PDA

View Full Version : mobius or outback v

Flee27
08-17-2013, 09:15 PM
What are the main differences in the performance I could expect between these 2 boats. I have lake house and like the smaller boat. Don't need to load a lot of people for the day. Also like the price of the Outback V.

New to this type of boat and appreciated any advice I can get.

Thanks

Foster

kaneboats
08-19-2013, 09:26 AM
What year are you talking about? 2014?

mikenehrkorn
08-19-2013, 09:59 AM
What are the main differences in the performance I could expect between these 2 boats. I have lake house and like the smaller boat. Don't need to load a lot of people for the day. Also like the price of the Outback V.

New to this type of boat and appreciated any advice I can get.

Thanks

Foster

I will preface my comments by saying that I have not ridden in the Mobius and I'm sure it's equally well-crafted like the OBV.

I have had my OBV for about a month now with around 20 hrs and so far I haven't found anything that it can't do. I'm coming from a 18' I/O to my first inboard and am pretty much in love with the OBV. It seems to have all the "tricks" (i.e. wakeboarding, skiing, surfing and even tubing) and excelled at them all. You might need to make some upgrades to get the best wave for surfing (like bigger ballast bags) but it performs pretty well in the surfing area as well.

There are probably others on this board that can speak to the Mobius but I would put in my vote for the OBV with its much nicer price tag and ability to fit in my garage!!!

Flee27
08-19-2013, 01:48 PM
Was hoping to get a extra good deal on a 2013. Have found a dealer with a 2012 that I am having them work up a deal on. Are there any changes in th 2014 I should be aware of?

Thanks for the help
Foster

costanza
08-23-2013, 05:32 PM
Hey there Foster, welcome to the forum... I purchases a 2013 OBV because of price point, and because I thought I would mostly wakeboard with it... The mobius is larger and has more storage room. It comes with larger default ballasts and better stereo features (only controls in OBV stock is in passenger side box, not a big deal but pain in butt for volume and changing songs - champagne problems!). Engine is the same on both boats...

I love my OBV, but if I knew then what I know now I would have gone for möbius. We now only surf and haven't brought the wakeboards out for over a month... the surfing is great fun!!! I've upgraded my ballasts to 750's in the back and it makes a big difference for our boat, but if you're main pleasure will be surfing, I would have gone for the bigger boat.

You really can't go wrong with either!!!

Keep us posted if you pull the trigger on a purchase... Good luck!

parrothd
08-23-2013, 06:20 PM
I'm in the same boat, should've got the newer lsv. My 2002 lsv is the same as the outback. It's a great boat but once you start surfing you'll want the lsv. It has a longer surf pocket...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ian ashton
08-23-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm in the same boat, should've got the newer lsv. My 2002 lsv is the same as the outback. It's a great boat but once you start surfing you'll want the lsv. It has a longer surf pocket...

2002 LSV is not the same as 2009+ OBV

If you want to ski, OBV all the way. The LSV ski wake is brutal.

I have a 2013 OBV and love it!

parrothd
08-23-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm going to guess the lsv still has a better wake and surf wake than the outback.. :)

ian ashton
08-24-2013, 08:00 AM
I'd imagine so, since its a bigger boat. I'm a weirdo, I ordered my DD with ballast in 2008, and my V without ballast in 2013, lol