PDA

View Full Version : Worlds in Vegas??

Riding23
09-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Just seeing who is all planning to come out to Vegas for Worlds?? If you are planning to come out and want a day out on the lake let me know, would love to meet up and spend some time on the water!!!

Wax
09-09-2013, 10:46 AM
When is it? My parents live in St. George and I have a lot of family in Vegas, was just out there for a few weeks about a month ago but wouldn't mind "visiting" again!

Riding23
09-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Starts Sept 27-29th I believe, out at Lake Las Vegas.

Wax
09-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Crap, I'll be in Texas all that week for work...doubt the wife will let me be gone that long!

sandm
09-09-2013, 01:31 PM
my mom is moving back to henderson that weekend. wish I was helping ;(

I'll keep ya in mind if we make the trek there in the spring/summer. love to see mead and meet another moomba member.
I believe wolfe will be there. def. find some time to meet him. great guy.

trayson
09-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Just seeing who is all planning to come out to Vegas for Worlds?? If you are planning to come out and want a day out on the lake let me know, would love to meet up and spend some time on the water!!!

Damn, the wife and I are hitting up Vegas for a 3 day weekend, but we'll be there the weekend before the event. Bummer. Obviously we're flying in, so won't have my boat with me.

Riding23
09-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Unfortunately Wolfe is making it out this year, talked to him this morning!

wolfeman131
09-09-2013, 03:31 PM
No World's for us this season. :(

flights & hotel were just too expensive.

jmvotto
09-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Bummer!!!!!!!

sandm
09-10-2013, 08:17 AM
that's a bummer drew. lake lasvegas will make an interesting venue. it's MUCH more intimate than minnesota and a great shoreline to watch from. I still can't believe they got on that lake as it's non-motorized and private.

cheaper to fly to phoenix or la and drive? only 4-5hrs from each.

I'm sure Ridin could recommend a few hotels off-strip that would offer daily or hourly rates :)

New Guy
09-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Scott you know that they have a direct flight out of Appleton right?

Riding23
09-10-2013, 10:42 AM
that's a bummer drew. lake lasvegas will make an interesting venue. it's MUCH more intimate than minnesota and a great shoreline to watch from. I still can't believe they got on that lake as it's non-motorized and private.

cheaper to fly to phoenix or la and drive? only 4-5hrs from each.

I'm sure Ridin could recommend a few hotels off-strip that would offer daily or hourly rates :)

HAHA I would know nothing about the hourly rates.... BUT there are some nice, cheap local hotels. Drew idk if you guys have spirit airlines out there but they fly into Vegas and are usually dirt cheap...

Ya Lake Las Vegas is a PERFECT spot, i have dreams nightly of being able to get out on that lake lol...

mmandley
09-10-2013, 12:11 PM
We where going to stop by on the way back from Powell but since you cant have the boat on the lake i dont see the point. No way am i going to sit on the shore and have a boat on my truck in the parking lot.

sandm
09-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Scott you know that they have a direct flight out of Appleton right?

ya. issue is my mom is moving back to henderson that weekend. if I flew down, I'd be obligated to spend the time helping my bro in law and his bud unpack a uhaul and set up a house. there would be no water time.

I'll stay here and save the vacation this year for the caribbean in January :)

and Mike, if you saw that lake, you'd see that 2 wakeboats would be an overpopulation on that lake. could always show up and park in the lot as moomba advertising ;) be nice to see a good portion of the crew from the polar bear and I bet Jeff will be there peddling boards.

Riding23
09-10-2013, 03:16 PM
We where going to stop by on the way back from Powell but since you cant have the boat on the lake i dont see the point. No way am i going to sit on the shore and have a boat on my truck in the parking lot.

You could always put it on Lake mead, which is directly across the street??? Let me know if you are going to come by, would be nice to meet some other members!!

wolfeman131
09-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Drew idk if you guys have spirit airlines out there but they fly into Vegas and are usually dirt cheap...

Yes, we do have Spirit out of Atlanta & thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, there flights times stink and when you have 5 in your crew, you're dropping a few grand in a hurry. Just not in the cards for us this year.

mmandley
09-18-2013, 01:05 PM
You could always put it on Lake mead, which is directly across the street??? Let me know if you are going to come by, would be nice to meet some other members!!

Plans always changing and now there wont be time to hit any extra places.
After the wedding Friday, Saturday we head up to Powell, 89 had a landslide and took out the bridge + 1/4 mile of the highway, so the detour adds an hour to the trip.
We come back to Phoenix Thursday afternoon
Friday we are headed to Tucson to visit with my mom and show her pics, <she had a bad accident last month and cant make the wedding or the house boat >
Saturday we pack the truck and boat for the trip home.
Drive back to UT on Sunday to see Grams for a day, she can't make the wedding due to age and travel <Monday>
Tuesday make the drive to OR
Wednesday unpack gear, put the boat away.
Thursday back to work for 2 days, have to catch up, then off another 5 and hopping for some Hagg Lake Time lol