PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on a possible new to me boat..

Flee27
09-12-2013, 03:22 PM
This is the ad

2004 Moomba Mobius LSV. Boat was purchased from Atlanta Marine brand new(I have the original bill of sale and paperwork). I am the second owner.Boat has always been kept in a covered boat house and never in the water overnight. Engine was completely rebuilt at 508 hrs. due to a rod.(Justice marine at lake Oconee GA.)Has just over 600 hrs.now. We no longer use it due to both kids going to college.I upgraded rear ballasts April 2012 to 450 lbs.each side with Jabsco pumps on each side(awesome wake)Boat is in excellent condition in and out.No cracks ,splits ,tears on interior,except for a couple of small places on the bottom corners.Engine is EFI.Factory installed perfect pass and digital depth guage.Hydraulic wakeplate.Nice stereo with sub,ipod hook up and driver controls.Boat runs perfect.Dual batteries.Factory Moomba cover

I am new to this type of boat. Going to look at in the morning and would like your thoughts on specifics to look for and what would be a good/fair price. The engine broke a rod at about 500 hours according to the owner (2nd owner). He said he was on the lake, heard a noise and shut the engine down. Mechanic said it was just one of those random things and the engine was otherwise in great shape. Repaired the damage (not sleeved).

Thanks for the help

Foster

Lawdog
09-12-2013, 08:52 PM
How much are they asking?

smokedog2
09-12-2013, 09:12 PM
I have an 05, love it. Get your own mechanic to look at it, maybe dealer.

Ask for mx records, winterized, oil etc.

Options I like include Bimini, pp, wake plate, heater, check the heater and bags. Swing tongue is handy.

Flee27
09-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the input. Asking 21500

Wax
09-12-2013, 10:02 PM
That's a killer deal if everything checks out! Absolutely go for it, if you can get it for less even better. I'd offer maybe 19.5k or 20k.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4

jmvotto
09-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Is this the one?

says it needs rear deck skins as well, not sure what they may run.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=39899

Flee27
09-12-2013, 10:21 PM
That's not it but funny enough it's the exact same color combo.

Thanks
Foster

wolfeman131
09-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Foster, are you from GA and familiar with Lake Oconee?

jmvotto
09-12-2013, 10:47 PM
That's not it but funny enough it's the exact same color combo.

Thanks
Foster

And price, forgot it said Atlanta marine, similar engine issues rebuild after 400 plus hrs.

Loved our obv which is the same boat at this year and model

smokedog2
09-13-2013, 10:39 PM
Got my back skin done for $300 but that was a real deal. 21k is a very good price.

Flee27
09-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Thanks to everyone and this forum for the help and advise. . I did go and look at the boat this morning and purchased it. Got the boat, 2 nice wake boards, surf board and some nice life jackets/ropes and other goodies for 21,500. He wasn't very negotiable on the price but did get the goodies with it. Couldn't argue to hard though, the boat is in very good shape and everything works well including the upgraded ballast system including seperate rate pumps for each of the 3 bags. Looking forward to playing a little tomorrow.

Wolfeman131. Yes I live in Monroe and recently purchased a lake house on Lake Jackson. I am also familiar with Oconee.

Foster

wolfeman131
09-13-2013, 11:47 PM
There ya go! congrats on the purchase.

brain_rinse
09-14-2013, 08:21 AM
Congrats on the nice boat and welcome to the forum! Let's see some pics. You'll want to have good "before" shots once you get you boat all upgraded... :)

Wax
09-14-2013, 09:07 AM
Awesome, even the asking price you paid was already a great deal so you did very well. Congrats!

Sent from my fourth replacement Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 4...

KG's Supra24
09-14-2013, 09:59 AM
Congrats!!

smokedog2
09-14-2013, 10:02 AM
Well nuts. If I had known you had a lake house I would have told you to pass. I have so many boats at my house my boat often doesn't hit the water. Plan for serious storage. I have a 40x50 ish metal building, full.

I turned the garage into a bunk room with 3 bunk beds with window air. The kids love it.

With guests, outsource food planning, or byof.

Scheduling guests is a total pain. Probably is not an answer. Establish the rule early, first arrive, fist pick on the bedrooms, eliminating the who you like best conundrum. Everyone else gets to camp or hit the resort/hotel. I make a few exceptions for wives. Guys without them camp.

Every spring I have an opening weekend, inviting all from last year to help get ready. I usually have a major improvement then as well.

We took all the carpet out and put in valure ? laminate from Home Depot - love it.

We allow no electronics before dark. Remember tether ball, corn hole, horse shoes, badminton, flashlight tag? It's on.

I have a set-up tear down checklist. I put a main water shutoff in the laundry room, you will sleep better.

Alarm.com will also help you sleep. Love it as well.

Kids clean up after dinner, you will have to monitor the wives but they eventually get it.

I have the Boy Scouts every year. They camp and I bring in a porta potty, the house is invisible.

If you live there, never mind. Mine is really just a double wide, still, you will have a grand time of it.

Really, both are great family investments. Really check the board bindings and upgrade as needed. The best kneeboarding is airrageous if you can find one. They fly.

Enjoy,

SD2