PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Mobius LSV Winterizing the ballast system

kriley
10-21-2013, 06:08 PM
I read most of the threads on winterizing but none match the 2013 model - Does anyone have a 2013 that winterized their Ballast system - Can someone please provide any guidance - Thanks!

mikenehrkorn
10-21-2013, 06:41 PM
I just had my winterization done at the dealer (I was too chicken to try it myself the first year with a brand new boat) and they did winterize the ballast system, though I think all that means is they ran some antifreeze thru the pumps/lines.

2013 Outback V
2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

moombadaze
10-22-2013, 09:32 AM
my thinking is to park on a steep hill with the bow headed uphill, hit the empty for the front center tank and run it till its empty, pull the rear bags out, hit empty to clear the lines and that should be all that is needed. quess you could also pour some bio-antifreeze down the vent for the front tank to help purge any water out while its emptying.

lsvboombox
10-22-2013, 11:06 AM
I pull the bags out unhook all the lines and blow them out with one of of those high velocity air pumps.

mmandley
10-23-2013, 08:54 AM
At the local dealer winterizing the ballast consists of draining the bags, removing them, then hitting drain again.

There shouldn't be enough water left to hurt anything.

If you have the means blowing air through the lines then you can do that as well.