PDA

View Full Version : I"m in if someone puts it together-group buy-FAE

moombadaze
10-31-2013, 08:48 AM
have the funds available now for a fresh air exhaust, so if someone wants to get a group buy put together im in.

and no, Im not interested at all in try to put one together

mmandley
10-31-2013, 08:54 AM
I can always get one going but we will need 4-5 people total, normally its 5 but I'm sure i can get it for 4. Discount will most likely be $50 off as that's what they have been running discounts for.

Let me know.

mikenehrkorn
10-31-2013, 09:13 AM
What is a FAE and why would I want/need one?

2013 Outback V
2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

moombadaze
10-31-2013, 09:16 AM
What is a FAE and why would I want/need one?

2013 Outback V

Check them out here, lots of info
http://www.freshairexhaust.com/

I was in a Outback that had one-it was very strange how quite the boat was, really changed the experiance of the sounds being on the water, my main reason for wanting to get one.

996scott
10-31-2013, 11:13 AM
I am interested, but would love to hear from people who have this installed and what they think of it.

mmandley
10-31-2013, 01:06 PM
I have ran them on my LSV and the Mojo and i personally love how its more quite in the boat. I find it very relaxing to actually cruise at 21+ and hear the water splashing off the hull.

You still hear the engine but its a lot quiter, pretty simular to how your muffler makes your car quite.

Here is the thread i had for the last one i ran

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?21909-Fresh-Air-Exhaust-Group-Buy&highlight=group

And here is the 2012 one i ran.
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?18437-Group-Buy-Fresh-Air-Exhaust&highlight=group

bbuhtz
10-31-2013, 01:21 PM
Agree with Mike. Here is mine. All my future boats will have one as well. Definitely worth the $$.

bergermaister
10-31-2013, 03:00 PM
What has been your guys' experience with on-going tinkering to keep them in place, tight, connected properly, etc.??

I've done a little reading across different forums and the end result dropped this lower on my wish list.

996scott
10-31-2013, 03:56 PM
So i can understand the FAE reducing the noise, but how does it reduce carbon monoxide? All the FAE is doing is pushing the exhaust down maybe 18 inches lower in the water, it will still bubble up right? Is it that it bubbles up further back behind the surfer now instead of in front of him?

mmandley
10-31-2013, 05:46 PM
So i can understand the FAE reducing the noise, but how does it reduce carbon monoxide? All the FAE is doing is pushing the exhaust down maybe 18 inches lower in the water, it will still bubble up right? Is it that it bubbles up further back behind the surfer now instead of in front of him?

The FAE doesn't reduce carbon monoxide.
At Idle you will still have Carbon Monoxide behind the boat because the air bubbles from the exhaust still burble out at the swim deck.

What it does do is while surfing it causes all exhaust gases to be pushed under water, and they actually exit through the wave and vent to atmosphere behind your surfer.

If you ever watch while surfing the exhaust outlets are above the water line but still being somewhat directed away by the tilt in the swim deck.

The biggest improvements I have noticed with the FAE is that when you surf, the surfer can no longer smell the exhaust. Also we had several people including Claudia and myself getting headachs behind the LSV. This does not happened on the Mojo before the FAE. I think its due to the new engines burning cleaner and the CAT. Mind you, the CAT does not stop carbon monoxide as its an ordorless gas.

The other big improvement that I had noticed, and I have noticed this behind the Mojo before the FAE, and I noticed it behind a lot of boats I have been behind. No more exhaust smell when you come off plane when surfing and wake boarding during your turn around.

I think the rush of smell behind the boat when you come off plane is because the wave behind the boat splashes up on the swim deck and pushes all that exhaust smell into the cabin area.

bbuhtz
10-31-2013, 06:15 PM
What has been your guys' experience with on-going tinkering to keep them in place, tight, connected properly, etc.??

I've done a little reading across different forums and the end result dropped this lower on my wish list.

Berg, I haven't touched mine once since I installed it. I can't remember if there was direction to use loctite or not, but I did use loctite from things I've read on it loosening up. I used it a full summer and didn't have to tighten anything up, thats my experience.

bergermaister
10-31-2013, 06:30 PM
Good to know. And no issues frequently running at wakeboard speed on up to say 30? I'd think there'd be some heavy drag or adjusting needed. But I dunno.

The negatives mostly seemed to come from single outlet exhausts. Loss of power/holeshot, coming lose to the point of almost falling off, excessive spray.

parrothd
10-31-2013, 07:41 PM
Lol... Sounds like people who don't have one trying to scare off new owners because they're jealous.. None of crap is true..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

parrothd
10-31-2013, 07:43 PM

EricU
10-31-2013, 08:18 PM
Good to know. And no issues frequently running at wakeboard speed on up to say 30? I'd think there'd be some heavy drag or adjusting needed. But I dunno.

The negatives mostly seemed to come from single outlet exhausts. Loss of power/holeshot, coming lose to the point of almost falling off, excessive spray.

Put my FAE on last May and never had a problem, I did not use Loctite and I do check my SS bands after I get home and am cleaning up the boat (usually the next day)

Also, it doesn't seem to effect my boat's wake when I board from 22 to 26 depending on water conditions.

Wax
10-31-2013, 08:23 PM
What about skiing, tubing, etc? For the guys that run it, does it affect the perfomance of the boat at any speed or any activity?

This is something I would be very interested in.

parrothd
10-31-2013, 08:54 PM
Stereo is louder..

tgoody14
10-31-2013, 09:48 PM
I'd be in for one! This was in my top 3 of off season Mods... Mainly for the stereo upgrade! 😎

jmvotto
11-01-2013, 08:26 AM
I like the idea, but it will block my under water leds.....::rolleyes:

parrothd
11-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Part of the problem is who's installing it, I saw one post of a guy complaining about losing top end and stalling and falling off, turned out he had it installed backwards.... lol...

Ian Brantford
11-01-2013, 11:01 AM
I have one on my boat. It does help immensely with exhaust fumes. I personally would not surf without the FAE on a boat with no catalytic converter.

I did not get the expected noise reduction in the boat that others have enjoyed. It's only reduced a bit. Noise behind the boat is hugely reduced. I might need to adjust the pipe angle.

My FAE had a significant manufacturing defect with the support mounting holes being crooked. I was able to compensate due to it shipping with two of the square mounting tubes. As I had it in storage for over two years before installing it, I did not bother the manufacturer about the issue. Just inspect carefully and install promptly if you get one.

Boat performance and wake shape are not affected to any significant degree, at least during normal operations at 10-30 MPH. I haven't really tested top end, but I never cared about that. One thing that is affected is turbulence under the water behind the prop. For surface sports, it's not a problem. If you like to do hydrofoiling, it will be negatively affected for beginners who like to cruise behind the boat. They won't inhale exhaust anymore, but it will be harder to remain steady when directly behind the boat.

The only issue that I had with mounting remaining steady was that I believed my dad instead of the instructions regarding how tight the clamps should be. One pipe fitting came loose while towing the boat on the trailer. This leads to another issue: I think I'll do something to prevent swim platform movement. The FAE hangs on it, and it's got freedom to bounce around a bit.

With a new boat, I would be very keen to get feedback directly from the boat's manufacturer first. There may be an issue of backpressure and catalytic converters that are on most current towboats. Nautique is making the FAE-designed Surf Pipe available as a factory option (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=56874). However, that's not the same product as the main FAE, and there could be a warranty issue on other, newer boats. For a second-hand account, see post #63 here:
http://www.mbboatowners.com/index.php/topic/1166-fresh-air-exhaust-sucks/page-4

rca
11-01-2013, 12:24 PM
I put one on my '12 LSV earlier this summer. I love it. Made a pretty big difference in the sound. Before it was hard to communicate with the surfers even when you were on the back of the boat. Now I can talk to them from the drivers seat pretty easily. Music sounds way better when you are surfing too.

The install was pretty easy. I have the same setup as the earlier pics in this thread with the cross beam mounted to the swim platform. That method of installation on the LSV is a very sturdy setup. They also had me put some screws in the exhaust ports on the boat to help hold the FAE. I check it after each run and I have not seen any loosening at all and that's after probably a 100 hours this summer. My installed pics are in this post (https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?22818-FAE-on-a-LSV-Question&p=223475#post223475).

Nobody talks about exhaust smells anymore either, after the FAE install. We didn't really notice before so it wasn't bad, but you can definitely tell that it is better now. We also pull slalom skiers at 30+ and wake boarders pretty regularly and I have not noticed any difference in handling, power or wake with the FAE installed.

I'm happy I put it on and can recommend it.

Ron

moombadaze
11-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Ron, thanks for linking your photos. like that install better with the way it ties into the brackets.

bergermaister
11-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Yes, thank you Ron. I apparently missed that thread and I too like the option to tie into the sides of the brackets.

I know bad news always travels fast so it's good to hear some very solid positive feedback instead. I'm sure that the FAE guys are getting their setups more dialed in as well.

Hmmmm, seeing this sliding back up the priority list now.

Ian Brantford
11-01-2013, 08:28 PM
One other thing for the driver to keep in mind with an FAE: there are no flaps. If you do an emergency stop, you could hydrolock the engine and wreck it.

I did such a manoeuver shortly after installing the FAE. The engine cut out. I was able to restart, but it continued to frequently cut out. We had to end our day. I eventually figured out that water was being held in the exhaust system due to the upward slant of the FAE. After disconnecting it and draining the water, regular operation was resumed with no apparent damage.

parrothd
11-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Lol... More false info..

Wax
11-01-2013, 09:39 PM
One other thing for the driver to keep in mind with an FAE: there are no flaps.

I think flaps are said to be a $40 option if I read the website correctly.

bergermaister
11-02-2013, 12:26 AM
What about backing up?

cornrickey
11-02-2013, 01:09 AM
what about it?

rca
11-02-2013, 01:25 AM
I've got flaps on mine.

mmandley
11-02-2013, 08:37 AM
All the new ones built now have the option for Flaps.
I have the flap option in mine as well.

parrothd
11-02-2013, 11:15 AM
No flaps no issues..

mmandley
11-02-2013, 11:21 AM
No flaps no issues..

I never had any issues on my 08 with no flaps, but I'm not going to say it can't happen LOL. I think we ever reverse very hard. I only use reverse at idle when launching, then i use it to dock, and i use it to slow the boat to a stop near my riders when they are done LOL.

parrothd
11-02-2013, 11:35 AM
We use reverse all the time while surfing, you can avoid the rollers by using reverse to do a hard stop and then let the wave pass you, or backup to the surfer if they're close. Saves a lot of time, not fuel.. :)

The flaps are there to keep water out when the boat isn't running from waves smacking the rear of the boat, since the fea entrance is below the waterfall the time there's no wave to hit it...

bbuhtz
11-02-2013, 03:58 PM
I too hardly ever use reverse. I don't have the flapper option and haven't had an issue. I guess I don't understand what the flapper would really be accomplishing anyways since there will always be water in your exhaust. The option sounds like a myth and is probably available to give people peace of mind. Maybe not, that's just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

rca
11-02-2013, 06:04 PM
I believe the flaps are there mostly to keep water out when the boat is docked, but are also for warranty purposes.

Ian Brantford
11-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Lol... More false info..

I wish that it were. Unfortunately, I did encounter this failure while trying to do an emergency move to save a fallen rider from being run over by another boat. I did get pretty much in his path, but the only thing left that I could do was to honk my horn.

The other posters are correct -- there is now a flapper option, as seen on http://www.freshairexhaust.com/fae-options/ . Unfortunately, that section also has a theoretical discussion about water intrusion in the exhaust that does not agree with my real-world experience.

This has not led me to remove my FAE. However, if I have to do another move like that, I would know to favour turns over sudden deceleration. If I were to buy and FAE today, I would definitely get the flapper option. I see that there is a retrofit, so I now plan to get that next year.

parrothd
11-02-2013, 08:22 PM
In the panic you probably went from drive to reverse to quickly and stalled the engine..

Ian Brantford
11-03-2013, 07:27 PM
In the panic you probably went from drive to reverse to quickly and stalled the engine..

The engine problem continued until I detached the FAE to drain the water.

I sure as hell wasn't panicking. I knew exactly what I was doing. We've had a couple of situations with non-attentive drivers in other boats a couple of times over the years. As soon as my buddy said something like "I don't think that boat sees her", I immediately knew that I had to do a 180, then possibly another 160 to ram the other boat away from our fallen rider. There was a sudden deceleration when starting the second turn and we came off of plane, so there was likely a big wash hitting us in the stern. My attention was not on the stern. It was on the other boat, the rider, steering, throttle, and gauging trajectories.

It was the rider's first time wakeboarding. She wasn't really aware of the seriousness of the situation. My GF was on board and understood though. On that day, she realised I wasn't bragging when I had said before the season (her first) started that the pretty boat which she was admiring was less important than people, and that I'd willfully damage it if necessary to protect them.

I am glad that FAE now has a fix for this issue. I'll take it.

tgoody14
11-27-2013, 12:29 AM
Did we ever get a head count on this!? We have enough for the discount yet?

Wax
11-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Did we ever get a head count on this!? We have enough for the discount yet?

I think I'd be in if I can talk the wife into it as my xmas present!

mmandley
11-28-2013, 01:09 AM
Let me get a hold of her Monday and see what I can get lined up for you guys.

RobertJ
12-04-2013, 02:02 AM
What did you find out on the group buy, I might want in

mmandley
12-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Bumped her again today, I hope to have an answer today.

mmandley
12-04-2013, 03:20 PM
If you have at least four to five, we can do $75 off each FAE. We are currently running a discount on Facebook but it is only a 10% discount. The $75 off is a far better offer.

On a side note, we always appreciate any support that any current FAE owners give us by liking our Facebook page and sharing any pics or testimonials with us. (Thank you for LIKING our page). If you happen to know anyone that can share with us, we really appreciate you passing that along

tgoody14
12-05-2013, 01:29 PM
I think we have 4 for sure, possibly more...

I can only speak for myself, but IN!

Anyone else??

mikenehrkorn
12-05-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm in.........

EricU
12-05-2013, 10:15 PM
...If you happen to know anyone that can share with us, we really appreciate you passing that along

Mmandley, what exactly would you like for us current FAE owners to do? Just "Like" FAE on Facebook? or something else?

Cause I am SO impressed with this company, not only did they let me jump on kind of late on the last group buy, after I purchased, paid and ordered the FAE (after responding quite nicely to a multitude of my dumb questions),they let me change my order as I had bought another newer boat! Again, I dealt with Christina and FAE was absolutely awesome to deal with and they are made right here in the USA.

When I did receive my FAE, everything fit perfect and had NO problems with the unit.

mmandley
12-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Mmandley, what exactly would you like for us current FAE owners to do? Just "Like" FAE on Facebook? or something else?

Cause I am SO impressed with this company, not only did they let me jump on kind of late on the last group buy, after I purchased, paid and ordered the FAE (after responding quite nicely to a multitude of my dumb questions),they let me change my order as I had bought another newer boat! Again, I dealt with Christina and FAE was absolutely awesome to deal with and they are made right here in the USA.

When I did receive my FAE, everything fit perfect and had NO problems with the unit.

Thats right from Christina, I would sugest Liking on FB if you have a page, also then you can post picture, with a FAE link on your FB. I think their main goal is to get owners to talk about it to generate more non owners to get involed.

RobertJ
12-07-2013, 02:35 AM
I am pretty sure I am going to be in after Monday, I need to call and ask a couple of questions. I will work on KTMobius as well.

Bandit
12-07-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm in....

Boardin'Ohio
12-07-2013, 10:29 PM
I looked through installation instructions but didn't see...any idea on approximate length of time to install?

mmandley
12-08-2013, 01:32 PM
I looked through installation instructions but didn't see...any idea on approximate length of time to install?

Varies but about 1-2 hours.
You have to cut a stainless steel bar to length.
Then drill mounting holes in it.
Then bolt it up.

For the most part.

mikenehrkorn
12-13-2013, 05:36 PM
By my count, I see 4 who are in for sure (moombadaze, tgoody14, bandit and myself) and many other "maybes"...........is someone putting together the details? $75 off sounds like a good deal to me

JGP54321
12-13-2013, 08:08 PM
By my count, I see 4 who are in for sure (moombadaze, tgoody14, bandit and myself) and many other "maybes"...........is someone putting together the details? $75 off sounds like a good deal to me

It's on...I put in my order earlier this week and they gave me the discount. I didn't put in any discount code but did write in 'Moomba Boats Forum' in the 'how did you hear about us' section on the order page. I received the confirmation email and Christina (the General Manager) said that she assumed I was apart of the group buy and applied the $75 discount - great people. I also spoke with Larry yesterday about the measurements and he is extremely accessible and also very willing to help.

Not sure if you can rely on the heard about us section but I can tell you I got the discount.

mmandley
12-13-2013, 10:58 PM
Please PM me your Real name and Screen Name, i will then add you to the email i send her for the discounts.
If you know the emailing address or call in just tell Christine your on the Moomba forum. She will give you the discount.

moombadaze
12-14-2013, 08:11 AM
ok, sounds like I need to place a order later on today when I get home

mmandley
12-14-2013, 09:49 AM
ok, sounds like I need to place a order later on today when I get home

Psst its Saturday, you might need to wait for Monday. LOL

mikenehrkorn
12-15-2013, 12:36 PM
It's on...I put in my order earlier this week and they gave me the discount. I didn't put in any discount code but did write in 'Moomba Boats Forum' in the 'how did you hear about us' section on the order page. I received the confirmation email and Christina (the General Manager) said that she assumed I was apart of the group buy and applied the $75 discount - great people. I also spoke with Larry yesterday about the measurements and he is extremely accessible and also very willing to help.

Not sure if you can rely on the heard about us section but I can tell you I got the discount.

Thanks for the heads up -- placed my order yesterday and got the discount as well...

2013 Outback V

moombadaze
12-16-2013, 03:46 PM

well I was going to order it online silly. but have computer issues at work, so I just got off the phone with them, my order is in.

mikenehrkorn
12-16-2013, 03:57 PM

I placed my order on Friday night, got an email from Larry on Saturday and then another email from Christina on SUNDAY no less..........great service so far!!!

mmandley
12-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Talked to Christina today and she is extending the $75 off till end of year.

Christina Dubes
General Manager
FreshAirExhaust.com
Hill Country Boardz, LLC

[email protected]

mikenehrkorn
12-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Seems that they don't have the measurements for a 2013 OBV and mine is in storage and not readily available -- does anyone have theirs available and have a few minutes to take some measurements for me?

If so, send me a PM and I will send you the doc with the measurements needed.

mikenehrkorn
12-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Seems that they don't have the measurements for a 2013 OBV and mine is in storage and not readily available -- does anyone have theirs available and have a few minutes to take some measurements for me?

Or better yet someone else with an OBV that is planning to order an FAE so that I can "borrow" your measurements? :)

mmandley
12-17-2013, 09:39 PM

Let me look into it but I think the OBV only changed the Top deck. if the lower section is the same that's all you would need to tell FAE. They are only concerned because your the first 13 OBV owner.

Now the Mojo they never did, and I had 3 pages of detailed measurements they needed in order to make it. So luckily I can measure stuff better then type and spell or we would have a lot of Mojo owners with FAE systems that didn't fit LOL

mikenehrkorn
12-17-2013, 09:53 PM
No worries....I talked to Christina and we have plenty of time to get it done as the OBV is tucked away in storage for the winter anyway.

2013 Outback V

mmandley
12-17-2013, 10:56 PM
No worries....I talked to Christina and we have plenty of time to get it done as the OBV is tucked away in storage for the winter anyway.

2013 Outback V

Did some checking, the lower hull of the OBV is the same from 09 up, so just let FAE know that and you should be good to order.

RobertJ
01-06-2014, 02:42 AM
Ordered mine on 12/31. Great people at FAE and thanks Mike for putting the details together. I am probably going to get the new "Y" design but I have a bunch of measurements to take since they have not done the "Y" for an 07' LSV. Hey Mike want to measure my boat? You said you were very good at it :cool:

mmandley
01-06-2014, 04:17 PM
Ordered mine on 12/31. Great people at FAE and thanks Mike for putting the details together. I am probably going to get the new "Y" design but I have a bunch of measurements to take since they have not done the "Y" for an 07' LSV. Hey Mike want to measure my boat? You said you were very good at it :cool:

I could drive down and help ya out if you like.

Boonejeepin
01-06-2014, 07:45 PM
I could drive down and help ya out if you like.

If I buy an FAE will you drive down to help me out.

Long shot at getting you to SoCal.

spader
01-06-2014, 07:52 PM
I am probably going to get the new "Y" design but I have a bunch of measurements to take since they have not done the "Y" for an 07' LSV.

Is there an advantage to the new Y system? Just started looking into the FAE system.

brain_rinse
01-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Pics of the new Y style?

mikenehrkorn
01-07-2014, 10:03 AM
How does the new "Y design" differ from the old design? Is the "Y design" what they show on the website now?

RobertJ
01-08-2014, 02:19 AM
I am not able to cut and paste the picture I have of the "Y" design but it was from an email on New Years Day from FAE. I am sure you can send FAE and email and they will get you a picture of it, or Mike can work his magic. I don't think there is a performance issue just a cleaner look in my opinion.

mikenehrkorn
01-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Here is the pic I got from Christina:

But she also said that it may not be compatible with all boats, it depends on the measurements.

2013 Outback V

kaneboats
01-23-2014, 11:07 AM
There is a code available for January to still get the $75 off. Please do not share outside of this board. PM me and I'll send it to you. Thanks FAE!!!!

brain_rinse
01-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Did you end up with the Y style?

motosno963
01-30-2014, 08:26 PM
wish i had the cash for one..would be nice to hop out of the water and not suck up fumes haha

Woody929
01-31-2014, 02:12 AM
I was just about to place my order, but it looks like the order site is having a hard time calculating shipping for TX. It was 3X the cost of anywhere else. I'll have to try not to forget and call in the morning.

tgoody14
01-31-2014, 12:39 PM
I was just about to place my order, but it looks like the order site is having a hard time calculating shipping for TX. It was 3X the cost of anywhere else. I'll have to try not to forget and call in the morning.

FAE is on the outskirts of Austin, TX. I was trying to coordinate a pick up when I went through there last week, but ended up having to ship due to not enough room in my truck that was already loaded down.

Shipping was $42.71 for me from Austin to Del Rio (4 hour drive), if that helps you any!

Woody929
01-31-2014, 12:51 PM
That's the thing, it is $15 to any where else in the country. I shipped a wakeboard to Houston last year for less than $15, and when I ordered my spare tire from Boatmate it didn't cost that much to ship.

KG's Supra24
01-31-2014, 01:15 PM
Is it just shipping charges or shipping + in state sales tax?

Woody929
01-31-2014, 01:35 PM
Taxes are extra. I went back through it. It defaults to $15, but if you wait long enough it will re-calculate. However after comparing to fedex, they are adding about a $25 up charge to their shipping. I just quoted a 25lb package form me to them for $17.30, and I don't even have a business account.

I'm just not a fan of up-charging on shipping. If you have a unique product, you can recover that cost in the price of the item. There is no need to gouge on shipping. 95% of the time I would find someone else to buy from because of it. This might have to be that other 5%.

kaneboats
01-31-2014, 01:45 PM
Give them a call and ask them what they will do.

parrothd
01-31-2014, 01:53 PM
I seem to remember it comes in a box, with packing materials.. Guess you could ask them to use a plastic bag but I don't think they'd help with the damages.. Lol...

Also, did you account for diementional weight? That always gets people.. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Woody929
01-31-2014, 02:02 PM
Kane, I'll call later.

Shipping charges are more based on weight than size of the box. Maybe it weighs 50lbs ($25.34 on Fedex) :-)

parrothd
01-31-2014, 03:15 PM
Kane, I'll call later.

Shipping charges are more based on weight than size of the box. Maybe it weighs 50lbs ($25.34 on Fedex) :-)

You must not ship alot... :)

Woody929
01-31-2014, 03:18 PM
I ship enough, not freight but with UPS/Fedex/USPS. Regardless, I placed the order. We'll see how it shakes out.

mikenehrkorn
01-31-2014, 03:21 PM
In my experience, you should probably hear from Christina shortly after your order via email and I have no doubt that they will correct any shipping charge issues very quickly.

In case it helps, they quoted me $35 shipping to Chicago....

tgoody14
02-01-2014, 12:01 PM
For me: They used FedEx and it came in 2 separate boxes. One with the pipes and such and the other for the beam for under the swim platform. I looked at like, they have us a $75 discount so if I spend $45 on shipping then I'm still saving $30 because of the Forum...

Just good for thought

bbuhtz
02-09-2014, 12:23 AM
Mine came in two separate boxes as well.

Woody929
02-09-2014, 03:00 AM
I'm all good. I think my initial issue was more of a website thing. It made it look like everywhere else was much cheaper.

Christina has been great to work with, and I sent in all of my final measurements for the new Y design today. It will probably be here about when it starts to warm up. I'll have a busy few weekends with all of my upgrades. Looking forward to it.

tgoody14
02-24-2014, 12:34 PM
Aight so I've finally got time to head over to the boat stall this afternoon to install the FAE. Any special tools I need besides a socket set and drill...

I have the one that attaches to the swim platform, as I never take it off!

moombadaze
02-24-2014, 01:08 PM
cutting tool of some kind for the allthread (think that's what it is called) that goes to the platform

mmandley
02-24-2014, 02:28 PM
Also a Hacksaw for cutting the stainless steel bar, and rods that hold the FAE to the platform

tgoody14
02-24-2014, 03:03 PM
Great thanks guys

parrothd
02-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Great thanks guys

Plumb bob...

Boonejeepin
02-24-2014, 08:26 PM
Also a Hacksaw for cutting the stainless steel bar, and rods that hold the FAE to the platform

The stainless is tough. Find a friend with a chop saw if you can.

moombadaze
02-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Also a Hacksaw for cutting the stainless steel bar, and rods that hold the FAE to the platform I used a little cut off wheel on a dremel, well maybe about 7 of those little buggers, but it worked great

wolfeman131
02-24-2014, 10:04 PM
Rookies. How does nobody mention a cooler of beer?

mmandley
02-24-2014, 10:26 PM
Rookies. How does nobody mention a cooler of beer?

If we have to remind you that you need a cooler of beer for an upgrade then maybe you aren't qualified to upgrade anything LOL.

tgoody14
02-25-2014, 07:50 AM
The stainless is tough. Find a friend with a chop saw if you can.

Took the platform off, lined up all the parts, attached the FAE to the boats exhaust, and then went through all the tools I had trying to cut that square tubing, then I remembered.... What am I doing, I've got a buddy who owns a truck accessories shop less than 2 miles away. Looked at my watch, 4:30... Loaded the boat up, pulled in at 4:45, explained what I was doing, (of course he had a more sturdy way of doing what needed to be done), unhooked the boat, me he said he'd get it done first thing in the morning.

He's going to weld a piece of angle iron in place where the square tubing would go, inside/between the two platform brackets, then remove the platform, drill the two holes in the angle iron to mount the FAE, but slightly lower so that there's no need to put holes in my swim platform. Sounds good in theory, guess well see when he gets done.

moombadaze
02-25-2014, 08:11 AM
He's going to weld a piece of angle iron in place where the square tubing would go, inside/between the two platform brackets, .

this sounds like the optional mounting, that's how I did mine. thing is rock solid

tgoody14
02-25-2014, 08:43 AM
this sounds like the optional mounting, that's how I did mine. thing is rock solid

Awesome. Good to know.

Boonejeepin
02-25-2014, 11:00 AM
You may need the optional Moomba/Supra instructions.

My FAE fell off without it.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/25/8u2agysy.jpg

kaneboats
02-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Sounds like your buddy with the shop gets the cooler of beer too. Earned it though.

tgoody14
03-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Here's the final project
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/04/yguzagu9.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/04/e6e9edu7.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/04/y8y6ava8.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/04/2a9ysame.jpg

tgoody14
03-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Should the tail pipe be more straight up and down or is this about right?
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/04/syda2ypa.jpg

tgoody14
03-04-2014, 09:35 AM
You may need the optional Moomba/Supra instructions.

My FAE fell off without it.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/25/8u2agysy.jpg

I planned on doing this 👆but after my buddy welded and bolted the angle iron to my brackets there's not much room for any play, I'm hoping it'll be fine without.

moombadaze
03-04-2014, 12:56 PM
looks good and solid. don't forget to replace that missing screw going into the platform

mmandley
03-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Should the tail pipe be more straight up and down or is this about right?
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/04/syda2ypa.jpg

Tail pipe should be straight up and down. This way you don't hit your feet on it. Also its designed to push the exhaust as deep in the water as possible. Your angle allows it to surface and be smelled by your riders faster.

tgoody14
03-04-2014, 03:17 PM
looks good and solid. don't forget to replace that missing screw going into the platform

Yea I noticed that... Gonna hafta find a stainless steel nut and bolt that size now...

Mike, thanks for the info. I haven't tightened those clamps down yet so I can still adjust the angle of the tailpipe