaister
11-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Thanks and good idea in hindsight to miter those corners...

easier to complain about it than fix the problem :)

I'm doing both! Was pretty sketchy last night around 9:00 but was improving around 11:00.

As for the leaves, if you have a dog, the landmines could mysteriously disappear from your yard one night and wind up in the neighbor's one morning... That wind can do some incredible things. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/19.gif

moombadaze
11-14-2013, 03:23 PM

As for the leaves, if you have a dog, the landmines could mysteriously disappear from your yard one night and wind up in the neighbor's one morning... That wind can do some incredible things. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/19.gif

great idea8-)

rdlangston13
11-14-2013, 03:56 PM
I am at Bush airport in Houston to begin my travel and I won't reach my destination until 9 am Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone

rdlangston13
11-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Thanks and good idea in hindsight to miter those corners...

I'm doing both! Was pretty sketchy last night around 9:00 but was improving around 11:00.

Now you get to enjoy putting sealer on it. I hated sealing the grout in our house. Nearly 2000 sqft of tile floor double coated. PITA

Sent from my iPhone

mikenehrkorn
11-14-2013, 04:10 PM
I am at Bush airport in Houston to begin my travel and I won't reach my destination until 9 am Saturday.

Ouch.......safe travels -- hope you have a good book (or 10)

kaneboats
11-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Yea, but you're still glad you did it.

sandm
11-14-2013, 04:18 PM

Sent from my iPhone

must be crossing the dateline? funny how that thing zaps a whole day and then gives it back when returning.

rdlangston13
11-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Yeah, headed to New Plymouth, New Zealand. About to take off for my first leg of the trip, Houston to San Francisco. It will be nice going to a country that speaks English

Sent from my iPhone

bergermaister
11-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Now you get to enjoy putting sealer on it. I hated sealing the grout in our house. Nearly 2000 sqft of tile floor double coated. PITA

I'm sure a ROYAL PITA!

Actually sealed the tile before grouting - mostly the travertine. I doubt I have to worry about the glass mosaic and trim rope as much but it all got 2 coats. Also used some grout sealer milky stuff instead of water in the mix. Stopped and bought more today to finish the job, sigh...

Safe travels!

sandm
11-14-2013, 05:52 PM
I remember the 10.5hr flight from lax to nandi fiji. all classes were open bar. was half cocked before taking off. got drunk on the plane, passed out for 4hrs, woke up somewhat sober and still 4hrs to go. what a flight....

was a trip leaving fiji on Feb. 14th at 7pm and landing in vegas at 12:30pm on feb. 14th. cab driver never did understand that :)

rdlangston13
11-14-2013, 09:16 PM
I remember the 10.5hr flight from lax to nandi fiji. all classes were open bar. was half cocked before taking off. got drunk on the plane, passed out for 4hrs, woke up somewhat sober and still 4hrs to go. what a flight....

was a trip leaving fiji on Feb. 14th at 7pm and landing in vegas at 12:30pm on feb. 14th. cab driver never did understand that :)

Time machine airplane

Sent from my iPhone

jstenger
11-15-2013, 10:21 AM
I hate hotels and their stupid pet policies. I have to work out of town between Christmas and New Years. So here is a thought, bring the family and my black lab with me. But NO, can't do that. Every hotel in the area either does not allow pets, or only allows pets under 35 pounds. It has happened to me before, and continues to happen. It's BS that they allow little dogs that bark all day, but won't allow a 12 year old, 65 pound lab that sleeps most of the day, and wouldn't harm a fly. :mad:

kaneboats
11-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Well, I certainly understand a "NO PETS" policy. But, if a hotel is going to allow pets, what's the big difference between a 35 lb dog and a 36 lb dog?

What city are you headed to? Maybe we can find you some help.

sandm
11-15-2013, 12:51 PM
what's the big difference between a 35 lb dog and a 36 lb dog?

WAIT... I know the answer to this one....... :)

stupid hotesl... when I was moving to green bay, I stopped 2x to spend the night. it was cheaper to sit in the parking lot and make the hotel reservation using my phone on expedia and go in with that confirmation than speaking to the night desk clerk and asking for the "best" rate... why is that?

irish-racing
11-15-2013, 01:15 PM
I hate drivers who don't understand the concept of the 'Fast' lane. Get out of my way! And as far as driving goes why is diesel about $1.00 more then unleaded fuel??? It's a bi product of making gas. It should be cheaper! Like it used to be! I also hate winter.

Snow makes me angry and being cold is enough to send me into an anxiety attack (a little exaggerated) I can't be on the water or ride motorcycles. Winter is a sad time of the year for me.

great thread.

rdlangston13
11-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Why does a continental breakfast at my hotel in New Zealand cost $20?????

Sent from my iPhone

jpetty3023
11-16-2013, 05:47 PM
why does David's red raiders have to face a far superior Baylor opponent tonight

Sent from my iP5s on an app called Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) 2

bergermaister
06-19-2014, 04:15 PM
Old thread....

Why does she feel like, without checking first, she needs to invite ANYONE IN THE WORLD WHO COULD POSSIBLY GO for the maiden voyage / shake down run of the year where I'll be flipping switches, opening compartments, climbing around, re-tune stereo if necessary, checking ballast bags and testing things...

Oh yeah,,, it's much more enjoyable to do this kind of thing when there's 10 people aboard. :mad:

newty
06-19-2014, 04:17 PM
Hahaha have fun!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

tgoody14
06-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Preach Berg, preach haha

I had to do that with all the in-laws.... 😤💥🔫

jester
06-19-2014, 08:13 PM
that does suck. You should start opening up stuff and go "oo shoot we are sinking" then get everyone in life vests and forget to tell them for the rest of the day you are not sinking.

bergermaister
06-20-2014, 12:47 AM
Ha, well tragedy avoided - for now. Nice peaceful run tonight with no in-laws or extras. I'm still not even sure how it all worked out, but it did. I know this is only the beginning though...

My mother-in-law, God bless her, is the type that will sit and observe intently whatever I'm doing. But then ask 100 questions about whatever it is and why you're doing it and what happens if this and that and... As if she's out on a test drive and thinking about buying the boat.

I do like the idea of toying with them some. Hmmmm. Maybe time to watch Captain Ron again.

kaneboats
06-20-2014, 08:49 AM
Just mount one of these right in front of where she sits. When she reaches for it or points at it to ask you what it is, scream, "DON"T TOUCH THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!"

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20194&d=1403268588

garyholl
06-20-2014, 10:55 AM
Why am I always stuck waiting on a guy at the double ramp who puts his Murano in to launch across both lanes of the ramp? He's alone, has to dock his Yamaha, tie up, then come move his POS himself because his wife can't drive the Nissan back up the ramp herself? Would it be considered car theft if I move it myself?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

bergermaister
06-20-2014, 11:19 AM
Would it be considered car theft if I move it myself?

One way to find out!

I can't wait until later in August when all the (usually drunk) commercial fisherman are crowding up the ramp at night trying to get into the water while the rest of us are trying to get out. As long as you're not in a hurry it can be pretty entertaining, but sometimes downright scary what they'll think is ok to do.

rdlangston13
06-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Berg if I were I would be complaining about just not getting to the shake down run in mid June!

Sent from my iPhone

bergermaister
06-20-2014, 06:43 PM
Yah, very good point David. Had a few obstacles keeping us off the water. Happy to say that I didn't smoke my new bearings or brakes yesterday though! Was kinda nervous about that.

rsinger
06-21-2014, 09:51 AM
It's almost July and I haven't got the boat on the water yet..... Fer cryin out loud. Weather's just been crap, especially on the weekends, so far.

chawk610
06-23-2014, 02:10 PM
Step daughter and "man-child" boyfriend of hers almost always at least an hour late when we want to head to the lake. We are about to the point where we just leave without them. When they are on time they show up broke, very hungry and thirsty.

moombadaze
06-23-2014, 02:23 PM
Step daughter and "man-child" boyfriend of hers almost always at least an hour late when we want to head to the lake. We are about to the point where we just leave without them. When they are on time they show up broke, very hungry and thirsty.

leave them, then drive by and wave and keep going

Woody929
06-23-2014, 02:40 PM

Where were you headed?

chawk610
06-23-2014, 03:16 PM
It's almost every time we go out... they decide last min they can come...

bergermaister
06-23-2014, 03:31 PM
Time to deploy the covert mind game operations.

Step Daughter: "What are you guys doing today?"
Dad: "Working in the yard and cleaning out the garbage cans. Wanna come help?"

Later/Next Day
Step Daughter: "WTF"
Dad: "Yeah, we changed our minds. Where were you?"

Disclaimer: This does not work on some variations of in-laws. They will be happy to come and watch you work instead and ask a bunch of questions about what you're doing...

chawk610
06-23-2014, 03:33 PM
Greatness Berg!!!! I may have to try that and report back. On a brighter note... they already had plans for the 4th!