PDA

View Full Version : daily driver love from Phil

sandm
09-11-2013, 05:15 PM
got a new headunit for the ranger for my bday and the ok to put a small system in to replace the factory setup.

Fedex showed up today.....

thanks Phil for making great products at solid prices. I will be doing the install this weekend :)
def. nothing compared to the setup in the boat, but will be nice to listen to cd's/usb again. ranger has factory am/fm/cassette :(

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/sandm01/SDC12012_zps2b1c109a.jpg

jpetty3023
09-11-2013, 05:22 PM
6 10-inch subs in the bed of truck next!

sent from Apple's competitor via tapatalk 4

sandm
09-11-2013, 06:03 PM
been there, done that.

too many birthdays change priorities :)

New Guy
09-12-2013, 09:46 AM
Nice! I've always had really good luck with the Kicker gear but why not the 700.5 amp or a similar 5 channel?

sandm
09-12-2013, 09:55 AM
amp is stable to 2ohms so bridging front/back on ch1/2 and 3/4 will run the sub. small truck so really don't care about front/back fade and this amp fit the bill pricewise and snugly under the seat.
not a huge system but better than stock.
not interested in being "that guy" at the stoplight. save that for the river/longtail :)

viking
09-12-2013, 11:26 AM
got a new headunit for the ranger for my bday and the ok to put a small system in to replace the factory setup.

You're not married...........so why do you need the "ok"??
You get to do what you want when you want don't you?

New Guy
09-12-2013, 11:41 AM
You're not married...........so why do you need the "ok"??
You get to do what you want when you want don't you?

LMAO

Have you been up the river at all lately?

sandm
09-12-2013, 04:18 PM
@vik- ya, you're half right.. there's a ceo, although someone did tell me once it's easier to ask forgivness than permission :)

@mark, every weekend so far but last sat. surfing in the am, watching the others board, then out to longtail for cocktails. same situation here as home. lots of nice lakes around here, but it's awfully tough to justify $100 in gas to get to one and the drive time when you have water 5 minutes from the front door and only takes a halfgallon of fuel. I do want to spend a day on green lake someday. it looks real nice. perhaps a day trip with a gaggle of boats?

New Guy
09-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Yeah we should do that. I really want to go up to high falls in crivitz sometime too but my weekends are running out fast. Glad to hear that you are getting on the water though probably way more them I am currently damn wedding planning lol.

Sorry for the thread jack