PDA

View Full Version : Ballasts

Carts17
08-20-2013, 10:05 PM
I recently bought an 07 Outback V and I love it except I can not get the rear ballasts to empty. If I turn on the switch to empty I do not hear anything. Are there pumps for both filling and emptying?

REDFIVE48
08-21-2013, 08:19 AM
I recently bought an 07 Outback V and I love it except I can not get the rear ballasts to empty. If I turn on the switch to empty I do not hear anything. Are there pumps for both filling and emptying?

I know the answer is yes, but don't ask me where the drain pumps are on your boat. On my 06 I think (never actually looked for them) they are behind the panel between the vdrive locker and the back seat pretty near the hull thru hole. Bet if you traced the hose thru the engine compartment you would find them after maybe taking off a panel.

My boat has a single fill pump that fills all 3 bags depending on the switches that are active.

kaneboats
08-21-2013, 10:02 AM
You may have a fuse right on the panel. You also have fuses up under the dash. Need to check them. The pump itself should be mounted in the engine compartment just below the floor level. Trace the drain line from the bottom of the bag to the pump and see if it is getting power. If it is and it's not coming on you will have to replace the pump. If this is an '07 it's probably time. WalMart carries a Rule 700 that will work great and usually a 1000 or 1200 that would be a lot faster for just a few more bucks. (My local Wally did not have the 1200 when I needed one but had free ship to store so it was about $37). If you have more questions, just post them here.

Carts17
08-22-2013, 08:05 AM
Thanks I will try that.