PDA

View Full Version : Can I add a wakeplate to my '03 Outback?

WakeLover17
02-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Anyone know?

Jon
02-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Yes, you can add a wakeplate to your boat. If you are looking to do it for wakeboarding, in my experience it really doesn't help it that much. I haven't considered it for skiing though.

stang67
02-12-2006, 11:15 PM
my experince for wakeboarding is great. Does not change the wake size, rather the shape. You can have it up for a more rampy wake with less transition or mellow it out. It is also good for reducing porposing when traveling. IMO i love it.

Jon
02-12-2006, 11:30 PM
I feel like I should clarify. The wakeplate DOES help shape the wake on the bigger boats like the LS, LSV, and XLV. Actually I wouldn't buy one of those boats without one. I've driven a ton of Outbacks, mostly without the wakeplate and I just couln't justify adding a wakeplate to the Outback. It just doesn't help the wakeboard wake out that much. Keep in mind that when the wakeplate is all the way up, its like its not even there. Now for slalom skiing, I'm not sure. I didn't really look at what the wakeplate did.

stang67
02-13-2006, 12:26 AM
I guess it is personally preference because we have the Outback LS which is only 2 inches bigger than the Outback in 2003. When heavily weighted I ride at a different wakeplate position than that of another boarder. So if there if anyone near you, dealer or a member on here, see if you can test ride a boat with one. It is an expensive option to have but may be fit for you.

WakeLover17
02-13-2006, 01:50 AM
Thanks I appreciate the info. I probably will just weight it down and be happy with that.