PDA

View Full Version : My new to me Moomba and tow rig

irish-racing
09-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Just bought my first Moomba. Here she is and my baby that I tow with.

2008 Mobius XLV

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r666/nmunson1/VP3333681_1_large_resized_zpsf257f658.jpg (http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/nmunson1/media/VP3333681_1_large_resized_zpsf257f658.jpg.html)

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r666/nmunson1/VP3333681_6_large_resized_zps4ee0ffab.jpg (http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/nmunson1/media/VP3333681_6_large_resized_zps4ee0ffab.jpg.html)

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r666/nmunson1/VP3333681_7_large_resized_zpsfcaaaab8.jpg (http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/nmunson1/media/VP3333681_7_large_resized_zpsfcaaaab8.jpg.html)

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r666/nmunson1/VP3333681_3_large_resized_zps717cfca1.jpg (http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/nmunson1/media/VP3333681_3_large_resized_zps717cfca1.jpg.html)

powerstroke99
09-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Nice Boat!! was this by chance on ebay?

moombadaze
09-05-2013, 08:28 PM
nice improvement.

Cigars n scotch
09-05-2013, 11:18 PM
nice boat congratulations! enjoy it, I like the colors.

rdlangston13
09-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Great looking XLV! looks to be in awesome condition too! congrats!

irish-racing
09-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Nice Boat!! was this by chance on ebay?

It could have been. I am not sure. I found it locally by accident.

nice improvement.

Thank you.

nice boat congratulations! enjoy it, I like the colors.

Thanks. The colors are really what sold me on this boat.

Great looking XLV! looks to be in awesome condition too! congrats!

Thanks.

13mobiusLSV
09-24-2013, 09:23 PM
AQUA Marine in anderson, by chance?

irish-racing
09-25-2013, 08:13 AM
AQUA Marine in anderson, by chance?

It was on consignment there. I bought it directly from the owner.

86century
09-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Nice, You are lucky I didn't see that one. Ours came from aquamarine of Anderson. good people.

13mobiusLSV
09-26-2013, 10:59 AM
It was on consignment there. I bought it directly from the owner.

sharp looking boat, I saw it a few weeks back. I just bought aquamarines red mobius LSV and pick it up tomorrow. hope you get to enjoy it a few more times this season with this weather.

irish-racing
09-26-2013, 12:16 PM
Nice, You are lucky I didn't see that one. Ours came from aquamarine of Anderson. good people.

Yeah I like the guys up there. Where do you boat at? You have to be some what close to where I am.

sharp looking boat, I saw it a few weeks back. I just bought aquamarines red mobius LSV and pick it up tomorrow. hope you get to enjoy it a few more times this season with this weather.

I think they had the red LSV there when I went up there. Great looking boat but the payment was a little high for me and they wouldn't take my old boat on trade. This weekend is supposed to be 80 and sunny. I will be out on Morse Lake all day saturday.

13mobiusLSV
09-26-2013, 03:34 PM
I'm on the southside so when I stay local I'll go to Monroe. Long weekends I'll go to dale hollow or Norris.

irish-racing
09-26-2013, 03:38 PM
I'm on the southside so when I stay local I'll go to Monroe. Long weekends I'll go to dale hollow or Norris.

We usually make a trip or 2 down to Monroe. We usually get a campsite on the lake and hang out all weekend.

tater
09-26-2013, 07:41 PM

Congrats on the new Boat,I have the exact same boat i ordered mine from Aqua as well at last years boat show same color scheme but some different options we also go to Dale Hollow, Sunset marina,havent been to Norris yet but here great things about it,locally we spend most of are time at Mississinewa,I could have saved you a few bucks i am thinking about ordering a SA or SC this winter and i could have sold you mine HaHa,Enjoy the LSV there awesome

irish-racing
09-27-2013, 08:49 AM
Congrats on the new Boat,I have the exact same boat i ordered mine from Aqua as well at last years boat show same color scheme but some different options we also go to Dale Hollow, Sunset marina,havent been to Norris yet but here great things about it,locally we spend most of are time at Mississinewa,I could have saved you a few bucks i am thinking about ordering a SA or SC this winter and i could have sold you mine HaHa,Enjoy the LSV there awesome

We are up at Mississinewa a lot. It's about a 1.5 hour drive for me but I like it a lot more then Morse for a few reason. On weekends during the summer it cost $30 to launch and Morse is to small and to crowded. It's supposed to be 80 tomorrow. You guys going to be out?

tater
09-27-2013, 01:34 PM
We are up at Mississinewa a lot. It's about a 1.5 hour drive for me but I like it a lot more then Morse for a few reason. On weekends during the summer it cost $30 to launch and Morse is to small and to crowded. It's supposed to be 80 tomorrow. You guys going to be out?

Yea, I wish i could go Saturday,Wife has to work and my Daughter is in some activities at the James Dean Festival this weekend,will be going on Thursday just to cruise around and do some fishing,I love the look of the bass boats when we pull up and cast with them,im sure they think you got a lot of nerve wanting to be friends now after you tried to drown us all summer,30 bucks to launch really,ouch i dont think ill ever hit that lake.

irish-racing
09-27-2013, 02:05 PM
Yea, I wish i could go Saturday,Wife has to work and my Daughter is in some activities at the James Dean Festival this weekend,will be going on Thursday just to cruise around and do some fishing,I love the look of the bass boats when we pull up and cast with them,im sure they think you got a lot of nerve wanting to be friends now after you tried to drown us all summer,30 bucks to launch really,ouch i dont think ill ever hit that lake.

I haven't been to the James Dean Festival in years. Yeah fishermen hate us. I have a few buddies who have bass boats and they complain at me all the time. Yeah it's not worth the $30 at all. A lot of jackass boaters who aren't paying attention and almost run into you because they are pulling tubers and looking behind them. But it's a mile from my house and I don't feel like driving that far or using that much deisel this weekend.

tater
09-28-2013, 12:19 AM
I haven't been to the James Dean Festival in years. Yeah fishermen hate us. I have a few buddies who have bass boats and they complain at me all the time. Yeah it's not worth the $30 at all. A lot of jackass boaters who aren't paying attention and almost run into you because they are pulling tubers and looking behind them. But it's a mile from my house and I don't feel like driving that far or using that much deisel this weekend.

I hear yea on the gas, Im sure i will run into you some time next summer,wow thats sucks did I just say next summer,it is what it is, it will be another long winter but when you have a boat sitting in the garage ever winter seems to get longer.

patrick232
09-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Tater, let me know if you want to go to Norris Lake, our condo is currently open for every weekend in October. Pm me if you want details.
Why are you looking to sell your new LSV, was it not much different from your 06?

tater
09-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Tater, let me know if you want to go to Norris Lake, our condo is currently open for every weekend in October. Pm me if you want details.
Why are you looking to sell your new LSV, was it not much different from your 06?
I think i am going to hang on to my LSV for a while,I did a Demo of the SA and SC and just have to have one,but i would have to take a loss on a trade-in and selling it myself is time consuming and i dont have that kind of time for joy riders and look-a-loos,besides cant you have just as much fun in a 50K boat as to a 100K,Thats my wifes philosphy anyway HaHa PM sent about the condo.

tater
09-29-2013, 09:24 PM

Clean out your PM box,then ill send PM Thanks,Jim

tater
09-29-2013, 09:51 PM
PM Sent,

Thanks,
Jim

irish-racing
09-30-2013, 10:38 AM
I hear yea on the gas, Im sure i will run into you some time next summer,wow thats sucks did I just say next summer,it is what it is, it will be another long winter but when you have a boat sitting in the garage ever winter seems to get longer.

Should have just put fuel in my truck and drove to Mississinewa like I normally do. I found a nice rock in Morse. I posted a thread in the general chat area with pictures. Crappy way to end the season

86century
09-30-2013, 10:45 AM
We spend every weekend on mississinewa and most mondays.
We have good water in the morning and evening on weekends and all day through the week.

irish-racing
09-30-2013, 11:58 AM
We have good water in the morning and evening on weekends and all day through the week.

I love Mississinewa. Grew up on that lake. I know it really well. Next season we will have to get together up there.

tater
09-30-2013, 08:37 PM
Should have just put fuel in my truck and drove to Mississinewa like I normally do. I found a nice rock in Morse. I posted a thread in the general chat area with pictures. Crappy way to end the season

I posted on the other thread,that sucks but nobody got hurt and if i was that close to that lake i would have went there to.things happen i lost my prop on mississinewa one time when i had a my ole Rinker 186 Captiva out there fishing where i wasnt supposed to be.Didnt have depth finder and a fisherman pulled up and said do you know you are in 2 ft of water and i said yea i do now i just lost my prop,Thanks for looking out dude HaHa

tater
09-30-2013, 08:45 PM

I wonder why i never see you guys up there,we hardly ever go on the weekends if we do we wait till around 5 or 6 to go,me and my wife both work alot of weekends so we get 2 days of during the week which is awesome so we pretty much get the whole lake to are selves.If the rain holds off we will be out this Thursday but it dosent look good right now,we all need to get together next summer some time havent seen to many Moombas on that lake.

86century
09-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Up until july I was in a blue supra bravura.

Yea we will haft to get together next year.

Hell I would still be riding if all the other wimps would still go.

irish-racing
10-01-2013, 08:18 AM
I would still be riding if my boat wasn't screwed up. haha

gus 08 mobius lsv
10-29-2013, 09:22 PM
with all you guys in Indiana and a few of us in ohio maybe next year we can get a moomba get together sometime next summer...wisconsin is just too far for me to drive for 2 days of boating! would anyone be up for that?

tater
10-30-2013, 02:40 AM
Yea im down if we could find a place that worked for everybody,might have to start a different thread to make sure everybody sees it,i know at least 3 of us from Indiana only live about an hour apart from each other have to get a map out and see whats centrally located for everybody.

irish-racing
11-12-2013, 02:01 PM
I would be up for that for sure.