PDA

View Full Version : wakesurfing with an Outback

pickle311
02-14-2006, 10:32 PM
I know it can be done and I want to get the things I need for it before summer. How much weight are you guys running to get a wake big enough to surf on? I was planning on replacing the stock ballast under the seat with a 550 or 600lb sac and putting 400lbs up front and then using the stock 250lb sac on the side of the motor. Will that be enough weight? I will be buying a CWB Ride board because I've heard that it's great for beginners and works well on a smaller wake because of the larger size. Anyone got any input?
Thanks

Jon
02-14-2006, 10:45 PM
It sounds like you have the right idea, more weight!!!! If I were you, I'd replace the rear bag with 550 or 600 like you said. I'd put the 400 lb bag on the side of the engine you want and then put the 250 in the walkway between the drivers seat and passengers seat.

I started surfing on the CWB Ride and its a great beginner board as you said. Big surface area lets you stay up easier on the smaller wakes.

stang67
02-14-2006, 10:55 PM
We have stock ballast full. With two 375# bags on the side the surfer is. Works well have pictures

http://community.webshots.com/album/546627866PxloGR

pickle311
02-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Ok, I've got another question. I'm trying to find ballast sacs that will fun underneath the seats in the bow. I would like to put 200 to 250lb sacs on each side. I've looked everywhere I can think of for something that would fit but I can't find them. Also, were's the best/cheapest place to order ballast?
I'm now thinking about getting a wakesurf from www.trickboardz.com. I'm thinking about the mojo. It looks like it would work well for what I want. They are also a local company and I'm all into supporting the locals when I can. Any suggestions?