PDA

View Full Version : Direct Drives are Gone.

Garn
10-09-2013, 01:17 PM
It appears that Moomba is done making a waterski boat. For 2014 it appears that the only Outback is the V. As a waterskier and owner of a Moomba direct drive, that is sad.

Garn

kaneboats
10-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Maybe your memory is going too????

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?23287-Outback-Gone&highlight=direct+drive

deerfield
10-09-2013, 11:03 PM
kane - You're killing me! Man, I could not stop laughing. All in good fun. - Deerfield

Maybe your memory is going too????

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?23287-Outback-Gone&highlight=direct+drive

zabooda
10-10-2013, 01:32 AM
Hey, DD = water skiing = old timers =Altheimers. I find the thread to be new and interesting. Now where did I put my teeth.

viking
10-15-2013, 04:01 PM
I saw this too but was laughing too hard to comment. A week later I'm good :)

drb59
10-15-2013, 04:56 PM
This was the best post ever.

EricU
10-15-2013, 06:07 PM
Hey, DD = water skiing = old timers =Altheimers. I find the thread to be new and interesting. Now where did I put my teeth.

My buddy came over the other day (we are both OLD) and was all depressed, I asked why he was all moping around and he said that he and his wife had just got back from the doctor's and she had (now get this!) either Alzheimer's or aids but now HE couldn't remember (Holy $#!T)

So I told him to send her to the store. He asked "Why?" and I told him, "If she comes back, don't screw her!"

No great loss either way, she doesn't wakeboard.

Garn
10-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Goodness, I guess it is! I do turn 54 in a month.

kaneboats
10-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on that sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas

Always loved this one but now it's starting to be about me. Also, I (hang on as sec-- have to pee). (Back now) Uh, can't remember what else. Where's my shoes? Ma? Ma?

barefooterh2o
11-19-2013, 06:55 PM
I have a 07 and a 08 Outback I bought new. We use them for barefoot skiing and show ski team. Was planning on replacing the 07 for a new Outback. I guess I have to go back to Malibu or MC. We really liked the Outbacks since the Malibu's and MC were $20,000 + more. Hard to use a V drive for barefooting and pulling pyrimads. Just wanted to say I really enjoyed the DD Outbacks. I even got 2 friends to buy new Outbacks.
Thanks for making the DD affordable.

deerfield
11-19-2013, 09:45 PM
I have a 07 and a 08 Outback I bought new. We use them for barefoot skiing and show ski team. Was planning on replacing the 07 for a new Outback. I guess I have to go back to Malibu or MC. We really liked the Outbacks since the Malibu's and MC were $20,000 + more. Hard to use a V drive for barefooting and pulling pyrimads. Just wanted to say I really enjoyed the DD Outbacks. I even got 2 friends to buy new Outbacks.

barefooter - Before going Malibu or MC, call the Skiers Choice factory. It has the molds and I bet will build you another Outback, if asked. Probably have to place the order through a dealer. - Deerfield

BensonWdby
11-20-2013, 02:05 AM
Pretty sure I will never own a V drive

sandm
11-20-2013, 08:43 AM
Pretty sure I will never own a V drive
great thing about living in america :)

my buddy will always be a skier. getting into wakeboarding and tried surfing, but his heart is on a single ski. he has a '94 boomerang and I don't think he'll sell it until he hangs up his ski and buys a tooner to just cruise and drink :)

AJones
11-20-2013, 09:35 PM
I don't think I'll ever sell my 96 Boomerang either. I would like more room but don't want to give up the wake.

jmvotto
11-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Anyone notice supra is down to Only three boats for 2014, SA, SC, and 242 . Moomba only has four now

Not sure the release tomorrow is just a surf system, but wow, the amount of sc boats has dramatically changed in 7 years.

sandm
11-21-2013, 08:50 AM
changed hopefully for the better and allow them to build fewer lines at a greater profit margin to keep them successful.

heard enough that they still have the molds for the dd boats and seems that everyone here would steer prospective buyers to skiers if they were nosing around here for a new build dd so kind of a win for skiers not having to keep "stale" inventory in dealers showrooms but rather build as ordered..

maybe skiers releases a 25th anniversary boomerang on the old outback dd hull as a limited edition and do one every few years, build 50 copies or so(market demand) to keep the line alive and at a pricepoint cc and mc can't touch :)
barebones, no tower or many options..

kaneboats
11-21-2013, 12:30 PM

Group buy? I wonder if you could get Moomba to do a group buy build of DD's every 3rd year or so.