PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question but where do the 2 vents in front of the windshield go?

996scott
09-24-2013, 12:12 PM
I know this will be a stupid question but there in a vent in front of the driver and passenger windshield that go into the boat but what purpose do they serve? Where do they go? They are the ones that have the black plexiglass over them.

mikenehrkorn
09-24-2013, 12:23 PM
I know this will be a stupid question but there in a vent in front of the driver and passenger windshield that go into the boat but what purpose do they serve? Where do they go? They are the ones that have the black plexiglass over them.

I'll give my dumb answer and then the experts can tell us both what they are for. :) I believe they just vent in fresh air.

jstenger
09-24-2013, 12:32 PM
They force fresh air under the floor which then goes to the rear of the boat into the engine compartment. This pushes the dangerous engine gases out the vents behind the sundeck.

kaneboats
09-24-2013, 12:56 PM
There are no dumb questions-- only dumb people.

trayson
09-24-2013, 01:00 PM
They force fresh air under the floor which then goes to the rear of the boat into the engine compartment. This pushes the dangerous engine gases out the vents behind the sundeck.

If they're anything like my boat, the vents are basically the fresh air source for your engine. I wouldn't say that they force out the gasses, as that's what your blower is for. But yes, they make sure that your engine compartment has fresh air for the engine to use...

jstenger
09-24-2013, 01:44 PM
If they're anything like my boat, the vents are basically the fresh air source for your engine. I wouldn't say that they force out the gasses, as that's what your blower is for. But yes, they make sure that your engine compartment has fresh air for the engine to use...

I agree. I forgot to add the fresh air sorce.

996scott
09-24-2013, 02:21 PM
There are no dumb questions-- only dumb people.

My kids remind me I am one of them all time, LOL.

Thanks for the response guys. I figured it was for fresh air but I couldn't figure out where exactly it was going to. So it eventually flows back to the engine compartment. Good to know.

jstenger
09-24-2013, 02:33 PM
If you look under the helm or behind the observer's seat, you can see black flexible tubing. The tubing connects the vents to fiberglass channels that are covered with carpet on each side of the boat. These channels run down to the humps in the floor. Underneath these humps are holes that go into the floor.

newty
09-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Mine is to keep my flux capacitor cool that powers my keg-orator.

jmvotto
09-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Mine is to keep my flux capacitor cool that powers my keg-orator.

Hey mine too!

kaneboats
09-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Yea, mine cools the hyperdrive. Of course there is no air in space so you feel nothing at light speed.

maxpower220
09-25-2013, 01:34 PM
"There's no air in space, but there's an air in space museum." HJS.