PDA

View Full Version : Trading 04 LSV for 06 LSV

mmobius2001
02-20-2006, 07:13 PM
Im seriously considering trading up for a difference of about $40 more a month.

i would like your guys input on options.

im def upgrading to an EFI motor.

im def getting 3 year warrenty, wakeplate, gravity games ballast, bimini, heater, swing tung trailer, perfect pass.

now i have a 4th choice.

i want to know if the board racks for 04 will fit 06. also think i'd talk them into some kind of tower speaker deal.

i'll just add my own speakers and cd player.

should i get this "appearence package" its the 3rd most expensive what does it include? i see docking lights which could be mega cool.

what do you think? i def love the much bigger boat that you get and love being able to have auto ballast and perfect pass.

mattva65
02-20-2006, 08:28 PM
I don't think you will ever regret it.

moombadaze
02-20-2006, 08:50 PM
im having the same thought's but need some help with 06 tower hight when
folded down and trailer is level--will it fit hight wise in my garage?.i have
a standerd hight 2 door garage but is extra deep so the lengh is not a problem.

stacy

or would i need to get the outback lsv and put a monster tower on it?
they look to fold flat and fit under the boat cover.

radryan
02-20-2006, 09:39 PM
What kind of trade in value are they giving you for your 04?

As far as the tower racks, I know that the tubing on the main tower supports is larger but I do not remember if they changed the side supports(between the main supports).

Also the tower now folds back to the back of the boat not towards the front, but I do not have exact measurements on the height.

JoeTechie
02-20-2006, 10:09 PM
If you want a tower - get the Mobius, not the Outback. For the extra $2K you get a VERY heavy duty tower - 06 if beefy as hell. You also get the ballast bags, wakeboard prop, and most importrant - the wiring, and pumps for the ballast - so even if you change the bags - the rest of the work is done. Much better than adding later.

Same goes for the stereo - if you do not order the boat with it, I'm pretty sure they do not run the harness or cut out the speaker cutouts, that is asking for too much work IMHO.

The appearance package is Docking Lights, Stainless Rubrail, Pop Up Cleats, and Guide Pole Covers. ~$240 savings ordered in package vs seperately.

The new tower is thicker, but I THINK the support is the same as previous year - smaller diameter and flat sided. The new tower folds backwards so the hieght is about 8" above the windshield.

Hope this helps,

-Joe

Yellowmobius
02-21-2006, 06:42 AM
Def get the Stainless Rub Rail. very nice option.

DCM
02-21-2006, 05:28 PM
"The new tower folds backwards so the hieght is about 8" above the windshield."

Joe,
Did you get the same tower on your Outback LSV as what comes on the Mobius LSV? The reason I ask is that from all indications, photos I've seen, it looks as if the pivot point on the tower would suggest it still folded forward. Unless you were to cock the tower slightly and then lay it back. I'm just asking because I ordered a Mobius LSV and was wondering which way it folded, and it would be nice to be able to fold it back rather than forward as before.
Thanks

MMOB2001,
I'll second the comment by yellow, the SS rubrail is a must, as is the light grey interior. I like it much better than white for cleaning purposes as well as stains. Not near as noticeable. It does get a little warmer on hot days than white does but I'll take that trade off.

DCM
02-21-2006, 05:30 PM
"The new tower folds backwards so the hieght is about 8" above the windshield."

Joe,
Did you get the same tower on your Outback LSV as what comes on the Mobius LSV? The reason I ask is that from all indications, photos I've seen, it looks as if the pivot point on the tower would suggest it still folded forward. Unless you were to cock the tower slightly and then lay it back. I'm just asking because I ordered a Mobius LSV and was wondering which way it folded, and it would be nice to be able to fold it back rather than forward as before.
Thanks

MMOB2001,
I'll second the comment by yellow, the SS rubrail is a must, as is the light grey interior. I like it much better than white for cleaning purposes as well as stains. Not near as noticeable. It does get a little warmer on hot days than white does but I'll take that trade off.

JoeTechie
02-22-2006, 11:23 AM
DCM - Open me - go to Page 44 (http://www.moomba.com/owner_manuals/moomba_06.pdf)
LS & LSV are "style 2" this year. OB, OB-V, XLV are still "style 1"
;)

I do not have a tower, but I have seen a bunch of the 06's folded.

Also, if you have an order, then your dealer should be MORE than happy to answer any of these questions, concerns.

-Joe

DCM
02-22-2006, 12:12 PM
Sweet, didn't realize the side arms folded down. That looks a lot easier than the old style. It was doable but not fun to fold the old one forward. My dealer would be more than happy to answer my questions but he's a long distance phone call away and I got the same answer for free. Gotta love the board!
:p

qb12
02-22-2006, 01:44 PM
The new fold back tower is much improved over the old fold foward. Much stiffer.

However in my opinion it is a two person job.

doug, t-town

smokedog2
02-22-2006, 03:13 PM
DCM,

Are you one of the 8,000,000 people still renting a phone from the phone co. ( caught that on the news this morning - think it was 8,000,000)?

I do not pay long distance bills, $59 flat rate a month and I could probably do better if I looked. Right there buddy, the new boat is free.

My $.02, worth what you paid for it, maybe more for once ;)

SD2

DCM
02-22-2006, 04:30 PM
QB12, it seems that way to me as well, of course the old tower was a two person job unless you had very long arms. At least you can reach the screws from inside the boat.

SD2, I have never rented a phone and my bill is less than $59 a month, on average. All but one relative still live in town, so I make very few long distance phone calls, and when I do it's usually on my cell as it has free LD. So unfortunately I'll still be paying for the boat. Besides, I sit in front of this computer all day so I might as well do something enjoyable with it!

:)

qb12
02-22-2006, 04:57 PM
DCM, One difference was with my old outback I had plenty of clearance room in regards to the boat fitting in the garage with the tower folded down.

On my new Supra SSV, it clears by 1/4 of a inch at best. Scared the heck out of me when I got it home.

Doug, t-town

sickmobV
03-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Collapsed tower height is just below 7 feet. Measured at boat show with trailer fully lowered.