PDA

View Full Version : Malibu sues Nautique

Boonejeepin
11-08-2013, 01:40 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/09/uzasy7ug.jpg

I think many people saw this coming.

sandm
11-08-2013, 03:10 PM
maybe i'm in the minority here, but I don't get it. 2 products are similar in the end result but take 2 completely different routes to get there. make a superior product with a superior end result and you don't need to sue..

I have heard that 'bu is cash strapped and for sale. perhaps this is an effort to rake in $$ off licensing fees now that they see nautique are selling boats..

mmandley
11-08-2013, 03:57 PM
This to me is like one boat company sueing another because they use the same color combos....Or the fact we have more then 1 wake boat to begin with LOL.

rca
11-08-2013, 11:12 PM
In the end, only the lawyers make money, all of them.

jmvotto
11-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Nautique counter sued malibu... Yep just the lawyers earn their keep.

NCSUmoomba
11-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Malibu has no chance in hell of winning this. Upon reading the patent documents, is seems quite clear to me:

Patent #8,539,897: Continually refers to an upright diverter or flap that is pivotally mounted along the longitudinal axis of the boat. NSS in not a flap, nor pivotally mounted, nor along the longitudinal axis.

Patent #8,534,214: This is actually for the steerable tracking fin that Centurion is using. It refers to a steering fin along the centerline of the boat, which NSS has nothing to do with.

The issue is that Malibu's patent application was too detailed (possible due to requirements of the patent laws). If they had patented a "planar device at the rear of a boat to enhance boat wake", they would have been okay.

brain_rinse
11-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Malibu is just mad because NSS is so much better.

Suprahunter
11-10-2013, 10:03 AM
I doubt Nautique waited and just copied the Malibu Idea . It takes years of R&D to bring new things to market. If anything Malibu had to step up the introduction of the SG to beat Nauti to the punch. As a result its been modified several times and still dosnt work as well as the Nautique NSS. Plus its just plain ugly. Malibu should have learned from Mastercraft and Obama about rushing things then having to deal with all the problems. They did learn how to blame others for their short comings .

wolfeman131
11-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Spoken like a true Natique owner.

deerfield
11-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Supra - You are spot on. - Deerfield

Malibu should have learned from ... Obama about rushing things then having to deal with all the problems. They did learn how to blame others for their short comings .

New Guy
11-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Lol dude speaks the truth.

Stay awesome!

E4NASH
11-11-2013, 06:25 PM
I doubt Nautique waited and just copied the Malibu Idea . It takes years of R&D to bring new things to market. If anything Malibu had to step up the introduction of the SG to beat Nauti to the punch. As a result its been modified several times and still dosnt work as well as the Nautique NSS. Plus its just plain ugly. Malibu should have learned from Mastercraft and Obama about rushing things then having to deal with all the problems. They did learn how to blame others for their short comings .

"Like" button!