PDA

View Full Version : 11' LSV wake surf ballast set up

JPAGE
09-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Well over Labor Day weekend we finally started to learn how to surf. We went out and it was only Myself, my wife, 3yr old son and a friend of ours. We discovered one thing was we NEED more weight. So what is the best set up you guys have found with the LSV? I have the factory installed Gravity III. So what do i need to start shopping for??

Jeromy

kaneboats
09-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Give wakemakers a call. At minimum you want a 750 on the surf side in the rear locker. An 1100 would be better. You can consider an IBS too.

E4NASH
09-03-2013, 11:02 AM
I have an '11 LSV and I first got 750s and that was OK but this year I added 1100s and an IBS and we have a great big and long wave. I have an IBS, stock bag in the floor (370/400 - Fly High Tube sac), I have the same bag under the seats where the cooler used to be. I cut that out as many others have as well. The cooler is useless anyway. Then we have 1100 in the rear. I have the same setup for the goofy side as well. All bags (6) are hidden and all run off the factory 3 pumps with the factory switches. I ran a Boswell valve off each pump so each pump fills two bags. All of my parts were purchased from Wakemakers.

rca
09-03-2013, 02:29 PM
I have an '11 LSV with 1100s in the rear, stock bag in the locker and an IBS that fills from the locker bag. I like the wave a lot. I have a couple of 350 Fly High bags I can move around depending on how many people are in the boat. Really I don't use them unless there are 3 or fewer people on the boat.

brain_rinse
09-03-2013, 02:34 PM
I have an '11 LSV with 1100s in the rear, stock bag in the locker and an IBS that fills from the locker bag. I like the wave a lot. I have a couple of 350 Fly High bags I can move around depending on how many people are in the boat. Really I don't use them unless there are 3 or fewer people on the boat.
^This. Get the 1100s and an IBS and be happy!

cab13367
09-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Well over Labor Day weekend we finally started to learn how to surf. We went out and it was only Myself, my wife, 3yr old son and a friend of ours. We discovered one thing was we NEED more weight. So what is the best set up you guys have found with the LSV? I have the factory installed Gravity III. So what do i need to start shopping for??

Jeromy

Hey Jeremy,

As you can see, most guys here run an 1100 and an IBS. I just run a 750 (and the stock 400 ski locker bag) and have no trouble going ropeless. It depends on how much you weigh and what board you are using and your skill level. If I was hardcore into wakesurfing, I would probably do the same as some of the others here but I am not (I prefer to wakeboard). So for my purposes, the 750 works just fine. You will probably also need a little longer fill hose.

Here are pics of the wave on both sides of my boat with just a 750 and 400.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/58a0148c.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/DSCN3229_zpsa8d62128.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/cab13367/media/DSCN3229_zpsa8d62128.jpg.html)

moombadaze
09-03-2013, 03:21 PM
. So what do i need to start shopping for??

Jeromy

ibs and 1100, nice and simple with a good solid rideable wave

JPAGE
09-04-2013, 01:05 PM
THANKS guys!! I will for sure order the 1100lb bags for the rear lockers. What is this IBS kit you speak of? I read about folks cutting out cooler to fit it? I agree that the cooler is useless for holding ice all day but we have access to ice and refill it mid day and i like not having a cooler sliding around the floor in the way. Can you use it without cutting out the cooler??Also do any of you use the stock bags for anything once they have been taken out of the lockers??

rca
09-04-2013, 02:04 PM
You don't have to cut the cooler out for the IBS. IBS stands for Integrated Bow Sack, so it goes under the front seats. A lot of us have tied our IBS fill port into our ski locker vent port so we can fill and drain using the center pump. No bags or pumps in the boat, it all looks stock.

Some people cut out the cooler and put a bag under those seats to fill. I have not done that yet. I'm pretty happy with just the 1100s and the IBS.

FFEMTP933
09-04-2013, 02:20 PM
My 1100 bag should be here tomorrow according to tracking info. I also got the check valves everyone on here recommended. I'm hoping to test it out Friday and Saturday. I plan the get the ibs and a few other things over the winter and be ready for next season.
Will there be a big different in wake with just the 1100 bag vs factory ballast (just wanted more wake to finish out this summer and do full upgrade over the winter)?

cab13367
09-04-2013, 02:40 PM
My 1100 bag should be here tomorrow according to tracking info. I also got the check valves everyone on here recommended. I'm hoping to test it out Friday and Saturday. I plan the get the ibs and a few other things over the winter and be ready for next season.
Will there be a big different in wake with just the 1100 bag vs factory ballast (just wanted more wake to finish out this summer and do full upgrade over the winter)?

With just the 1100 in the rear and the stock center bag, you can expect a much taller wave than with the stock bag in the rear. Adding weight in front (i.e., and IBS) will lenghten the wave.

rca
09-04-2013, 06:30 PM
What cab said. With the 1100s you should notice a much bigger wave with tons of push. Bow weight helps lengthen the wave.

FFEMTP933
09-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Thanks guys. Again, I plan to get the ibs in her before next season.

paulyg
10-01-2013, 03:51 PM
I have the same boat as yours. I upgraded to 800 lb bags on each side, thats the only difference. Based on how many people you describe in the boat, you are going to need a MINIMUM of two more big people in the boat. If you can put one in the front, and have two sitting on the swim pad corner, on the same side as your riding, that works the best. Steer slightly in the direction of whichever side you are loaded on. Now, just play with the wakeplate (takes a few seconds for the wave to shape up, so don't just constantly move it up and down.). Good luck

Birdman
10-14-2013, 08:49 PM
How did you rig up your ibs to run off your center locker bag? Thanks

rca
10-16-2013, 07:58 PM
I ran a new 1 inch line from the exhaust port on the center bag to the inlet on the starboard side of the IBS bag. Then I took the existing vent line from the center bag and attached that to the vent line on the starboard side of the IBS. I also put a check valve inline on the vent line. The pump fills the center bag first, then the overflow fills the IBS. When it drains it sucks it just about empty because of the check valve. Very easy and clean setup.

The only pain was pulling the 1 inch line from the center bag vent to the IBS. There's a sharp turn in the tubing under the drivers seat and it was tough getting it fed through there. But in the end, it is nice.

Ron

Woody929
10-16-2013, 08:11 PM
I did the same thing as RCA in my 12 with the addition of a bosworth valve to use for the times we didn't want to fill the IBS.

Birdman
10-18-2013, 06:30 PM
I ran a new 1 inch line from the exhaust port on the center bag to the inlet on the starboard side of the IBS bag. Then I took the existing vent line from the center bag and attached that to the vent line on the starboard side of the IBS. I also put a check valve inline on the vent line. The pump fills the center bag first, then the overflow fills the IBS. When it drains it sucks it just about empty because of the check valve. Very easy and clean setup.

The only pain was pulling the 1 inch line from the center bag vent to the IBS. There's a sharp turn in the tubing under the drivers seat and it was tough getting it fed through there. But in the end, it is nice.

Ron

Would you happen to have any picks of exactly where those hoses run?

Derrick
05-10-2015, 11:26 AM
What size isb is everyone running? Seems like everyone is running one but no one says what size. Wakemakers suggests the 500 but lists 500, 650 and 750 for a 2014 moomba mobius lsv.

brain_rinse
05-10-2015, 03:14 PM
750 Sumo for sure! Check this out: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?25663-Sumo-vs-Fly-High-bow-sacs-pics

Jeepers
07-19-2016, 06:37 PM
How did you plumb your IBS to fill from ski locker bag? Wakemakers told me it wouldn't work when I was going to do it.

mikenehrkorn
07-19-2016, 10:33 PM
Just use the vent line off your center sac as the new fill/drain for the IBS and then add a new vent line to the IBS using the thru hull that was originally used for the center sac.

mikenehrkorn
07-19-2016, 10:33 PM
^^ this assumes you have reversible pumps that is

kaneboats
07-20-2016, 10:16 AM
You can do the same thing if you don't have reversibles-- almost. Run a line from the top port on the front of your center bag up (either all the way around or drill a hole in the floor somewhere up front like I did) to the top of the IBS bag. Run a vent line from the other top port on the IBS bag back to the drain line or your center bag (pretty high up close to the outlet). I used a "Y" connector and a check valve on each side. I also drilled a new thru hull next to the one for the center drain and dedicated that to the IBS drain. I added a drain pump to the driver's side rear leg of the IBS bag. Some have added two drain pumps. My IBS is not very big so I go with one and it gets done about the same time as the center bag.

rca
07-22-2016, 10:12 AM
Just use the vent line off your center sac as the new fill/drain for the IBS and then add a new vent line to the IBS using the thru hull that was originally used for the center sac.

I did exactly what he said. I did replace the vent line with a larger size hose to the IBS. Same size as runs from the pump to the bags, I think it is 1 inch.

Also, look up suck gate on the message board here and make one. Best $25 I've ever spent on the boat.