PDA

View Full Version : Projected Last Day on the Water

kaneboats
09-06-2013, 02:48 PM
With all the talk of winterizing and winter storage (BTW, it's 91 deg. F here right now), I thought it would be cool to ask everybody to try to project your last day on the water in 2013. Remind us of where you are located.

Mine: Tallahassee, FL, November 9. Usually too cool after that to get up a crew.

mikenehrkorn
09-06-2013, 02:52 PM
With all the talk of winterizing and winter storage (BTW, it's 91 deg. F here right now), I thought it would be cool to ask everybody to try to project your last day on the water in 2013. Remind us of where you are located.

Mine: Tallahassee, FL, November 9. Usually too cool after that to get up a crew.

Sadly, here in IL, I think we may have already reached had our last day last weekend............not because the weather isn't still good, just too far from the cottage in MI to go for just the day with school and other activities going on. I keep telling my wife we need to get our priorities straight!!

bergermaister
09-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Sept 22 - Vancouver, WA
(busy the following weekend and October is getting into Winterize Mode)

Dependent upon: Weather, My busted up elbow, Willing Victims, Commitments Wife has made without my knowing...

63 degrees and raining here but supposed to be in 80's next week.

kaneboats
09-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Commitments Wife has made without my knowing...

That may be the #1 obstacle to regular boating. I try to do buddy days or kid days when that happens unless I'm the one committed. :o One time I found out I was pouring at a wine tasting. I said, "It better be after six."

drb59
09-06-2013, 03:02 PM
This Sunday I am taking my boat out of the water. Too much going on and I want to try winterizing it myself with the great instructions here on the forum site.

tater
09-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Buy a damn wet suit,we will go as long as we can till the cold becomes to much that it takes the fun out of it,but we always try to have it winterized and stored before Thanksgiving.

MJR63
09-06-2013, 04:01 PM
I'm hoping through the end of September here in CT.... Still have mods to test out before the end of the season!

bergermaister
09-06-2013, 04:02 PM
It's not so much the cold, it's the rain.

When you gotta wear the wet suit when you're INSIDE the boat too...

wolfeman131
09-06-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm hoping to make this an annual event.

TURKEY SURF!

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/uploadfromtaptalk1353628487281.jpg (http://s530.photobucket.com/user/wolfeman131/media/uploadfromtaptalk1353628487281.jpg.html)

irish-racing
09-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Well considering I just bought my new boat I am going until the wife says "absolutely not it's to cold" so my guess is first part of october?

jester
09-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Depends on when my boat sales. oo I guess it would help if I put it up for sell first. I should be doing that next weekend. Now with that said I try to say out to mid Nov depending on when it gets to the mid 30's at night and when ski season really starts. Keeping the boat out and doing ski patrol takes more time then I have so boating stops when I start patrolling.

tarheelskier
09-06-2013, 04:08 PM

TURKEY SURF!

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/uploadfromtaptalk1353628487281.jpg (http://s530.photobucket.com/user/wolfeman131/media/uploadfromtaptalk1353628487281.jpg.html)

The Turkey looks good on a board, but what's that you're holding?

chawk610
09-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Prolly till mid October. Still 100 here but lakes are dangerously low (might already be done and just not know it yet).

jmvotto
09-06-2013, 04:52 PM
pull the boat prolly second week october

86century
09-06-2013, 05:21 PM
Buy a damn wet suit,we will go as long as we can till the cold becomes to much that it takes the fun out of it,but we always try to have it winterized and stored before Thanksgiving.

where do you ride at all my wimpy friends think its all over after labor day.

Sharpshooter
09-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Probably late October or early November, this Alabama weather can fool ya, I've seen it in the high 60s low 70s in December

2013 Moomba LSV

EricU
09-06-2013, 07:21 PM
...I thought it would be cool to ask everybody to try to project your last day on the water in 2013. Remind us of where you are located...

Northern California, and we usually go until sometime in October, but this year all our lakes are really low, due to the lack of rain last season.

Access will be an issue.

rdlangston13
09-06-2013, 07:24 PM
I am shooting for November 16 or 17 as my last weekend. We usually ride all the way to weekend after thanksgiving but the 18th I am leaving for New Zealand for 4 weeks and when I get back it will be done, time to winterize the boat before Christmas

Katy, TX

Sent from my iPhone

04OUTBACK
09-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Last year Good Friday was last day! Hoping so again!

maxpower220
09-06-2013, 08:41 PM
What is this "winter" you speak of?

zabooda
09-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Probably September 15th. I usually take my 32" (68watt) flat screen to the beach to watch football and with air temps staying warm I may be out the next two weekends. Just take a tv, inverter, long power cord, rabbit ears and a tarp backdrop so you have to stare into the sun all day. Great for tans but burns the retinas. Best water temps of the year and not many people around. Later in the month I'm gone but by October 1st the highs are only in the low 70s and is historically where I end it.

E4NASH
09-06-2013, 09:09 PM

TURKEY SURF!

Hoping around this time myself...Atlanta, GA

Henri3
09-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Sadly I think we have already had our last day :( School and sports leaves no time

jpetty3023
09-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Just getting off lake, high today was 101 and 94 when we came off at sunset. Bad news is lake is around 15 ft low so swimming to the boat after the launch might get tricky in a month or so
Belton TX

sent from Apple's competitor via tapatalk 4

jpetty3023
09-06-2013, 11:27 PM
Great September night

Woody929
09-07-2013, 01:00 AM
Prolly till mid October. Still 100 here but lakes are dangerously low (might already be done and just not know it yet).

Wondering the same. Any future trips for us will be to Eagle Mtn.

rdlangston13
09-07-2013, 01:19 AM
Last year Good Friday was last day! Hoping so again!

I thought that was called black friday and the one before Easter was good friday?

jmb
09-07-2013, 07:22 AM
December 31st

rca
09-07-2013, 07:56 AM
What is this "winter" you speak of?

What he said. Winter, we don't get no stinking winter!

Wax
09-07-2013, 08:31 AM
How does the speedo work on my boat? My old boat had the old system with the venturi tubes, and if I didn't winterize by the first frost the water in the tiny tubes would freeze and crack the tubes, therefore no speedos in the spring (and sometimes no gauges at all). So usually I would try to be winterized by early October, but I'd ride until there was ice on the water if it was up to me.

mmandley
09-07-2013, 09:05 AM
How does the speedo work on my boat? My old boat had the old system with the venturi tubes, and if I didn't winterize by the first frost the water in the tiny tubes would freeze and crack the tubes, therefore no speedos in the spring (and sometimes no gauges at all). So usually I would try to be winterized by early October, but I'd ride until there was ice on the water if it was up to me.

Look under the boat, Port side, black wheel with nubs, thats the speedo sensor.

Last year we made it out till first week of Oct, then delivered the Fierah <LSV> to the new owner.

This year with our AZ trip on the 13th through the Oct 3 i am getting a nice kick to the end of my summer. I still hope to get out at least once in October, sometimes 2x so i can winterize. All depends of the rain and cold air show up.

This week has been weird because we are getting a lot of rain, 60s - 70s temps. Today should be 80 and im sure muggy LOL

Wax
09-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Well if it's a black wheel, then that already answers my question lol. Does perfect pass run off the same pickup? I don't have gps.

Sent from my piece of crap Galaxy SII that Sprint won't replace...

Cigars n scotch
09-07-2013, 10:26 AM
I can't answer this yet because I just moved to the south and I am betting we can get in some days into late October or November. But we also want to spend quite a bit of fall time camping, and then there's Saturday college football and Sunday NFL! Need to think about all this.

We just signed a contract on a house and the garage is 25 ft deep so I'll be storing the boat in there thankfully and no more damn shrink wrapping it every winter. I'll make another thread about it once inspections go ok and post pics. We're super excited!

jpetty3023
09-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Sounds like thing are settling in week for you CnS. Before long you'll be wearing a10 gallon cowboy hat and have some levi garrett in the cheek

detipton
09-07-2013, 05:19 PM
For me it will be November sometime here in AZ. I could push further if i had a full suit.

blackout_58
09-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Memphis weather can be tricky, if I'm optimistic I would say November at the absolute latest, with bow season starting in 3 weeks here it may be early October. With the weather being in the low 90's today, I have a good feeling summer may be here for a while :)

Cigars n scotch
09-07-2013, 11:47 PM
Sounds like thing are settling in week for you CnS. Before long you'll be wearing a10 gallon cowboy hat and have some levi garrett in the cheek

Haha well I usually have skoal in the lip so I fit in well down here in the Carolina's! Actually I've met more damn people from the northeast here than actual true Carolinians. I tried to get away from the northeast but everyone has and is moving down here! Waitress tonight was from Philly and a penn state grad, she saw my Notre Dame shirt and asked me where we were from.

Things are great down here, we love it!

Boonejeepin
09-08-2013, 12:01 AM
No place in my calendar for an "off season" this year. I plan to be a year round guy now.

saskyrider
09-08-2013, 01:05 AM
Well considering I sold my boat last night id say im done for the year... sold it to a great guy and I hope he ends up on here.. I told him about sll the great info. To be found so we will see... now the hunt for a new one begins

rdlangston13
09-08-2013, 05:33 AM
Haha well I usually have skoal in the lip so I fit in well down here in the Carolina's! Actually I've met more damn people from the northeast here than actual true Carolinians. I tried to get away from the northeast but everyone has and is moving down here! Waitress tonight was from Philly and a penn state grad, she saw my Notre Dame shirt and asked me where we were from.

Things are great down here, we love it!

Glad things are nice in the carolinas, it sucks down here in Texas. All the lakes dry up towards the end of every summer and reveal scores of dead bodies, everyone is jerk and no one can drive. It's way to hot and the air smells like either cow poop or sulfur from the oil fields that constantly pollute. The roads are falling apart, pot holes everywhere and you have to know spanish if you want to go out to eat. Texas sucks, no move here, ever.

04OUTBACK
09-08-2013, 08:35 AM
I thought that was called black friday and the one before Easter was good friday?

Oops. Mistyped that one. Yes. Black fri was last day and was back well before good fri !

Cigars n scotch
09-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Glad things are nice in the carolinas, it sucks down here in Texas. All the lakes dry up towards the end of every summer and reveal scores of dead bodies, everyone is jerk and no one can drive. It's way to hot and the air smells like either cow poop or sulfur from the oil fields that constantly pollute. The roads are falling apart, pot holes everywhere and you have to know spanish if you want to go out to eat. Texas sucks, no move here, ever.

Hmm do I sense a bit of sarcasm?

bergermaister
09-08-2013, 12:11 PM
No place in my calendar for an "off season" this year. I plan to be a year round guy now.

Real nice Russ, real nice... Remind me to punch you next time I see you.

Mikey
09-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Hopeing to hit a week maybe two in October, which will be in wetsuits and or possibly Dry suits. This season has been a really tuff boating year. Weather, commitments and Now an Algae Bloom that is affecting numerous lakes all over Alberta has many lakes closed to swimming and boating.
Still holding out hope to get a couple more weekends out but it has been hard. Still hate to think about winterizing,after just getting back from Florida a couple weeks ago (learning to ski properly). I want to get a little more practice in before all is forgotten.

rdlangston13
09-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Hopeing to hit a week maybe two in October, which will be in wetsuits and or possibly Dry suits. This season has been a really tuff boating year. Weather, commitments and Now an Algae Bloom that is affecting numerous lakes all over Alberta has many lakes closed to swimming and boating.
Still holding out hope to get a couple more weekends out but it has been hard. Still hate to think about winterizing,after just getting back from Florida a couple weeks ago (learning to ski properly). I want to get a little more practice in before all is forgotten.

I thought all the lake in Alberta were filled with toxic goo from the tar sands mining???

Sent from my iPhone

yearround
09-08-2013, 10:59 PM
In Denver, CO. our last day is thanksgiving regardless of the weather. Unless we get a nice day before 12/1, when they close the local lakes to all watercraft. The water is usually in the low 40, but there has been ice on he to break for the ride.

Wax
09-09-2013, 10:44 AM
LOL ice to break, reminds me that a local marina does a Christmas ski run every year and they have broken the ice before to do it.

You guys that stay riding late, do you do anything to your boats to keep stuff from freezing overnight? My old boat I couldn't let the water sit in the tubes for the venturi type speedo pickups because water would freeze and break the tubes inside the sending unit. I think the newer boats run off a different system, so maybe that's not an issue anymore (with the paddlewheel style). I'd think I could put antifreeze in the system each time I use it before putting it away, but then won't I be dumping antifreeze into the lake when I run? Curious on what others do when riding late in the season with freezing temps overnight.

jsly04XLV
09-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Congrats on the house cns. Maybe we can meet up here soon. Where'd you find the house at? Oh..as far as last day...Halloween costume ride is a must so not before that for sure. Most likely well into November.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

trayson
09-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Sept 22 - Vancouver, WA
(busy the following weekend and October is getting into Winterize Mode)

Dependent upon: Weather, My busted up elbow, Willing Victims, Commitments Wife has made without my knowing...

63 degrees and raining here but supposed to be in 80's next week.

I might be a willing victim. I live in Vancouver as well (Salmon Creek) and get off work at 4pm typically. Have a buddy that's a polar bear with more passion than money, so if he can surf he'll pretty much brave any water/air temps.

Depends on when my boat sales. oo I guess it would help if I put it up for sell first. I should be doing that next weekend. Now with that said I try to say out to mid Nov depending on when it gets to the mid 30's at night and when ski season really starts. Keeping the boat out and doing ski patrol takes more time then I have so boating stops when I start patrolling.

I hear ya. Once ski/snowboard season starts for us, we'll just hit up the mountain every weekend until the season's over. Of course, I still have to do the Board/Board day where I snowboard and wakeboard in the same day. ALMOST did it last year in April but the water was 53 degrees and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm a wimp!

Plus, I'm not a fan of drying off all the dew off my boat in the morning. UGH. What a pain. Yeah, I don't have covered storage for my boat. :-(

Sadly I think we have already had our last day :( School and sports leaves no time

I've noticed that a LOT of people have that mindset. There were a crap-ton of people out on the river on Sunday and I think it was everyone trying to get "one last weekend" before other sports took over.

Where did you move to again? Certainly somewhere warmer than the Pacific NorthWET!

I'm honestly not sure when I'll throw in the towel. It will certainly be when ski season starts, though I might make myself available to ride on other boats of people more passionate than me. I do have a farmer john with a jacket, but even then, I'm a cold water wimp... It's hard for me to do water temps below 55.

Some of it also might depend on what kind of solution I come up with for winter "storage".

jmvotto
09-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Heck mine may have been the 1st week of august, damn house move gets in the way....:-?

zabooda
09-09-2013, 03:04 PM
I lied. I thought I had a couple of weekends left but with my knee rehab I decided to winterize the boat. Ten hours this year...sigh.

Mikey
09-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Yah sure they are. Who told you such nonsence a Greenpeace tree hugger...haha. You of all peeps should know better and should also be trying to help push the new pipeline down your way.

Oh wait theres a puddle or two in the way that everyones all worked up about. Come on ,not likely to happen , just mostly politicians and tree huggers trying to show off.
Yes the Tarsands create waste etc , yet there is so much said and done to solve this that most of this is non issues. I have never been there directly ,but have seen many pics of befores and afters etc and usually the afters are far nicer and sometimes more eco friendly with all the technology available

Mikey
09-09-2013, 08:32 PM
This was in reply to Davids post .
I thought it was going to reply to his quote even in all fun.

86century
09-09-2013, 08:54 PM
I lied. I thought I had a couple of weekends left but with my knee rehab I decided to winterize the boat. Ten hours this year...sigh.

man that sucks, we put more than that on in the first week.

rdlangston13
09-10-2013, 08:06 AM
Yah sure they are. Who told you such nonsence a Greenpeace tree hugger...haha. You of all peeps should know better and should also be trying to help push the new pipeline down your way.

Oh wait theres a puddle or two in the way that everyones all worked up about. Come on ,not likely to happen , just mostly politicians and tree huggers trying to show off.
Yes the Tarsands create waste etc , yet there is so much said and done to solve this that most of this is non issues. I have never been there directly ,but have seen many pics of befores and afters etc and usually the afters are far nicer and sometimes more eco friendly with all the technology available

They main fight against the pipeline is not about pollution but about exports. The main reason for the pipeline is to get the oil to southern refineries where it can be refined and exported. I don't want the pipeline because the oil staying here does us better. And by staying here I am referring the all the pipelines that already carry tar sands oil as far as mid Oklahoma.

And if you ever watch any documentary on the tar sands you would think that everyone in Alberta has a third arm or something lol. I was just curious on a different perspective. I'm all for the oil field but I don't want it all to be developed to fast, you drill it all at once Andy career is short! We need to drag this out till I can retire.

Sent from my iPhone

Cigars n scotch
09-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Congrats on the house cns. Maybe we can meet up here soon. Where'd you find the house at? Oh..as far as last day...Halloween costume ride is a must so not before that for sure. Most likely well into November.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Ended up where we wanted to in Fort Mill in a great neighborhood. Thank you.

trayson
09-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Summer's not over in the Pacific NW! Woot!!!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-1_92xfuEhWk/Ui-eiKeEZ5I/AAAAAAAAO8E/pctzhDroS5k/s800/Weather.jpg

MJR63
09-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Summer's not over in the Pacific NW! Woot!!!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-1_92xfuEhWk/Ui-eiKeEZ5I/AAAAAAAAO8E/pctzhDroS5k/s800/Weather.jpg

Damn! I'm hooking the boat to the car and heading to WA.....

In CT we are expected close to 90 tomorrow! Heading out late afternoon to get one more ski / surf in.

zabooda
09-11-2013, 01:10 AM
Suppose to be near 100 each day through Sunday with light winds. Look at next week though and in the low 80s. Brrrrr. This is the best time of the summer with school, sports and two months of the same weather most people have gotten off the water.

sicktc06
09-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Since we got our wetsuits, we will probably be out until the water reaches 50 degrees or so, whenever that is!. :)

Boatdrinks797
09-12-2013, 12:43 AM
I have admitted defeat for the year and will be pulling it home this weekend. Weather is till looking good, but we got some stuff going the following two weekends and I'm running out of water on the lift.

I read in some previous posts that towing your boat with the ratchet style cover on can lead to some minor scuff marks and was thinking I would tow it topless for the short 50 mile trek. Do I have to worry about seat cushions blowing out while towing at 65-70mph?

gisepi
09-12-2013, 03:20 AM
I am not admitting defeat until hopefully the last week in October. We try an run until ice comes on the lake here in Alberta. I was taught by Levi we ride from ice off till ice on to make it worth while to own a boat way up this way!!! Just hopin ice will hold till end of October.

Giddy up!!!!

Wax
09-12-2013, 08:50 AM
I have admitted defeat for the year and will be pulling it home this weekend. Weather is till looking good, but we got some stuff going the following two weekends and I'm running out of water on the lift.

I read in some previous posts that towing your boat with the ratchet style cover on can lead to some minor scuff marks and was thinking I would tow it topless for the short 50 mile trek. Do I have to worry about seat cushions blowing out while towing at 65-70mph?

No your seat cushions won't blow out. I always tow topless!

mikenehrkorn
09-12-2013, 08:59 AM

IMO, it's worse on the cover to tow with it on, especially at higher speeds. I have always towed with the cover off and have never had a cushion even move let alone blow out of the boat.

sandm
09-12-2013, 10:19 AM
I think it'll be september 21. we are getting busy at work and will be there most saturdays thru thanksgiving so I'm about done. still a lot of yardwork to do to get ready for the snow. need to figure out how to winterize the new boat as well so that'll take a full weekend day in itself.

hate to say it, but actively shopping CL for a snowblower. hoping I find a deal soon.

parrothd
09-13-2013, 08:15 AM
I always tow with cover on and I've had stuff fly out on other boats without the cover..I tow lots of miles and 80mph...:)

Looks like we have a few more weekends, was supposed to go this morning, 55ish, the weekends look warmer...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

rdlangston13
09-13-2013, 08:23 AM
IMO, it's worse on the cover to tow with it on, especially at higher speeds. I have always towed with the cover off and have never had a cushion even move let alone blow out of the boat.

I had the cooler cushion fly out of my boat. Happened the day I bought it actually, made me sick. Then I was driving one time and the same cushion was just like hovering in the middle of the boat. I slowed down about 5 mph and it dropped on the floor and all was good. I also now Velcro the cooler cushion and the one opposite of it to prevent this

Sent from my iPhone

sicktc06
09-13-2013, 08:51 AM
I had the cooler cushion fly out of my boat. Happened the day I bought it actually, made me sick. Then I was driving one time and the same cushion was just like hovering in the middle of the boat. I slowed down about 5 mph and it dropped on the floor and all was good. I also now Velcro the cooler cushion and the one opposite of it to prevent this

I as well lost a cushion out of mine the first day I got it towing it home. Ever since then I take the cooler cushion and the cushion right behind the captains chair and put them down under the helm to protect them from the wind. Those are the only two cushions that would have a problem.

Boatdrinks797
09-13-2013, 09:32 AM
Thanks for saving me a seat cushion, or two!

Sharpshooter
09-28-2013, 12:59 PM
I just got informed next weekend would be our last trip to the lake for this season due to the kids busy schedule with school activities, well I guess it's time to get started full blast on the winter time boat mods

moombabound
09-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Early defeat here in the Edmonton area (north central Alberta).
Every year, Indian summer end of Sept.
Nowhere in site this year.
While my boat's winterized out in BC, ski buddies here are throwing in the towel.
Skied a week ago; water 62F (down 6D in 5 days); air 65F.
Air no higher than 55F for the next 14 days, plus windy.

Thus ends another crappy year due to constant bad weekend weather and wind.

PS (Floridians may get a kick in that at water 62F, one guy and one girl were still in their swim trunks & vest; no wet suit).

gisepi, good for you skiing until ice-on. Nobody I know risks their engine block that late. I always (previously) book winterized for 1st Monday in Oct. You must have heated garage.

newty
09-30-2013, 10:57 AM
Fall hit the PNW with a vengeance... I guessing we won't be seeing the sun until May sometime. We may as well live in Alaska.

bergermaister
09-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Could have wakeboarded down the highway Saturday night about 6:00. :(

mikenehrkorn
09-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Could have wakeboarded down the highway Saturday night about 6:00. :(

LOL.....What kind of wake can you get behind the truck?!? :)

Maybe we need to start a thread on which trucks / tow vehicles create the best wake?? And what kind of ballast you need???? :o

BensonWdby
09-30-2013, 05:59 PM
Pulled the boat Sunday - but never skied this weekend. We still have 1 boat in the water so it could happen this Sunday but not likely. So unless I get south somehwere - nothing till May 2014.

MJR63
09-30-2013, 07:20 PM
I think we stole your Indian summer.... Looks close to 80 for Wed on CT. Hoping to get out!

jpetty3023
10-05-2013, 12:56 PM
premature end to our season. this is the signage posted at all the ramps close to me
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/06/6ytu7a5y.jpg

Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2

Sharpshooter
10-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Heading out for the last weekendhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/06/6uryseba.jpg

2013 Moomba LSV

Sharpshooter
10-05-2013, 05:13 PM
We had the lake all to ourselveshttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/06/debyraja.jpg

2013 Moomba LSV

jmb
10-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Heading out for the last weekendhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/06/6uryseba.jpg

2013 Moomba LSV

Really!!! The last weekend? I will be out another month or two on lake tuscaloosa. I don't really ever lay up the boat

Sharpshooter
10-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Our schedule is dictating this to be our last weekend, school activity s and work

2013 Moomba LSV

jmvotto
10-05-2013, 09:33 PM

The last supper

bergermaister
10-06-2013, 12:25 AM
As I said earlier - YOU GUYS SUCK!

JK - hope you're having a good time out there.

clarkely
10-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Got out yesterday afternoon.... Beautiful day in NE PA...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

moombabound
10-07-2013, 12:11 AM
...ski buddies here are throwing in the towel.

Not so fast. Got in one more day.
Air 57.
Water 50.

trayson
10-07-2013, 11:58 AM
As I said earlier - YOU GUYS SUCK!

JK - hope you're having a good time out there.

Greg, you know how fantastic this weekend's weather was here. We had a crazy busy weekend but left Sunday for one thing and one thing only. BOATING. we launched at Portco at 1pm once it warmed up. The hayden island slough was 62 water temp (WAY better than Friday when I went out of Willamette park and it was a lumberyard of debris and freaking 52 degree water!!!!)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-f_Adejx8miQ/UlLUtAuMOnI/AAAAAAAAPJQ/00UwIeYtTHs/s800/IMG_7486797765958.jpeg

A light jacket and I turned on the heater on my feet for the drive back through the houseboat no wake zone...
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-dNyA9NdVITs/UlLUxdbkuII/AAAAAAAAPKA/PBgBMu_v4kM/s800/IMG_7399850538144.jpeg

Late dinner at McMenamins outside on the patio after pulling the boat out of the water, looking at the river we were just playing on.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-KN-4v4x0M8I/UlLWQRm7SUI/AAAAAAAAPLE/t-0A7gs06zY/s800/20131006_200224.jpg

And we definitely had a better day than this guy. We didn't see it happen, but we arrived at the ramp to see 2 tow trucks and the carnage. I guess the driver jack-knifed hard and it screwed up his SUV bad and if you look closely, he now has a BREAKAWAY tongue on the trailer!!!!!!!!
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-XvrD6PjHLZ4/UlLWMgPKtKI/AAAAAAAAPK0/MHe1pBDjrWk/s800/20131006_130427.jpg

04OUTBACK
10-07-2013, 01:31 PM
planning to get out this weekend. then tied up for next few with work.. i'll sneak out in November somehow!
JUST got the boat lift installed last week and waiting on power to run it! i gotta get back out sometime!

jester
10-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Was able to get out on Saturday for the last time. Air temp started at 37, water temp started at 53.6. Ended up putting the boat away for the winter since Ski Patrol is now kicking into gear. I do not have a free weekend until Thanksgiving because of work and Ski patrol. Now time for the winter projects to start.

jmb
10-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Looks like a perfect coming up. Going to take a half day off Friday and then Saturday and see what.might happen Sunday. Screwed tbis post up.

jmb
10-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Looks like a perfect weekend this weekend. Half day off Friday and Sat and Maybe Sun. Going to try and wear it out.

parrothd
10-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Thought my last day was last weekend, 80 in Chicago, had my first bad wipeout of the season. Landed backwards and caught the edge, felt every joint in my spine separate, like one of those bendy straws when you pull them straight.. Looks like we might get another day this weekend so I can end the season on better terms..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Sharpshooter
10-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Last weekend on the water was my sons first time on a surfboard, after going rope less and really getting the hang of it, he has to wait all winter now to get back on ithttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/10/ehuqe6uq.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/10/jujepa5a.jpg
http://youtu.be/fLlsolE0Akc

2013 Moomba LSV

moombadaze
10-18-2013, 02:01 PM
could be this weekend 10-20-13 with a forecast hight of 85 :cool:, not sure what the lake temp will be. Wife is not overly excited about going much longer and my daughter wont be trying anything till next spring after spraining her knee a month ago.

mmandley
10-19-2013, 08:36 AM
We are still at in the PNW. Weather has been pretty nice, mid 60s and water has been 60 also. Going to be going out again tomorrow.

kaneboats
10-24-2013, 10:12 AM
It's 56 here this morning. Going down to 42 tomorrow night. My river has dropped to a frigid 70 degrees. I no longer have anyone willing to go out. Boo (not the halloween BOO!). Might have to run a Craigslist ad for riders.

trayson
10-24-2013, 11:14 AM
It's 56 here this morning. Going down to 42 tomorrow night. My river has dropped to a frigid 70 degrees. I no longer have anyone willing to go out. Boo (not the halloween BOO!). Might have to run a Craigslist ad for riders.

Over here we have been having a streak of manageable fall weather. we've been seeing upper 60's and low 70's with sunshine. Water temps are dipping to 59/60 degrees. Definitely full wetsuit weather. But it's awesome to have the river to ourselves and the extra smooth water.

What we're finding is that the people that are willing to go out are starting to be those of us that all own boats. Today we'll be going out and each person going owns their own boat, but we're all just going out on one. It's actually kinda nice to vary up the boats and not have to take yours out every time. I met both of the guys I'm talking about with a thread I posted on Wakeworld. One has a Tige and the other has an MB Sports. Heck, I met Newty and his Moomba through that same WW thread.

jmvotto
10-24-2013, 06:29 PM
Snowed this am glad the boat is away

jmb
10-24-2013, 07:28 PM
Lookin like we will go out Wednesday. Take a half day from work. 81 degrees. Will ski and wakeboard

trayson
10-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Out yesterday, water temp was down to 58-59. Air temp was in the upper 60's. Had the river to ourselves.

The only people that are willing to go out are the die hard enthusiasts, many of us that are all boat owners. Yesterday 3 of the 4 in our crew had our own boats and the other one used to have his own. It's actually kind of nice deciding which boat we're riding on! It was nice to leave my boat at home!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-46ZTEvhXZT4/Umq9QCbx1zI/AAAAAAAAPXs/oefUJ4a3WEk/s800/20131024_164206.jpg

Sharpshooter
10-25-2013, 09:43 PM
Well it's officially over for the season, I picked up the boat from the dealer from being winterized, now to drop it off Monday to have all the LEDs installed

2013 Moomba LSV

Wax
10-26-2013, 01:24 PM
I think I'm finally going to take the boat out of the water today...I'm going out for one last surf session in a few minutes; it's 46 degrees and I bet the water isn't much warmer lol! Ironically, this will be the first day I'll actually wear my wetsuit!

Buttafewcoe
10-27-2013, 08:52 AM
Unfortunately, the 12th was my last. I am working on cleaning and detailing her for the winter nap.
<sigh>
B

Mikey
10-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Sadly my boat has been winterized and wrapped up for its winter nap for nearly 5 weeks already. Today we finally got our first real snow. 4'' on the ground so far. Still Snowing. Now i officially know ,boating season is over. We usually have already had snow by now,this fall has been one of the nicer ones as it was 70 degrees just on Friday. Those are typical summer days here at times...

Wax
11-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Last Saturday 10/26 did end up being my last day surfing, and ironically only my first late season ride where I actually wore my wetsuit though lol! Not a bad last ride for Michigan though, it did snow a little Saturday afternoon after I was done riding (nothing stuck).

I winterized it last Sunday, thank you cab (Al) for the very detailed winterization instruction thread. My entire time owning a wake boat (this is 8th winter, 1st with my LSV), I was always too lazy to learn how to do it myself although I am pretty mechanically inclined. I had a deal with another brand boat dealership and they winterized my Supra for $100 every year (I did my own oil changes though), but that deal apparently ran out last year as they charged me full price. I now see how easy it is, and can't believe I even paid $100 for it before.

Next step will be trans and v-drive fluid changes. I might do it this weekend before she gets cleaned and put in the pole barn, or I might wait until spring. I bought everything required when I picked up my winterization stuff, but I'm just dreading it as the work space down there is tight and I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing (even with the nice details from DOCDRS). I got the O'Reilly's brand fluids too, hopefully they're acceptable.

Boonejeepin
11-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Air temp 82, sunny skies, water 68 - no end in sight. :)

Crossed 300 hrs on the boat today. We have had the boat since mid July 2011.

beat taco
11-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Air temp 82, sunny skies, water 68 - no end in sight. :)

Crossed 300 hrs on the boat today. We have had the boat since mid July 2011.

How are the lakes down there? You tried a few spots or are they limited?

5:00
11-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Wrapped it up yesterday :(
It will be back next year cleaner, better sounding and heavier than ever. I have a list as long as my arm of things to do

gisepi
11-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Last Day here was 10/26 didnt even need to drysuit it. Luckily got the boat indoors on friday as winter hit hard here saturday, now is time for a good cleaning and prep for the long winter ahead.

trayson
11-04-2013, 03:57 PM
I made it to November! Went out after work on Friday and had the river basically to ourselves. It was calm enough that we got to play right off the Vancouver WA waterfront just past the launch. I'm sure that the people that were eating dinner at all the waterfront restaurants thought I was freaking nuts. Water temp was 54 degrees and we got in our fun, got home, and had the boat covered before the skies opened up and poured rain the rest of the night.

Got in that last trip and realized that my bilge pump is about to take a dump. Glad it lasted to the end of the season and I can deal with it later.

iwaterskihard
11-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Not so fast. Got in one more day.
Air 57.
Water 50.

That Mastercraft in that picture looks like a boat I used to see on Wizard Lake all the time owned by a dude named Graham!

iwaterskihard
11-04-2013, 10:54 PM
For the record I have NO intention of not skiing year round down here. The water is cooling down from 96 to 75 degrees as of yesterday. I got 3 sets in and heck it was still warmer than the water we skied in mid summer when we lived in Canada! :)
Here's a couple shots taken off the dock with an I-phone running west into the course and into the sun! :)

chawk610
11-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Ours was late September. Prolly gonna winterize this weekend. Ahh Summer 2013, fond memories.

Boonejeepin
11-05-2013, 12:30 PM
How are the lakes down there? You tried a few spots or are they limited?

The selection of lakes that you can use is somewhat limited. There are two lakes within 30 minutes of us and one about an hour away that we can use. The Colorado River is about four hours away. There are several other lakes but they are no body contact lakes.

Although if you can get out during a weekday or the off-season the lakes are almost empty. So far so good.

gregski
11-12-2013, 03:56 AM
Our last day was Sunday (Nov-11)... famous last words. I winterized it that evening but if a warm day comes around, I'll put it back in the water and re-winterize it afterwards!
Air temp was 66, water temp was 48. (much warmer than the 42 degree water at our normal lake)

jpetty3023
11-12-2013, 05:31 PM
was hoping to get a few more times but we have a massive cold front coming in tonight. gonna be 28 degrees for about 7-8 hours. boats in storage and not winterized, got me a little worried. may go sleep with her tonight

Sent from my iP5s on an app called Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) 2

rdlangston13
11-12-2013, 08:13 PM
was hoping to get a few more times but we have a massive cold front coming in tonight. gonna be 28 degrees for about 7-8 hours. boats in storage and not winterized, got me a little worried. may go sleep with her tonight

I'm in the same boat as you and I leave for New Zealand Thursday and won't have time to winterize until I come back dec 19....hope we don't get any major cold pushes from now until then

Sent from my iPhone

KG's Supra24
11-12-2013, 08:14 PM
I'm there with yall.

Group buy from Indmar next spring? Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jpetty3023
11-12-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm there with yall.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

that was funny but let's hope not..

wolfeman131
11-12-2013, 10:01 PM
I'm there with yall.

Must be a Ford lover.

Woody929
11-12-2013, 11:32 PM
I winterized on 10/12. Changed the oil, full tank of gas, etc. The boat is now sitting at the repair shop getting the platform fixed from backing into a dock, and a spider web impact gouge/crack fixed from a late season incident with a stump. They'll have to drain the new fluids & roll the boat on her side to fix the impact damage. I told the guys that if I knew they were going to do that, I'd have waited to do the fluids :-)

I'm looking to get her back so I can 1, know where she's spending her nights & 2, dream better about my off season upgrades.