PDA

View Full Version : Wake the world

Sharpshooter
10-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Has anyone ever volunteered in the wake the world program, My local lake (smithlake) here in Alabama should have anther stop on the schedule for 2014, thinking about going

2013 Moomba LSV

deerfield
10-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Yes. Two years ago in the Chicago area. Had three kids and chaperon on my boat. Kids were great and so appreciative. Included picnic. If you have the chance, participate.

KG's Supra24
10-11-2013, 12:31 AM
I've seen some threads about it on the supra forum. That's all i got :o other than it looks like a great event. I would likely participate if it were near me.

Wakeworld has some threads if you want to reach out to someone there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rdlangston13
10-11-2013, 01:39 AM
We participates in WTW Houston this year, had three boys, a chaperon, and youth helper from the ministry that organized it on our boat. It was a blast and we will definitely sign up again for next year. The one change I think we may make is going from medium intensity kids to high intensity. Our boys were cool and all but anything over 10 mph on the tube and they would flip out haha. None of them even attempted to wake board

Sent from my iPhone

patrick232
10-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Sharpshooter, I have helped drive for the Wake the World WV event for the past 2 years and for 2013 I was the organizer for the Wake the World Ohio in Columbus. He's my take and why I do it. Have you heard the saying "we do this for the kids" but in the end I get more from it as do my boys that have helped. It's just something that you see in the kids giving them a day on the water with people that care about them, encourage them, and show them the can do it. Many kids never have heard they can.
The WV event had 6 boats in 2012 them 9 this year. For Ohio we had 5 boats with kids and 2 chase boats for pictures. I was worried could I put together an event, but with help from friends and support for other organizers we had a great event. The last thing I need to finish is the thank you gifts to the supporters and helpers, that's on my to do list.
For a ragtag group of inboard boat owners there have been many kinds helped thru these great events. I think one of the craziest videos MMandley shared on Wake The World Oregon was about 31 boats heading out with kids, I think they had the largest one day event this year.

I will be organizing the Ohio event again this year.

rdlangston13
10-11-2013, 09:10 AM
here are some pictures of our event in houston, the kids faces just right up and Patrick was right one about us probably enjoying seeing them happy then they are actually enjoying it

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m523/rdlangston13/DSC04153_zps5fd0648e.jpg (http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/rdlangston13/media/DSC04153_zps5fd0648e.jpg.html)

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m523/rdlangston13/DSC04169_zps976e575a.jpg (http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/rdlangston13/media/DSC04169_zps976e575a.jpg.html)

i don't have as many pictures as i thought. oh well

Sharpshooter
10-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Sharpshooter, I have helped drive for the Wake the World WV event for the past 2 years and for 2013 I was the organizer for the Wake the World Ohio in Columbus. He's my take and why I do it. Have you heard the saying "we do this for the kids" but in the end I get more from it as do my boys that have helped. It's just something that you see in the kids giving them a day on the water with people that care about them, encourage them, and show them the can do it. Many kids never have heard they can.
The WV event had 6 boats in 2012 them 9 this year. For Ohio we had 5 boats with kids and 2 chase boats for pictures. I was worried could I put together an event, but with help from friends and support for other organizers we had a great event. The last thing I need to finish is the thank you gifts to the supporters and helpers, that's on my to do list.
For a ragtag group of inboard boat owners there have been many kinds helped thru these great events. I think one of the craziest videos MMandley shared on Wake The World Oregon was about 31 boats heading out with kids, I think they had the largest one day event this year.

I will be organizing the Ohio event again this year.

We plan on volunteering next year if they have it again on smithlake, we would have done it this year but didnt know anything about it, I believe they had 16 boats this year

newty
10-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Looks like we may be doing 2 this next year in the NW.

moombadaze
10-11-2013, 03:25 PM
We plan on volunteering next year if they have it again on smithlake, we would have done it this year but didnt know anything about it, I believe they had 16 boats this year

would like to participate ourselves, but that is just to far a tow

Sharpshooter
10-11-2013, 03:46 PM
would like to participate ourselves, but that is just to far a tow

According to wake the worlds website they had an event in Florida,just not sure what part of Florida

moombadaze
10-12-2013, 08:39 PM
According to wake the worlds website they had an event in Florida,just not sure what part of Florida
may have to look into that, but where do I find that info out at ?

Sharpshooter
10-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Google wake the world and you can find all kinds of info

2013 Moomba LSV

irish-racing
10-14-2013, 10:25 AM
I sent them an email to volunteer next year for the Indiana event. Looks like it will be a lot of fun and a chance to help out some kids.

mmandley
10-23-2013, 09:07 AM
Ive done WTW twice, last 2 years running, and in 14 we are having 2 separate WTW events. I will be doing both of them as well.

its truly an honor and gift to participate in this event. First year we had a few families cancel last minute and we didnt get a family but still had a great time helping out.

This year we got a big family and even though all they really wanted to do was Tube, it was still awesome.

you have to remember most of them only know fishing, I/O runabouts boats if they know boats at all. To be on these tricked out Wake Boats with big stereos and everything makes them feel like royalty.

Sharpshooter
10-23-2013, 11:50 PM
I will definitely be participating in 2014 on my local lake

2013 Moomba LSV

Sharpshooter
05-13-2014, 04:29 PM
Wake the world could use a few more volunteers with boats at there smith lake event June 27th in Jasper Alabama so if you can make it or need some info please let me know

2013 Moomba LSV

KCMobius
05-13-2014, 05:03 PM
I did it last year in Kansas City (Smithville Lake) was great and the kids really do appreciate it and were well behaved. I plan to do it again this year, scheduled for July 14th.