PDA

View Full Version : Closed today

jmvotto
08-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Closed on this last Thursday , new home, pic 1, two miles up the hill

Sold and closed our old home today, pic 2

Scary owning three homes and mortgages for a week or so.

Started this process July 15 with an offer ,not much Moomba time since then.:cry:

kaneboats
08-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Very happy you got it all done. Woo hoo! I know what a pain in the arse it all is these days. I went through 6 months of torture last year after we had our house sold. Tried buying a short sale and ran into issue after issue after issue. Had to live in a temporary house for 6 months (foreclosure I rented from a buddy of mine). Not easy moving the family around a couple of times and dealing with all of your stuff too. The whole affair just disrupts your life. Just fantastic being done and in the new house. So happy for you and the family!

motosno963
08-23-2013, 09:31 PM
well i know where im staying at on the weekends lol

brain_rinse
08-23-2013, 09:32 PM
New place looks awesome! Congrats!

EricU
08-23-2013, 09:35 PM
...Scary owning three homes and mortgages for a week or so...

Yeah! I guess so! Now just get the move done and you will be ready for next season!

Congratulations! Real nice looking place!

I see you are in Keuka Lake, NY, is that a boatable lake? I have always wanted to live on some body of water, river or lake, but it just isn't doable here in California.

jmvotto
08-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Thanks guys, few more boxes to either unpack or toss.

It could not have worked any better, bought the new house the day it went on the market, and ours sold in three business days from listing. Just a lot of stuff to move in such a quick period, expected to be at the lake house on those weekends, but when an opportunity exists, you jump.

PAt I could not imagine being homeless for 6 months with a full family, that may have put me over the edge.

Eric, yes it is boatable, it's our summer home about 60 miles away.

20 miles long, 1 to 1.5 miles wide and 125 ft deep, and the shoreline is covered with residences.

https://www.google.com/search?q=keuka+lake&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

wolfeman131
08-24-2013, 08:03 AM
Sweet!

We also had 3 mortgages for awhile and that sucked. Lived in house 1 while renovating house 2 and kids finished up the school year, which all worked nice except for the stress.

maxpower220
08-24-2013, 09:00 AM
Fortunately, I was too dumb to know the stress of having 6 mortgages with 4 of them rented, one for sale, and one empty. While, I was renting in San Diego.

In the end, everything worked out and I didn't really have a lot of stress.

Congrats.

04OUTBACK
08-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Congrats joe..
all the talk of multiple mortgages scares me!.. I'm renting in Baton rouge! Plan is to keep renting so I can build lakehouse! if the boathouse EVER finishes!!

rdlangston13
08-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Congrats man! That looks like a beautiful place to be! I'm getting scared of the one mortgage I am about to have. I can't even imagine three!

Sent from my iPhone

Cigars n scotch
08-24-2013, 09:28 PM
Congratulations on the new house, it is really nice and I like it! Side load garage, big enough to fit the boat or do you keep it at the summer house? We're house hunting now, what a pain. Major requirement is a 25 ft deep garage, only found two properties thus far that meet the criteria. We'll find one eventually. Enjoy the new place!

jmvotto
08-24-2013, 09:40 PM
3 car garage, but we have three cars , teenagers driving soon, plus not sure the boat old make the angle

No garage at lake house so it lives at the dealer winterization and indoor storage.