PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass / Depth Finder

jayphxoutback
02-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Well i ordered Perfect Pass for my 2004 Outback. I cant wait to get it installed. The dealer says its a 4 hour install @ 89.00 per hour. Is this a hard install? I was thinking i would save myself the hassell and just pay the dealer to install it. But cant help myself but ask, what you guys think. Has any one on the board done this install? Also is the 2004 Outback pre wired for Perfect Pass? I must say giving up 400.00 bucks for somthing i could of installed myself will keep me up at night! Hell that is three boat payments. Or a new ski for my pop.

Oh,
Just pre ordered my new Board Trendz Mojo XL. This board looks to really work well. I cant wait to get it out for a ride. Does anyone here have that Wake Surf Board?

JoeTechie
02-11-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm sure someone has done it themselves... but I looked at what was involved... holly crap $360 is perfectly fair!

It may be something for ypu and a friend with auto repair background to do in a weekend or two... But I'd rather have it installed perfectly by someone who has done it before.

-Joe

pmann
02-19-2006, 11:22 PM
I also have a 2004 Outback. I installed Wakeboard Pro PP and a Hummingbird depth finder last year. Your boat comes pre wired, with a harness located under your dash for PP, it is almost nothing more than a plug and play setup. It will take you several minutes or more to fish your line thru from your control box that you will have to connect to your throttle linkage. The remainder of time will be adjusting linkage etc. PP website shows an installation with pics, and you will receive an install handout in your box. It took me longer to install my depth finder as I had to drill a hole, install switch, and wiring, and run cable thru (once I fished it for PP it was very easy to do). PP took about 1.5 hrs, and depth finder about 2 hrs.
Hope this is heplful.