PDA

View Full Version : Mojo Garage Dimensions

rbeckner27
09-03-2013, 11:48 AM
I am hoping to buy a Mojo this week, but my last hang-up is the garage dimensions. I can fit length and width, but it is the height that I am concerned about. I have a 7ft garage door and the dealer tells me with the tower down the highest point is the bimini bracket at 6'-11". Does that sound right? If I have to let some air out of the tires I am comfortable with that too.

Any one been successful in putting a mojo under a 7ft door?

mcdye
09-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Yes, every weekend. My entrance has a downward slope to the garage door. I do have to swap hitches to lower the tongue very low to get in the door.

kaneboats
09-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Will the dealer let you take one home for a test fit? It's gonna be close. May have to unhitch and lower the tongue all the way down withe the jack and push in by hand.

rbeckner27
09-03-2013, 12:40 PM
I am sure the dealer would but it is about 200 miles just to check it out.

That is what I figure either change the drop on the hitch or jack it in. I was also considering lowering the tire pressure too if I had too.

sandm
09-03-2013, 01:57 PM
push in by hand.

haha :) not a chance I could do that with mine sitting on a dual axle. single was easy to move.

I was in the same boat(literally) you are with mine last summer. it will be close. what's your house made out of? I was prepared to "shave" a few inches out of the header on my garage and push the trim up a tad. most 7ft garage doors will allow a few inches more of clearance. doing that all depends on what you have above the garage. living sq ft, forget it. a few trusses for the roof, shave away at the header.

mmandley
09-03-2013, 02:34 PM
What are you serious? The Mojo fits in a 7ft Door? I call BS.

I have an 8 ft door on my garage and it barely fits through it. My rotating wake board rack almost rubs the door seal.

Now i have a leaf spring trailer, not the torsion but i don't see the tower being folded down and torsion axle being low enough for a 7ft. The LSV barley fits in a 7ft with the tower down and the Mojo is almost a full foot taller on the trailer then an LSV.

C.Hern5972
09-03-2013, 03:06 PM
get a boat storage and ave the hassle

moombadaze
09-03-2013, 03:19 PM
my experience

i have a 7' door and a LSV on a double axle spring trailer with no factory racks on the tower-i fit with just about a inch of clearance. no way it would fit with the racks on it. just saying this for a for a reference point as the Mojo sits taller on the trailer

swapping hitch's, lower air presure and reinflateing will get old real fast, actually anything other than putting the tower down and backing in gets old fast-even doing this is old now

when I ordered my boat i was concerned about the garage height issue and contacted boat mate about this, i was told both styles (spring and torsion) sit at about the same height, and that the torsions with the 18" wheels sit a little higher.

my.02

Salyers
09-03-2013, 04:30 PM
I store my mojo in a 7ft over the winter. Racks have to come off. No way around it. Other than that, yes it is possible. The mojo is worth the Trouble!!!!

Worlds22SSV
09-03-2013, 04:43 PM
I don't know the difference between my Launch and the MOJO but i get mine into a door that has an 80" opening. i have a 16" drop hitch to clear it puts the trailer about 3" off the ground, i have to use a floor jack to lower it onto the ball back it up and than floor jack back up.

powerstroke99
09-04-2013, 12:56 AM
i can barely squeeze my XLV through a 9x8 garage door with removing guide poles/mirror/lowering tower etc.. good luck.. all else fails build a new house with a bigger garage :cool:

mcdye
09-04-2013, 07:48 AM
have a 16" drop hitch to clear it puts the trailer about 3" off the ground, i have to use a floor jack to lower it onto the ball back it up and than floor jack back up.

winner winner..swap hitch, no tire adjustments..It is possible and does happen every weekend. As noted, one does have to take the racks off.

mmandley
09-04-2013, 11:19 AM
winner winner..swap hitch, no tire adjustments..It is possible and does happen every weekend. As noted, one does have to take the racks off.

Well maybe with all that work, but I dont think a dealer should tell you it fits, without telling you all the work it takes.

The LSV was always advertised right from the dealer as a 7ft garage door fit, and unless you had a slope it would roll right in.

The Mojo can't just be backed right in, it has to have modifications.

I personally would not want to do all that. to make it fit.

Hell, i hate that i have to take 2 speakers down because my tower wont spring back up with 6 on in the garage LOL.