PDA

View Full Version : Winter Projects List - Lets See Em!

ian ashton
10-11-2013, 08:17 PM
What big plans do you have for mods over the winter?

Mine are as follows (we'll see how much I actually accomplish!);
-2x 6v golf cart battery setup to replace the house Group27, and Prosport20
-Add 2nd pair of Exile tower speakers (unsure on another set of XM9s, or hybrid with SXT9s)
-Add 2 more Kicker L7 10" subs
-Tint windshield
-Un-carpet the lockers on the sides of the engine and install SeaDek or similar
-White LEDs in storage areas
-New LED trim rings for the 2 subs under the dash (.5" instead of .25" thick)

Long list, not a lot of free time, but I'm optimistic.

Sharpshooter
10-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Led lights (all blue) in all cup holders, gunnel walls over cup holders, under steering console, 6 led courtesy lights to replace the stock (2) white ones, 4 exile sxt65 tower speakers. new 1100 lb locker bags and IBS baf up front and amp to run the tower speakers and new 24x28 carport to house the boat, I believe that will about do it

2013 Moomba LSV

jstenger
10-11-2013, 10:46 PM
1 - Buy a new LSV
2 - Add 1100's to the rear
3 - Add an IBS
4 - Add XM 7's
5 - Add Exile amps

beat taco
10-12-2013, 12:40 AM
Sell the Supra, buy another project. I could fix the gauges but other then that she's pretty dialed.

I sold my Taco that was completely rebuilt with air lockers and a dana 44, now I have acquired my Dad's (RIP) '89 pickup and will be cutting and welding all winter.

ian ashton
10-12-2013, 07:25 AM
4 - Add XM 7's

Why 7s instead of 9s?

Do you buy from Premier?

sandm
10-12-2013, 07:31 AM
no winter projects. to reclaim garage space, I sent the boat off to a storage warehouse. she is being locked up today and I have ZERO access to her until April 12 next year..

on the flipside, $400.37 for the storage spot. total, not monthly and it's heated, fire protection, guard serviced and alarmed. thought it was a pretty good deal.

ian ashton
10-12-2013, 07:36 AM
no winter projects. to reclaim garage space, I sent the boat off to a storage warehouse. she is being locked up today and I have ZERO access to her until April 12 next year..

on the flipside, $400.37 for the storage spot. total, not monthly and it's heated, fire protection, guard serviced and alarmed. thought it was a pretty good deal.

It took me quite a bit of digging to find a place with all those features that does allow access - mine is a little more pricey but not much; $95/month.

My hope was to have a garage expansion done before winter, but that's not going to happen since I haven't gotten farther than downloading the permit and reading my neighborhood association rules on building.

wolfeman131
10-12-2013, 07:40 AM
thought it was a pretty good deal.

Good deal except for the fact that it's already in storage!

We 'll be surfin, in trunks, all day today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ian ashton
10-12-2013, 07:45 AM
And I'm definitely not ready to out it away! Water temp in our lake is still a balmy 62;
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/12/e5uzajut.jpg

freshturk
10-12-2013, 08:18 AM
sell house
move to north carolina. Thats about the best upgrades i can hope for, anyone know of any other upgrades that can extend your season 2 months?

rdlangston13
10-12-2013, 08:46 AM
I have a large list and probably none of it will actually get done seeing as how I wont have a chance to do any of it until about march next year and well then it's time to use the boat again. I am kind of in a pickle. What I would LIKE to get done is

-Install Interior LEDs throughout the boat
-Add Perfect Pass
-Install LEDs in storage areas and wire to a switch so they come on when the storage is accessed
-Removed all amps, design and build new amp boars removing the factory one up against the bow seat so I can push the batteries forward for more usable space
-Move to 4 XM9s
-Add drain pumps to the IBS
-Add check valves to all ballast bag drain/vent lines
-Replace steering cable
-Dismount all 4 tires and have them flipped on their rims
-Add swivel drivers seat
-Pin stripe tape the gap in the window frame and the window tent

I will need to find a storage unit close to my house to do all this too, I figure If I can move the boat close to the house when I first get off week and work on it pretty religiously all day every day for 3 weeks or so I can knock this out. Problem is I get home next Friday and it will still be boating season, plus I have my wedding and honeymoon while I am home, then it is back to work until mid December. In December it will be the usual Christmas hussle which means no money and not as much time to get the work done. I go back to work mid January and will come home mid-early February and I have a week and a half long class I have to attend while I am home that time so that cuts into My time. Go back to work early March and come early April and by that time the boat better be working cause I will be using it. I could spread it out but I don't want to pay for the storage any longer than I have to. Was trying to get it only for a month and be done. We will see.

jstenger
10-12-2013, 08:01 PM
Why 7s instead of 9s?

Do you buy from Premier?
I plan on going with 4 tower speakers. I personally like the look of 4 XM7's vs 4 XM9's.

Yes, I plan on ordering from Premier. I bought my 2010 OBV from them.

jmvotto
10-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Lock boat away for winter, no major upgrades, just get the fat skiis ready to surf the white stuff...

sandm
10-13-2013, 05:32 AM
Good deal except for the fact that it's already in storage!

We 'll be surfin, in trunks, all day today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ya ya ya.. rub it in...

actually have a few small projects on the boat to keep me occupied, but nothing major. some upholstery work and fighting to get the $hitty trailer builder to warranty a bunch of rust.

E4NASH
10-13-2013, 09:02 PM
No projects for me this year. Maybe putting the boat up for sale in the spring. We'll see how things work out. Boat is already cleaned and in storage. Will be getting winterized soon. Saturday was our last day on the water this year. FINALLY nailed my 360! Pretty good way to end the season and potentially a run with a great boat!

jsly04XLV
10-14-2013, 12:26 PM
Wrap boat,
Exile out the boat:
4 sxt9's, 30.2 amp, Javelin amp

Rebuild amp rack, add on board charging system, swap house battery with dual 6v (maybe).

That's the short list. The wrap will be the only sticking point as it's still in the prelim design stages.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

bergermaister
10-14-2013, 12:55 PM
New custom made tower
4 more xm9's, amp(s)
Add second exile big 12 sub, amp
Integrated hard tank ballasts under floor
Golf cart batteries - maybe in floor
All new RGB LED lighting
Custom Surf Platform with built-in tabs
MPI fuel injection swap, cam, heads upgrade
5-blade prop
20's and new rubber on trailer

trayson
10-14-2013, 12:59 PM
New custom made tower
4 more xm9's, amp(s)
All new RGB LED lighting
5-blade prop

Holy crap Greg!!! I thought you said your money tree in the back yard had dried up?!?!?! Damn, if I had the coin to take all that on, I'd have a v-drive by next year!

beat taco
10-14-2013, 04:12 PM
New custom made tower
4 more xm9's, amp(s)
All new RGB LED lighting
5-blade prop

Go ahead and double that order, I'm in!

KG's Supra24
10-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Get off the fence .... either list the boat for sale or stop thinking about it.

MJR63
10-14-2013, 05:35 PM
New custom made tower
4 more xm9's, amp(s)
All new RGB LED lighting
5-blade prop

Berg - Just saw a pic of the brand new Roswell forward facing tower (it is not on their website yet) that my dealer showed me. It looks really nice! You can get it in black or anodized aluminum. Might be worth while taking a look at it since I know they make some of the factory Supra towers....I think I'm going w/it.

What are u thinking about for a new platform w/built-in tabs?

jmvotto
10-14-2013, 08:21 PM
What's with the 2 6v batteries vs one 12v? I must be missing something, it's on everyone's list.

jpetty3023
10-14-2013, 09:05 PM
What's with the 2 6v batteries vs one 12v? I must be missing something, it's on everyone's list.

interested in this also

Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2

jstenger
10-14-2013, 09:41 PM
Dual golf cart batteries creating tons of amperage and playing time for the stereo. It is what Mmandley is running in his Mojo.

MLA
10-15-2013, 01:46 AM

A pair of 6V batteries wired in series = 12V and are typically 2x the Ah of a single 12v deep-cycle or more. Wiring in a 2nd 12v in parallel will double the Ah, which can still be less then the pair of GC's. GC's are typically more tolerant to repeated deep cycles, then a standard wet cell 12v battery.

zabooda
10-15-2013, 02:23 AM
GC batteries have been used in motor homes for years. Weight is a bid draw back as they are so much larger than their 12 volt counterpart but that isn't an issue with anyone who doesn't ski. I have one 12 volt and that also powers the stereo system. I do carry a set of jumper cables just in case. GC batteries don't like large amperage load such as starting.

irish-racing
10-15-2013, 09:16 AM
WInter project list
-LED's through the whole boat
-1100 pound bags in the rear lockers
-Gravity III ballast system upgrade
-Find the ground loop and fix it. (stereo whines with the motor running)
-Pull tower off and powder coat black

Cactus371
10-15-2013, 10:00 AM
My winter list
New rear ballast system with reversible pumps and 1100 lbs sacks in rear. To replace the 550's.

Hopefully tower speakers and amp(s) and a sub under drivers side. With amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

kaneboats
10-15-2013, 11:24 AM
My winter list: Put gas in boat, surf.

irish-racing
10-15-2013, 11:53 AM

Jealous..... I kinda hope it rains on you once.....

04OUTBACK
10-15-2013, 12:18 PM
lets see (looking up last years list.. cuz none got done!)
CLEAN boat!
Install Underwater LED from Last year!
Install ZLD from LAST YEAR
WAX and buff.

THEN, IF i get that far, look at cockpit speaker upgrades.. maybe amp and 6 new speakers..

AFter that, bring out of storage and start using the LIFT that is FINALLY installed and connected to power. Couldnt use this weekend because we had to measure trailer bunks and get the bunk width fixed.
after boat moves to lift, i want to fix trailer fender that got dented last year from falling of end of boat ramp..

ALSO, the PULL UP Latch on the Fancy Fulton Jack broke last week.. hope that can be replaced somehow without replacing the entire Jack!

jmvotto
10-15-2013, 01:57 PM

where's the Like button!!!;)

jmvotto
10-15-2013, 02:07 PM
GC batteries have been used in motor homes for years. Weight is a bid draw back as they are so much larger than their 12 volt counterpart but that isn't an issue with anyone who doesn't ski. I have one 12 volt and that also powers the stereo system. I do carry a set of jumper cables just in case. GC batteries don't like large amperage load such as starting.

so these are larger , heavier and cost 2 to 3 times more than a 12v battery, nope I'll pass.

I was thinking they were lawn mower batteries.....

sandm
10-15-2013, 03:59 PM
where's the Like button!!!;)

don't you mean where's the smart-a$$ button :)

trayson
10-15-2013, 04:15 PM
See if there is enough from the Wife's inheritance to buy us (me) a custom metal carport for the backyard to park the boat and 1 other vehicle under.
Make my homemade underwater transom lights (I have the housings, the clear encasing expoxy, and the 5050 SMD LED's.) I will likely make extra and sell some off to recoup some money.
Remove gas tank and replace the packing rope on the rudder. Evaluate if that fixes the rudder play and excess water coming into bilge.
tune or rebuild carb
Make a final surf platform after our successful testing of our prototype.
Install a homemade FAE
Possibly design/prototype our "Supra Surf System" (SSS) using concepts from the NSS.
Install a articulating tower mirror arm and the CIPA extreme mirror (if/when I get the mirror for Christmas)
Install FlyHigh check valves on my ballast bags so I don't have spilled water anymore (direct drive = no hidden integrated ballast, so I have to do what I can).
Possibly install actuators to convert wakeplate to power (if the cost/benefit is there).
Finish exterior decals
Add heated seat elements to driver's seat
Reject offers from friends with garages and drysuits to go on their boats because I don't have a drysuit and I'm too much of a wimp to just wetsuit it.

The list is long, expensive and ambitious. In reality, I hope I can fix what's broke and do a lot of snowboarding.

kaneboats
10-16-2013, 08:39 AM
Jealous..... I kinda hope it rains on you once.....

It rained every weekend all summer and really messed up my river. I hope we have another dry mild winter.

Boonejeepin
10-16-2013, 10:01 AM
New custom made tower
4 more xm9's, amp(s)
All new RGB LED lighting
5-blade prop

Dang!!!!!!!!!

trayson
10-16-2013, 11:02 AM
New custom made tower
4 more xm9's, amp(s)
All new RGB LED lighting
5-blade prop

http://rlv.zcache.com/shifty_orange_round_sticker-r7ee1e7e348cd4cfea1ce8d3fcaff660b_v9waf_8byvr_152. jpg

irish-racing
10-16-2013, 11:19 AM
It rained every weekend all summer and really messed up my river. I hope we have another dry mild winter.

I didn't really mean it. Yeah I have a buddy who lives in Tallahassee now and he said it rained all the time. Hope you get some good surfing weather this winter.

ian ashton
10-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Some packages have started to arrive;

Prosport20 2 bank;
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/27/datydyje.jpg

Exile SXT9s;
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/27/avy7yte8.jpg

One of the 2 additional 10" L7s;
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/27/age6yhyv.jpg

Also received 16' more RGB LED strips, and the other L7 on Friday.

RGB music controller should arrive any day, and need to pick up the batteries still.

jmvotto
10-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Ian. ,why the sxt9 vs the xm 9
Be interested to see your feed back of the hybrid, but. 4 Nines kill it .

ian ashton
10-26-2013, 08:42 PM
I don't really ever use the XM9s at full power; I rarely use them for wakeboarding (wife isn't comfortable with that many things going on when she is driving) so its mostly just sandbar time, and I love the way the tower speakers look. My thought is that I can run the volume independent between the XM and SXTs to dial it in right where I want it.

Cigars n scotch
10-26-2013, 09:14 PM
Let's see, I still have to winterize the boat. Thankfully she fit in the garage with all that floor jack & drop hitch shenanigans because it was freaking 30 degrees overnight here the Chartlotte area the past two nights. I would have been fugged if it didn't fit because I am not even close to being ready to winterize due to still unpacking and moving stuff from storage unit to new house. It seems like it will never end. I am looking forward to the day we're settled in. Moving blows!

I don't have much in mind, with purchasing a new home it's taken a chunk out of our $$. I HAVE to bleed my brake lines in my trailer because there's no fluid and nothing but air in them. I'd like to find a shop to powder coat my tower. Maybe install 750's for the rears and an 1100 for the bow. But who knows because I also want to pick up a new CCW gun and finish up my AR build. I need a money tree like berg!

Jay, I am interested to know what you are going to do with the wrap!

EricU
10-26-2013, 11:58 PM
New custom made tower
4 more xm9's, amp(s)
All new RGB LED lighting
5-blade prop

Berg, did you start smoking some of those local PNW "Special Brownies"????

jmvotto
10-27-2013, 08:46 AM
Lol, they do have good brownies!!!,

bergermaister
10-28-2013, 02:45 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmm, brownies.

moombadaze
10-28-2013, 03:43 PM
no good brownies down here, might have to look for some in a months when im up thata way

jsly04XLV
10-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Very preliminary wrap idea. Haven't spent tons of time on it... really just brainstorming right now.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/29/dehu6yny.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

bergermaister
10-28-2013, 04:08 PM
in a months when im up thata way

When's that gonna be? We could try to squeeze in a polar bear surf. Make you really appreciate living in FL.

sandm
10-28-2013, 05:16 PM
I like the wrap. even the right color :)

moombadaze
10-28-2013, 07:37 PM
When's that gonna be? We could try to squeeze in a polar bear surf. Make you really appreciate living in FL.

Really wish I could at least just stop by and have cold beer, but I got to fit in 3 sets of family/inlaw visits in 7 days with 4 travel days criscrossing across Washington state. No stress in that right ?

bergermaister
10-29-2013, 11:13 AM
Hopefully not too much criss-crossing. That means either heading over the passes or through the gorge. We'll try to keep winter at bay while you're here...

rdlangston13
10-29-2013, 02:44 PM
I have not ordered a single thing for my winter project list except the wind dam Patrick is building. I'll probably only be able to get the PP done since I'm broke as a joke from wedding and house expenses

Sent from my iPhone

Cigars n scotch
10-29-2013, 04:08 PM
I have not ordered a single thing for my winter project list except the wind dam Patrick is building. I'll probably only be able to get the PP done since I'm broke as a joke from wedding and house expenses

Sent from my iPhone

I'm right there with ya minus the wedding!

moombadaze
10-30-2013, 03:33 PM
in process:

450lb bag under passenger seat base, had a 275 bag, just need/want a little more ballast since my normal crew is wife and kid

Relocate batterys-due to 450lb bag

install 4th johnson ballast pump and use it to fill 450lb bag. right now i have one pump filling the 1100lb and the 275lb and just taking way to long. allready had the pump and thru hull, fittings and hose from last years purchase

install switch for 4th pump, not sure of location yet as but may kinda hide it and not drill any holes in the dash.

hopeing to do a FAE

Thinking about: transom lights-not sure about this one as it something that will so rarely get to be enjoyed its most likely not worth it.

bergermaister
10-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Relocate batterys-due to 450lb bag

To where..?

moombadaze
10-30-2013, 04:22 PM
To where..?

Into the cubby, thinking inline along the right side wall. But first i gotta see if i really need to and that may not happen till next year, the 275 fit ok lenghtwise but did push up against the battery and the 450 is supposed to be the same lenght so im hopeing i really dont have to mess with moving them. Not sure if the xtra presure will pose a issue or not.

bergermaister
10-30-2013, 04:48 PM
Hmmmmm - I was considering moving mine back OUT of the cubby. Lost a lot of storage when that became their new home. Only other place I could come up with is under the observer side curved seat and they'd have to be sealed batteries sitting on their side. But if a heater install happens, then under that seat is the most likely location and would win out. Guess maybe I just need a bigger boat...

Sharpshooter
10-30-2013, 06:09 PM
http://youtu.be/8Gm33VwsNAI
Started on my led project

2013 Moomba LSV

Sharpshooter
10-30-2013, 11:16 PM
http://youtu.be/27uBunLIGII
Another look

2013 Moomba LSV

Sharpshooter
10-31-2013, 10:32 PM
http://youtu.be/YRyXQ_A5ixk
Almost done

2013 Moomba LSV

ian ashton
11-15-2013, 11:05 PM
More deliveries this week :)

I found that KnuKonceptznmakesnlimengreenbpower wire, so I'm going to replace all the white that I installed this spring while I'm reconfiguring;
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/16/ypuga4yq.jpg

Also got a new led music controller. Previously I had a Wetsounds unit, but it uses a microphone to sense the music and it didn't work as well as I wanted, so I got this one that has an audio input jack.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/16/e8e9yget.jpg

ian ashton
01-01-2014, 09:56 AM
I picked up the batteries around Thanksgiving but forgot to post a pic, do here they are;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/85ou0besyynq3a8/Photo%20Nov%2016%2C%207%2002%2055%20PM.jpg

(Not sure if Dropbox links will work?)

I finally remembered to order Hydroturf for the ski lockers, hope to have that next week, as it will be the first step of my 2014 projects.

And last but not least, I got nutty last night and pulled the trigger on 2 Exile XM30.2 amps; one for each pair of tower speakers, instead of the Harpoon for all 4. Should sound pretty good!

ian ashton
01-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Try this again;

https://photos-2.dropbox.com/t/0/AABPP-hxiDL3z26Gxuf36cYwiPIVFpI94C1MCLAQt3WE-A/12/51980419/jpeg/1024x768/3/1388592000/0/2/image.jpg/wDx7BDDf78WsHEr3PQgAj15P9H3tmx4UOB-uQoPZgW4

jmvotto
01-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Ian, I must have missed it , you get another pair of green 9's

Nice upgrade.

ian ashton
01-01-2014, 10:36 AM
Yea, I'm adding a pair of SXT9s to the pair of XM9s that I have. I figure running separate amps will give me the ability to dial in gains more closely and control volume independently between the pairs.

996scott
01-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Definitely post pictures of the hydroturf in the ski lockers when done. I want to do this as well

moombadaze
01-02-2014, 09:20 AM
pumps and bags are done. working on the fae now.

ian ashton
01-02-2014, 09:21 AM
pumps and bags are done. working on the fae now.

Pics or it didn't happen!

moombadaze
01-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Pics or it didn't happen! Agreed, but I did'nt take any pictures of the 4th pump and now its hidden from view--inside of the motor panel back by the muffler, this fae is kicking my butt, you have to install metal inserts into the exhaust ports, the ports are hard plastic and were deformed, 30 minutes with a hair dryer for each side and lots force getting the ports close to round and a small hammer and the inserts are in. all in all im into this fae about 2hrs, still not done. pics when its done.....

kaneboats
01-03-2014, 11:01 AM
That's quite a bit of beer. Way to stay after it.

ian ashton
01-25-2014, 09:15 PM
I finally got to spend some quality time with the boat to get some projects under way! Because I'm planning to put the 6V batteries in the rear engine hatch area (not quite sure exactly where yet) I wanted to get the lockers done - so I ripped out the carpet and started scraping the glue - what a joyous job that is! I took photos of that process, but they don't look like anything - photographing black fiberglass in a dimly lit warehouse, go figure!

A while back I ordered a large (47" x 86") sheet of gray cut groove Hydroturf with adhesive backing - I was pleasantly surprised that the material is very similar to the feel of SeaDek, but a bit cheaper.

So I brought the carpet home and used it as a template to cut the Hydroturf - hoping to get to the boat tomorrow or Monday to test fit and possibly install. Next up will be batteries and ProSport!

edit: Not sure if Dropbox links are working, so also uploaded to the (terribly quality) Tapatalk...
The carpet "template" on top of the sheet of Hydroturf;
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/26/datajyna.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j497qpaz1os2umo/Photo%20Jan%2025%2C%202%2025%2030%20PM.jpg

Rather than draw on the product itself I chose to put tape around the perimeter of the carpet, then draw on the tape - this way I don't have any black lines to wash out;
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/26/vemu3ybe.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k895y8icejh5eob/uC33dsl2Qq

ian ashton
01-25-2014, 09:24 PM
Man the photo hosting limitations here are really bad, what the heck happened?

ian ashton
01-25-2014, 09:25 PM
19156Direct upload to the site any better than Tapatalk?

ian ashton
01-25-2014, 09:38 PM
Another test;
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/26/ary4aha8.jpg

motosno963
01-26-2014, 03:16 AM
redo the distro boxes on amp rack
rewire the amp rack
maybe do a new amp rack
would like to do:
carpet
sea dek in the bow walkway
new drivers seat and vinyl for the rest of the boat
another set of xm7's or 9's( i know i dont have the coin for this )
led lighting in the boat
replace the rockford amp with a javi

EricU
01-27-2014, 12:20 AM
Two new sets of WS XS-808 in-boats to go with the existing in boat XS-650s, Two new W6-12s and a whole slew of new Arc Audio amps, rewire the tower with WS wires for the RGBs because I had to buy a new Sampson tower. Of course with all the new amps, I am upping the size of the power cabling and adding some more RGBs and a second controller.

At least I now have a bunch of stereo components for my pontoon boat.

Powder coating the windshield frame to match the new tower and of course the Icon8 housings.

I blame you guys and this website for continually feeding my upgraditis affliction!!

96Comp
01-27-2014, 06:56 AM
Still using it. Heated garage and nuclear reactor heated lake. But for the really cold month, replace tower speakers, maybe send the back seat out for new upholstry, fresh air exhaust, wetsounds equalizer/fader/sub control.

jstenger
03-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Yea, I'm adding a pair of SXT9s to the pair of XM9s that I have. I figure running separate amps will give me the ability to dial in gains more closely and control volume independently between the pairs.
Any progress on your SXT9 install? Curious to see how the four speakers look on the tower.

TKE459
03-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Any progress on your SXT9 install? Curious to see how the four speakers look on the tower.

I just put 4 SXT9s on my tower. I think they look pretty good.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/12/revymupe.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/12/hasaguby.jpg

Edit: you guys are right about tapatalk picture quality. Blah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uniwarking
03-12-2014, 01:46 PM
They look great! I'd appreciate if you or someone could share some close up shots of the install on the tower... I'm trying to decide where the best spot would be to mount my single pair in the Mojo.

Also, I'm sure you're aware... but you can rotate those speaker grills so they are "level"

TKE459
03-12-2014, 04:51 PM
They look great! I'd appreciate if you or someone could share some close up shots of the install on the tower... I'm trying to decide where the best spot would be to mount my single pair in the Mojo.

Also, I'm sure you're aware... but you can rotate those speaker grills so they are "level"

I didn't know you could rotate the grills, thanks for the heads up! PM me your email and I'll send some pictures your way. I'm up at the lake with the boat now so I can get some detailed pictures to you soon.

liquid_acid
03-12-2014, 09:32 PM
I got this starting next week
Tower
Racks
Amp
Amp
Battery and switch
Sub
Tower speakers
Underwater led's
Custom Bimini
Fix leak in baffle
Plugs and wires
Fix marker lights on trailer
Moomba beer coozies

Spent a small fortune on the 98' outback I bought last summer. Between all these upgrades and the new vinyl I did last year, it will pretty much be a new boat. Pretty stoked for summer.

BGeorge01
03-12-2014, 11:28 PM
Liquid, what tower did ya get. I'm putting the big air vapor on mine this weekend should be a interesting day haha

JeffCook3
03-12-2014, 11:43 PM

I will try to snap some pics tomorrow and post them.

liquid_acid
03-13-2014, 07:03 AM
Liquid, what tower did ya get. I'm putting the big air vapor on mine this weekend should be a interesting day haha

I got the big air vapor as well. In black with the black racks and the big air Bimini. Post some pictures when you got it mounted.

jstenger
03-16-2014, 12:30 PM
I just put 4 SXT9s on my tower. I think they look pretty good.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/12/revymupe.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/12/hasaguby.jpg

Edit: you guys are right about tapatalk picture quality. Blah.

Have you had a chance to try these out at wakeboard distance? Curious as how they sound compared to XM9's.

TKE459
03-16-2014, 04:04 PM
Have you had a chance to try these out at wakeboard distance? Curious as how they sound compared to XM9's.

I haven't turned them up to as loud as I would need to at wakeboard distance. Main reason was having my son on the boat (he's 21 months) and I didn't want the volume to bother him.
I know some people have said that you can hear them at that distance however if that is your concern to go with the XM9s or a hybrid setup. We spend 90% of our time surfing and at the cove so these speakers were the best fit.

ian ashton
03-16-2014, 06:20 PM
Got a special delivery this week from the fine folks at Exile!

This summer on the tower I'll be running a pair of XM9s and SXT9s; rather than powering both off of the Harpoon that I've already got I decided to step up and switch to XM30.2's; one amp for each pair of towers.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/17/pe2yde9a.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/17/uvuqy4ad.jpg

A standard coffee cup, to give you some size perspective;
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/17/aquta9u3.jpg

Now that I have these beauties I really want to swap out the Xi800.4 for an XM15.4 - they are so compact, I have visions of a sweet amp rack (I'll likely retain the XM1500.1 for my subs, as thats tucked away nicely, and I think produces a little more power than the XM12.1).

jpetty3023
03-16-2014, 06:54 PM
such a great feeling when that exile unboxing occurs. my only regret was waiting so long to place the order

Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2

marman
03-16-2014, 08:02 PM
Got my JL Audio upgrades done this week. Replaced the stock Kicker 6 cabin speakers and amp with JL's MX650's and powered with their M600/6. Added a MX10IB3 under the helm and powered it with a M200/2. Glad to get these done. Should be able to get out on Lanier in the next few weeks!

ian ashton
03-16-2014, 08:09 PM
Nice setup, and very clean install!

Is there a box behind the trim panel for the sub, or is it free-air?

marman
03-16-2014, 08:18 PM
Nice setup, and very clean install!

Is there a box behind the trim panel for the sub, or is it free-air?

Thanks! It is free air. I wasn't really planning on leaving it that way. The JL dealer told me it would sound better if it was enclosed more even though it is IB. While trying to think about materials to either enclose it more or either build a more dedicated enclosure I decided I would just see how it would sound free air. I cutout the small wall under the helm stuck it in and I was shocked how much bass it put out. So I think I am going to leave it this way this year since the season is getting near and the yard needs some attention. :( So all in all I am pretty happy the way it is for now. I wish I could hear one installed more enclosed to see what the difference would be.

wolfeman131
03-16-2014, 09:50 PM
Great looking gear in both posts!

KG's Supra24
03-16-2014, 11:20 PM
Love all the upgrades.

Ian, are you going to control the tower pairs separately or together?

Marman, ask for some suggestions in the audio forum. Couple pro installers that might be able to help you make the most of the IB. Great looking install!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ian ashton
03-17-2014, 07:52 AM
Love all the upgrades.

Ian, are you going to control the tower pairs separately or together?

I'm going to use a Kicker dual zone controller to give me independent volume control. That was the leading factor in running them on their own amps; I feel like this way I can dial in, depending on what we are doing.

jstenger
03-17-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm going to use a Kicker dual zone controller to give me independent volume control. That was the leading factor in running them on their own amps; I feel like this way I can dial in, depending on what we are doing.
Curious as to why you are using the Kicker dual zone controller and not a pair of Exile tower volume controllers.

ian ashton
03-17-2014, 08:48 PM
Curious as to why you are using the Kicker dual zone controller and not a pair of Exile tower volume controllers.

Because I didn't know such a product existed...

Woody929
03-23-2014, 05:31 PM
It took some calling around to find them, but 4 Costcos later I now have 2 6v golf cart batteries for $87 each. Next up, I need to finish my Amazon cart with the battery boxes, blue sea add-a-battery, prosport 20, and anything else I can think of. I hope to start the Exile install next weekend.

Nobodyrides4Free
03-23-2014, 08:34 PM
Started re-doing Ballast pumps in the fall. Added another pump, have to still wire and plumb them. New holes drilled in hull and pumps ,intakes installed.
Buying New Wetsound Tower speakers soon, Like Rev 8s. Not sure yet.
Other Big Big project is we put our lake house at Grand lake Ok on the market for sale by owner. Put sign up today before we left and already had a call on way home. Sounds promising! Want to get something on water front..... Doesn't everyone LOL.....

rdlangston13
03-24-2014, 02:00 AM
Got my perfect pass stargazer wake edition installed and also through in a new steering cable while i had it all apart.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m523/rdlangston13/PP_zpsddcff32f.jpg (http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/rdlangston13/media/PP_zpsddcff32f.jpg.html)

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m523/rdlangston13/SCPP_zpsa9b0edd6.jpg (http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/rdlangston13/media/SCPP_zpsa9b0edd6.jpg.html)