PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Bent Prop

05mobiusxlv
02-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Does anybody know of a good place to get a bent prop fixed? Getting it fixed locally is not an option. Its nibral, and there are no chips or anything. But almost every fin is bent from hitting a tree

I did notice that on one of the fins, on the top close to the shaft hole, is a hairline crack. Its so small you almost need a magnifying glass to see it. Its not even a 1/4 inch long. Does this matter, does anyone know?

BensonWdby
02-14-2006, 08:22 PM
I have had good luck with theses guys.

Propulsion Associates Inc
1719 Coulee Rd
Hudson, WI 54016 - 2162
(715) 386-2547

www.propfix.com

zabooda
02-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Many of us in the Northwest go to Precision Propeller in Spokane Washington. I've sent a few their direction but not with my current boat. I learned where all the shallow spots are before I got it.

http://www.precisionpropco.com/

qb12
02-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Call Oj props @ 1-800-359-9730. They will repair it and balance it correctly. Turnaround time is very good and price is very resonable.

And no Ed I don't know this from experience from hitting trees. Hit a rock instead so HA.

doug, t-town

05mobiusxlv
02-18-2006, 12:09 AM
Yes, I hit a TREE. SOBER, believe it or not. It was floating down the river. It was about 70 degrees outside, and not 1 of the 9 people on the boat would go sit up front, because they didn't want to be cold. I had all the bags full, and the wakeplate up. With all that weight in the back, it was almost impossible to see anything in front of me, and I was trying to watch the person wakeboarding. No one seen it coming. When I hit it, i didn't know what happened, it was LOUD, I thought my engine exploded. :p

I e-mailed Propulsion Associates with some pictures a couple days ago, but they have not responded yet. I didn't know that OJ fixed props. I think I will send it to them. They made the prop, so that gives me piece of mind that they would have the best knowledge to fix it correctly. Thanks for the help!!!

BensonWdby
02-20-2006, 08:34 PM
I think you are going to want to have more than your prop looked at. Hitting a tree that hard would very likely effect your shaft alignment - I would think.....
Definitely worth having it looked at.

05mobiusxlv
02-22-2006, 12:39 AM
I hit that tree last July. And I bought a brand new prop, and was out on the water the next morning. I didn't want to sit and wait for my prop to get fixed. Now i want to send it in, so I have a spare incase something happens again.

The tree didnt mess with the shaft alignment. Everything is still as smooth as the day I bought it. I had a couple guys tell me that if I would have had a stainless steel prop, I would have done a lot of internal damage, the tree really mangled the nibral prop.

05mobiusxlv
03-06-2006, 12:49 AM
I sent my prop to OJ. They called me immediately and told me that it was not reparable. They were great to work with, and let me "trade in" my old prop for a new one. They gave me a $125 price break. Thank-you so much qb12, you saved me a lot of money.

qb12
03-06-2006, 09:11 AM
05mobiusxlv,

glad they were able to help you.

good luck with the upcomming season

doug