PDA

View Full Version : heater craft question

ninedriver
09-06-2013, 10:35 AM
I've seen a few posts about installing a heater craft heat system and I'm considering doing the same. Can anyone tell me which unit/system I should get? It looks like most people have a 3 tube/hose system with 2 ports on the walk through and one behind the driver. I looked at the heater craft web site and they have a sport series and a pro series? Plus, their 3 port system only shows 2 tubes/hoses and one Fixed Louver? Any help on which system and where to purchase it would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, it's for a 2008 mobius LSV.

jmvotto
09-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Yes that is the one most purchased

Three flex ports one fixed, loved it on my obv

mcdye
09-06-2013, 11:06 AM
It really depends on what you want. My first one was a 3 port, 2 flex/1 fixed louver. The next one was a 4 port, 3 flex/1 fixed louver. I ran the 3rd flex to come out behind under the driver seat.

ninedriver
09-06-2013, 11:51 AM
where are you guys putting the fixed louver? also, any idea where to get one for a descent price?
Thanks

jmvotto
09-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Down by your feet, on top of hump or sub if you have one, someplace to warm the drivers little piggies. Lol

parrothd
09-06-2013, 12:25 PM
We've used the crap out of heater this year, so much so the tubes need to be replaced... :)

I have the 4 port version, with 4 tub heaters and one fixed vent driver side floor near your feet. The three tubes are in the walkway and 1 behind the driver seat. The weather around here has mostly been in the 60's all summer so we've had the heat on most days...

ninedriver
09-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Good deal, thanks for the replies. Where is everyone getting their heaters from? I plan on doing the install myself.

kaneboats
09-06-2013, 02:23 PM
I don't understand this heater thing at all. Now A/C, that might make some sense.

bergermaister
09-06-2013, 02:55 PM
We've used the crap out of heater this year, so much so the tubes need to be replaced... :)

I have the 4 port version, with 4 tub heaters and one fixed vent driver side floor near your feet. The three tubes are in the walkway and 1 behind the driver seat. The weather around here has mostly been in the 60's all summer so we've had the heat on most days...

Where you located?

I'm wondering if a heater would extend our season at all - and if it would be worth it.

I don't understand this heater thing at all. Now A/C, that might make some sense.

I've seen one of those A/C thingies before in a store... You set your beer in front of it to keep it cold?

parrothd
09-06-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm in Chicago, we usually start in May/June and end in Oct. We're usually the first and last boat out for the season.

The heater is a great addition, not only for the hardcore boarders going late into the season, but for everyone else it helps with those cold early starts or cool days. Not to mention it keeps the gfriend happy so she will spot longer thus letting us board longer.. :D

Of course you can't please everyone, now I get complaints it's too hot and turn of the heater, followed by is the heat on?!?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

beat taco
09-06-2013, 03:45 PM
I swapped the helm vent for another hot tube for a total of three to keep my passengers from fighting over two and my youngest always in my lap to get close to the vent.

jmvotto
09-06-2013, 04:57 PM
berg, definitely a yes, we love ours, I may upgrade the xlv from two port to 4 port .

zabooda
09-06-2013, 05:20 PM
A must for the Pacific northwest if you ski in the evenings this time of year. I don't know how many times I used it in the summer when we got caught up in a rain storm. Put the kids under the bow cover, throw them tubes and tell them to quit shivering. Now the shower, only time I used that is when winterizing.

parrothd
09-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Haven't used the shower once this year, well once to wash of the rear pad..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

cab13367
09-06-2013, 10:03 PM
I installed a 3 port then later added a "Y" so I could add a fixed vent under the dash. I have kept it mostly closed though and sometimes forget I have it. I bought mine from go2marine as they had the best price at the time but that's been several years ago.

jmvotto
09-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Found an old pic of the unit before install

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/jmvotto/th_IMAG0103-1.jpg (http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/jmvotto/?action=view&current=IMAG0103-1.jpg)

996scott
09-07-2013, 05:25 PM
I installed a heater and shower in our old boat and got them from go2marine. The heater gets used more than anything else in the boat, More than I would have ever imagined. Early and late in the season it get pretty cool so the heater is always going. The shower gets used as well to warm up the hands and feet when it is dry suit time. I think they are both great if you are boating early and late in the season. The boat I just bought doesn't have a shower so that is on my short list of thing to do.