PDA

View Full Version : Greer's Ferry Lake, Arkansas

zabooda
08-29-2013, 12:02 AM
Has anyone boated this lake? I'm inheriting a 1/2 acre lot in a community club with their own marina at Fairfield Bay and I was wondering what the boating conditions are like and water temperatures. It's rated as one of the top ten cleanest lakes in America and out west that usually means cold water. The lot is on a golf course so I guess I will take up golf.

I'm eligible to retire anytime. If I get pissed off with work, I may walk out the door. I know I would sell my boat before I move and get another one down there. Prices for boats go for a premium here.

http://www.ffbcommunityclub.com/cms/

http://somedaystartstoday.tv/cms/category/fairfield-bay-marina/

mcdye
08-29-2013, 08:33 AM
It is trashy place, just give me your lot... :)

If you’re in good finical position, I would hold on to it. FFBay is the hot spot on the lake. Big clean lake, water temps are good.

E4NASH
08-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Love Greers Ferry! Beautiful place!

KG's Supra24
08-29-2013, 09:39 AM
If you’re in good finical position, I would hold on to it. FFBay is the hot spot on the lake. Big clean lake, water temps are good.

^ This. It's a good area. No worries on the water temp.

volfo
08-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Spent time there growing up. Usually we were on the South end of the lake on the other side of the narrows near Heber Springs. The lake is beautiful, area is rural and hilly. Clean lake, at least on the south end you can usually find some calm water, it is not too cold of a lake. Main problem with it (or benefit depending on how you look at it) is that it is miles from anywhere. Very rural area. You are literally in North Bumble Arkansas.

zabooda
08-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Main problem with it (or benefit depending on how you look at it) is that it is miles from anywhere. Very rural area. You are literally in North Bumble Arkansas.

Thanks for the replies. It all sounds good to me and strangely enough being so far from civilization is good. I was concerned about the weekend warriors coming from Little Rock ripping up the water but hey I will be retired and I can leave the water on weekends to do other things. I guess I am spoiled as I don't live near a big city here so doing things on the water is usually an enjoyable time without the nut cases being out there and if they are there we are seperated by distance.

Anybody know much about dirt bike and quad riding areas as that is my second passion?

KG's Supra24
08-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Little rock weekenders get to pick between degray, Hamilton, ouachita, greers, and some others. They don't all head that way.

Once you get to know people interested in off roading, you will find alot of areas to ride. Its pretty popular here.

There is an off road park in hot springs.

http://www.orvpark.com/

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

tgoody14
09-02-2013, 01:55 AM
I actually just got back to TX from Greers!! I'm originally from Arkansas and we still have a place just down the road from FFB at Tannenbaum! We spend almost every Memorial Day and Labor Day wknd there since I was 9 weeks old.
It's a great lake. Holiday wknds can get busy, non holiday wknds aren't too bad and it's glass from Sun afternoon til Friday at 5! Water is what I consider "hot" at bath tub temps there and now that I'm on a spring/river fed lake in Tx that never gets above 75!
Also, everybody rides fourwheelers in Arkansas! Beside the highways at the lake you'll see the dirt tracks of a well worn path from all the fourwheelers driving up and down the ditches.
Only down fall that I notice now more than ever is the humidity!!! It's friggin hawwwttt! Like tryin to breathe with a wet rag over your mouth! Guess I've just gotten to spoiled down here in Texas now with no humidity and summer lasting almost 8 months.... It's horrible.... 😎😜