PDA

View Full Version : ballast on swim plataform

rosh
02-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Hi

Has some one try putting a fat sac on the swim plataform, I saw a MC with a sac on the plataform and it seem to me like a good idea for saving seating space, but I wonder if my 1998 mobius can support a sac on the plataform and if it does, how heavy can it be.

Thanks

jburnside
02-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Rosh,
A few years ago there was a company selling hard tanks that mounted under the swim platform but I have never seen a fat sac on top of the platform. I would think that would be as big a pain in the but as if it were on the floor in the boat? Just my .02

qb12
02-17-2006, 06:19 PM
There is currently a thread over on wakeworld.com about this issue. I also saw a mc with a hard tank under the platform. Kind of looked stupid...

Buttafewcoe
02-18-2006, 12:22 PM
I don't know that I'd do it. The only thing i like to see on the swim platform is q. teez.
But not really talking from experience ('cept the q.t.'s). They may work great. But if you get a couple hunnerd lbs hanging on the platform then add a couple ppl suiting up, w/o reinforcing the mounts, could be trubble.
hope this heps
B

EUSTACE
02-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Rosh, I remember seeing that setup somewhere. I’m not so sure that it would work as the platform is mounted from the factory. If memory serves me correct there or 3 or 4 screws holding each platform bracket to the transom. To me this seems like problem waiting to happen.

Like Butta said, I think you could get away with it if the brackets where through bolted and plated on the inside of the transom.

Good Luck, E