PDA

View Full Version : Where is the water comimg from?

KEH
09-08-2013, 12:10 PM
2009 LSV w/Gravity 3 Ballast System
Switched to 1100's this season.
After surfing with the port side full and draining the bag, there is a significant amount of water under the bag (mostly in the back right corner)

Filled the bag with air to confirm any holes/leaks - none
Swapped the bag to the starboard side, filled, surfed, drained - no leak/water under the bag
Checked the fill/drain fittings - all seem tight
Replaced the O ring on the fill/drain port on the port side - still leaks
Checked the fitting while filling (until it get too heavy) - no leaks while filling

Never had this problem with the 750's
With the 1100 full and surfing, the bilge drain hole and ballast overfill hole on the port side are under water while surfing but shouldn't result in water getting back into the boat?

Where the frig is this water coming from?

Thanks in advance

bergermaister
09-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Thru hulls for the vent/drain tight?

mmandley
09-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Generally our V drives are wet from people coming in the boat from the swim deck. Also if you stop to fast when a rider falls you will have your surf wave hit the rear of the boat causing water to enter the V driver area.

Lastly when people sit on the seats, and if you take a roller over the front it will drain to the rear of the boat and cause the V drives to be wet.

I really wouldn't worry about it unless the bilge is running a lot.

tgoody14
09-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Yea I have the same exact problem. It's wet in the corner under the bag and looks like its just excess from under the engine that rolls that way due to the back corner being the deepest part in the boat with the 1100 filled up. I notice when I turn my bilge on while surfing, nothing spits out til I left off the gas and the water rolls back forward to the center where the pump is located.
Also, I keep protectant on all my seats so when people are getting in and out of the water their bathing suits drip off on the seats and it rolls straight to the back corner.
When we get back to the boat stall I just lift the bag out over the back onto the platform and point a fan across the carpet and it's usually dry by the next day!

DOCDRS
09-12-2013, 12:30 PM
I had this problem as well from water in the bilge. But it was because the drip less was leaking. Replaced the seal and all was good