PDA

View Full Version : Cover repair

kaddy
09-07-2013, 01:19 PM
So my cover ripped pretty badly across the back - wondering if trying to repair is worth it, or just looking for a new one, and where to start? Drive a 2007 XLV - all black.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Vancouver, WA

parrothd
09-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Upholstery shop..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

zabooda
09-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Is it a rip that was caused by something or just appeared? If it just appeared then your cover is shot and you best be looking for a new one. Being a bad rip I would replace it either way. Do you store your boat inside? A quality cover is well worth the expense and there can be some lead time in getting one.

bergermaister
09-07-2013, 11:47 PM
Kaddy - what part of town are you in? Wondering if I might have saw you up on Yale a month or so ago...

I had a repair or two done on my old cover. Not bad - stretched another couple seasons out of it before it completely gave up. I'm sure I could dig up that shop's info.

Or if you are looking at new I can refer you to the guy who did mine, does top notch work - and cash talks. You can see my cover in person before going to him if you want. Just had it done earlier this spring. Let me know.

kaddy
09-09-2013, 01:02 PM
It ripped while on the highway a couple weeks ago - the wind was vicious. Right rear buckle ripped and tore across half of the back cover. I store my boat under a roof, but the structure is open on both ends.

kaddy
09-09-2013, 01:04 PM
That was probably me - Yale is where we go. We live in Felida, south of Salmon Creek. I store at Padden Parkplace, over by Costco. The cover still works when the boat is stored, but I can't take it on the road anymore with the cover on.

bergermaister
09-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Cool. I had a similar rip clear across the back of my old one. IIRC it was under a hundy total and this guy fixed it up and reinforced it nicely.

Dave's Upholstery
11502 NE 154TH ST
Brush Prairie, WA 98606
(360) 906-8459

kaddy
09-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks - could you also give me the contact info for the new cover? Wouldn't mind checking both out.

newty
09-09-2013, 01:32 PM
That was probably me - Yale is where we go. We live in Felida, south of Salmon Creek. I store at Padden Parkplace, over by Costco. The cover still works when the boat is stored, but I can't take it on the road anymore with the cover on.

Hey we're neighbors! I live right next to Felida Elementary.
Bergs guy does outstanding work. The cover looks great and is well built.
I can take a look at it for you and may be able to get you through the winter with a temporary fix if need be, I've done a few cover repairs. PM me if interested.

kaddy
10-20-2013, 08:30 PM
By the way - thanks again for the cover work. It was just what I needed for the winter. For anyone else that is looking for cover work, among other things, newty does a really good job and knows his stuff.

jmvotto
10-20-2013, 09:19 PM
By the way - thanks again for the cover work. It was just what I needed for the winter. For anyone else that is looking for cover work, among other things, newty does a really good job and knows his stuff.

Newty, can you come to NY I need my canopy on my hoist stitched up...

newty
10-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Love too! I only fly first class though, lol.

Glad your happy Kaddy.