PDA

View Full Version : Bought my first Moomba Mobius LSV

Jer119
10-29-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm a new 2009 Moomba Mobius LSV owner, and a new member this forum. Figured I'd join here to get some advice, help, and just visit with others who share the same interest in boats.

Buckeye LSV
10-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Congrats. Good looking boat, looks pretty clean. Looks like your going to have a long winter's wait, like me, to use your new toy seeing the MN regs #. Congrats

Jer119
10-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the compliments! Yes, I'm in the northwestern corner of Minnesota, so my test run on the water will have to wait till spring. It needs a little tinkering, so I think I'll bring it home and keep it in the shop. It needs some buffing on the hull. There are a few lift scuffs, etc. Also need to check out the stereo connections. The previous owner said the speakers cut out once in a while.

brain_rinse
10-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Great looking boat and welcome to the forum! You may want to set a winter budget for boat mods if you are going to hang around here. We can't seem to leave well enough alone...

Jer119
10-29-2013, 09:48 AM
I'm already starting to check out what is available for these boats. My girlfriend laughs at me, saying "Oh God" hahaha!! I have a feeling with the boat staring at me in the shop, it'll be begging me for a few upgrades.

sandm
10-29-2013, 09:50 AM
congrats and welcome... I have always been partial to that color orange from skiers...

newty
10-29-2013, 11:06 AM
Good looking boat. Congrats! First order of business get rid of the splash decal. That boat would look so much cleaner w/o them. IMHO of coarse.

moombacraze
10-29-2013, 11:17 AM
Congrats on the new boat. And welcome to the family.

Buttafewcoe
10-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Woohooo! ... another victim! j/k ... bought mine new in '04 and she just keeps on going

wolfeman131
10-29-2013, 12:21 PM
congrats & welcome aboard!

glad to hear "girlfriend" vs "wife"

much easier to get rid of when she starts b!tchin about the $$ your spending on the boat. :)

FFEMTP933
10-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Congrats on a good looking boat and welcome to the forum

blackout_58
10-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Congrats on the new boat, and goodluck staying within any budget that you come up with. Two years later and I've blown every single budget.......my wife thinks it's on purpose.

rdlangston13
10-29-2013, 02:47 PM
I like the splash decals, I think that's an awesome looking boat but I feel bad for you. You only get to use that beauty for like 3 months a year!

Sent from my iPhone

Jer119
10-29-2013, 05:02 PM
congrats & welcome aboard!

glad to hear "girlfriend" vs "wife"

much easier to get rid of when she starts b!tchin about the $$ your spending on the boat. :)

I already did the "Wife" thing! Haha!! New girlfriend is way easier to deal with.

deerfield
10-29-2013, 05:05 PM
Jer - Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the forum. Ask away and contribute. Glad to have you aboard. - Deerfield

Jer119
10-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Hey guys, thanks for welcoming me. So far it looks like I have some things to think about. Let's see, first there was the "budget"...I think I blew that just buying the dang boat!! Haha! Then the slpash, keep or not...I'll have to see how this thing fits my style first. And yes, the season is short up here, that's the one thing I can't change. I'll just enjoy it as much as I can. So far, all I've been able to do is walk in and around the boat.

jpetty3023
10-29-2013, 07:12 PM
Good looking boat. Congrats! First order of business get rid of the splash decal. That boat would look so much cleaner w/o them. IMHO of coarse.

welcome to the site and congrats. I bought my 09 new and very soon after removed the same splash decals. one of the best upgrades I've done IMO. Who doesn't love neeked right!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/30/adupe7uz.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/30/jerezysa.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/30/u8e7e9ag.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/30/u9u4edap.jpg

Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2

gus 08 mobius lsv
10-29-2013, 09:02 PM
congrats on the sweet looking boat! living and working on a farm i can appreciate the grain bin in the back ground too. something to consider is a dry suit and wet suit that will add a few months to each end of your boating season and then install a heater ...very good diy step by step you stay warm in the water and the gf stays warm on the boat everyone wins except your budget!

Jer119
10-30-2013, 09:19 AM
congrats on the sweet looking boat! living and working on a farm i can appreciate the grain bin in the back ground too. something to consider is a dry suit and wet suit that will add a few months to each end of your boating season and then install a heater ...very good diy step by step you stay warm in the water and the gf stays warm on the boat everyone wins except your budget!

Thanks! I have a feeling a wet and dry suit are gonna be a must for up here. I usually ride my stand up jet ski till the cold water shock gets to be a little too much. I'm also a farmer, so sometimes harvest takes up a lot of good late summer fun. I'm gonna check the options on the boat, but I thought the guy told me there was a heater. I'm hoping to find some good excuses to be on the water more in the 2014 year!!

996scott
10-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Congrats and welcome to a great forum. There are a lot of great people with tons of information to help you as you go down that slippery slope of mods. You will love it..

moombadaze
10-31-2013, 07:05 AM
congrats and welcome to the madness.

my .02 on the splash, remove the "splash" part but leave the Mobius--have not seen that yet

Jer119
10-31-2013, 09:14 AM

my .02 on the splash, remove the "splash" part but leave the Mobius--have not seen that yet

Yes, I am getting that feeling already. This site is distracting, especially when I'm in the tractor trying to read different topics!! Thank You "auto-steer". Haha. The good thing is that I'm a few days from being done with field work. Not sure what I was thinking buying this boat knowing I'll have to look at it all winter in the shop.

jpetty3023
10-31-2013, 09:16 AM

I tried to do that but it's one big decal and proved very difficult to cut the lines where it didn't look bad. end result was removing the entire decal

Sent from my iP5s on an app called Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) 2

mmandley
10-31-2013, 01:08 PM
awesome congratz man and welcome to the forum

Jer119
11-02-2013, 06:22 AM

I got the boat home and in the shop yesterday and spent a few hours cleaning, and just looking it over. I found a wet bag with some papers in it. In there was some info on a heater install. I do have a heater installed on the boat, which I thought was cool. Hahaha, or should I say, Hot. It's located under the dash in front of the footboard area. I has been told that the speakers cut out, so I hooked up a charger and played some music as I cleaned. I couldn't figure out why the cabin speakers weren't working, only the tower. I was under the compartment looking around, there are 2 amps in there, one was a Kicker, and the other a Kenwood. The Kicker wasn't getting any power. I started wiggling some wires and saw some blue sparks coming from a bad connection on a 30 amp fuse block. As I did that, the cabin speakers came on! The connection was loose. I tightened it up and the light on the Kicker amp came on, as well as all the speakers. What a difference in the quality of the sound system. Not sure what these boats come with, but all the speakers are Kicker. Need to do some tightening on the tower speaker addition, and hopefully I have that taken care of. Next order of business is to buff out some scuffs. Do these boats come with Perfect Pass? This boat has it. Wasn't sure if that was stock or not.

rdlangston13
11-02-2013, 10:11 AM
They come with kicker speakers and a kicker amp from the factory and there are factory options that will allow you to upgrade to some basic 6.5" tower speakers and an additional amp. Same goes for PP. It's not a standard feature but one that the dealer or original owner could have opted to order with the boat

Sent from my iPhone

Jer119
11-08-2013, 03:41 PM
So I'm out in the shop, wet sanding a few scratches and the girlfiend walks in and asks me if I'm gonna get rid of the splash decals... She said there's too much going on. Hmmm, is this gonna be one of weekends where I end up peeling off the dealer stickers, then one splash, and another, and realize I can't stop??

kaneboats
11-08-2013, 03:56 PM
I have a set of chrome "MOOMBA" letters when you get done.

New Guy
11-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Kane if he doesn't want them shoot me a pm with the price.

Stay awesome!

Jer119
11-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Kane if he doesn't want them shoot me a pm with the price.

Stay awesome!

If you guys can work something out, go for it. I'm in the process of peeling the stickers and won't know what look to go with until I have a clean boat to look at. Thanks guys!!

Jer119
11-08-2013, 08:26 PM
If you guys want to work out a deal, I'd say go ahead. Thanks for the offer on the sticker, I just started peeling what I have off and don't know yet what to do once its cleaned up. Thanks again!!

Jer119
11-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Well, got one side done already. That's a lot of black, whew!! Looks pretty good cleaned up. I'll post up a pic soon. I'm sure most of you know what it looks like, but I'll post a few pics anyway.

Jer119
11-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Here's the boat stripped of the decals. Looks like the LSV should go too. also a pic of the side where the scratches were. wet sanded them out and buffed.

wolfeman131
11-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Boat looks good, but whatcha got hiding up there on the lift?

newty
11-12-2013, 11:10 PM
Boat looks good, but whatcha got hiding up there on the lift?

I'm going with a 67-68 camaro and I also spy a 69-70 Chevy p/u.

newty
11-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Jer119, boat looks great! Nice work.

jpetty3023
11-12-2013, 11:27 PM
take the lsv stickers off yes. looks like a mustang on lift I'm guessing

Sent from my iP5s on an app called Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) 2

Jer119
11-12-2013, 11:59 PM
You guys are very observant!! ok, LSV stickers coming off!! Its hard to take pics of the boat without catching a piece of something else. Up on the lift is a 69 Camaro that isn't mine, but i'm doing a few things to it for a friend. Newty, good eye on the truck. Its a 70 3/4 ton 4x4 with a 454 and auto tranny.

TJockey
12-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Good choice to remove the decals. Looks Great!

TJockey
12-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Well, I guess we each know each others secret now! :D Right, neighbor? Now the only question is..... "Who will get theirs into the lake first!" Ice out = game on!!!!

Jer119
12-20-2013, 05:52 PM
Well, I guess we each know each others secret now! :D Right, neighbor? Now the only question is..... "Who will get theirs into the lake first!" Ice out = game on!!!!

Haha! Heck yes. Funny how that worked out. No excuses, this is gonna be the summer to hit the water.