PDA

View Full Version : new boat owner

Aubrey
02-07-2006, 09:29 PM
I just picked up my new 2005 sunset orange Outback. I can't wait to get her in the water this spring and swap stories with you guys.
(I also picked up a new lift to keep my baby high and dry)

Aubrey

Jon
02-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Congrats. I've seen a sunset orange Outback on the water before and it looks great. What kind of goodies did you get on it? Hope you enjoy.

stang67
02-07-2006, 10:41 PM
I'm jealous everyone is getting new boats. At least there will be more of us out on the water!!

Like Jon said, what extras?

Aubrey
02-07-2006, 11:05 PM
It has: 325mpi, tower, ballast, wake plate, depth finder, bimini, bow & cockpit covers, full cover, water strainer, ss rub rail, pop up cleats, stereo & tower speekers, perfect pass and wakeboard racks.

Aubrey

stang67
02-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Sweet, got it loaded. You'll have a great time with it. If you can get us some pictures too.....

Eric

Aubrey
02-08-2006, 12:36 AM
You bet I'll get some pictures posted as soon as I can. It is snowing hard up here in Canada and I've got it in the garage. (I get to walk by it every morning when I go to work..... it's not as great as starting the day with a slalom set, but it will get me by for now). I'm a die-hard slalom skier but I just started playing with a wakeboard last fall. This winter I gave my board to a guy that does air brushing and he did a custom design to match the boat colors. I have'nt seen it yet, but he said it is done. I'll post a picture of it too when I get it back.

Aubrey

freyse
02-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Hey I too bought a new 2005 outback sunset just heading down to pick it up next weekend .I also am from Canada not quite as loaded as yours but I am also pumped for 2006 and the new toy.I live in Saskatchewan so won't be on the water in the near future most likely around May long weekend if lucky and wet suit still fits.

Aubrey
02-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Hey Freyse, congrats on your new boat, where in Saskatchewan are you? I'm in Virden Manitoba.

Aubrey

sickmobV
02-08-2006, 10:17 PM
It sounds like you and I got the same pkg deal. God bless those boat show inscentives. Congrats Aubrey!

wruss
02-08-2006, 10:24 PM
I picked up my new 06' Outback Brittany Blue and sandrock with 325 HP EZ Cruise, Tower, Board racks, Tower Speakers, Sirius Radio, Depth Finder, Ballast, Pop up Cleats. I picked it up about two weeks ago and have taken it out twice. Runs good trying to break it in before spring. Not too cold in the south right now. :)

Aubrey
02-08-2006, 11:18 PM
I look forward to you guys posting some pics of your new rides. It will be a few months before I get mine out of the garage, but when I do, I'll be sure to post a picture.

Aubrey

freyse
02-09-2006, 12:13 AM
I live in Saskatoon we have a cabin 2 hrs north of Saskatoon at a great quiet lake just out side of Waskiseu which is the national park in Saskatchewan.I bought my boat out of Fargo ND ,Mclaughlins was the dealer ,what was it like bringing boat across the border still looking forward to dealing with the border crossing myself.

Aubrey
02-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Freyse
You should'nt have much trouble at the border. As long as you have the separate bills of sale and titles for the boat and trailer, they should'nt give you a hard time.(I'm assuming you know that you have to pay all your tax at the boarder). They went through all our stuff and looked through the boat, but it was 12:30 in the morning when we crossed. I called Mclaughlins too, but they said they only had a yellow 05 left and I was quite partial to orange. What options did you get? I have a 1994 Supra open bow inboard to sell now, so if you hear of anyone looking for good boat let them know.

Aubrey

freyse
02-09-2006, 11:43 PM
Just wondering where you purchased your Outback from? My 05 has tower the 325 motor ,stainless rub rail,depth gauge ,stereo and remote,moomba logo cover,perfect pass and it is the sunset orange color ,single axle swing away tongue trailer.Also wanting to know what type of light hook up is it on the trailer 4prong or 3 prong plug?;)

Aubrey
02-09-2006, 11:50 PM
I got it from Forest Lake Marine in Forest Lake Minnesota (about 15 miles north of Mineapolis). It sounds like our boats are almost identical. How long ago did you make the deal on yours? I had called Mclaughlins in Nov. but as I said they only had a yellow one. (you are probably thinking the same thing I am right now..... $$$$$????).

Are you still going this weekend? There is a major storm in Fargo right now.

Aubrey

Aubrey
02-09-2006, 11:52 PM
Oh, I forgot to tell you, it is a 5 prong plug. The 5th prong is to be hooked to your rev. lights. It releases the trailer brakes when you back up. The boat should come with a new plug, but you will be fine getting home with the flat 4 plug.

Aubrey

freyse
02-09-2006, 11:57 PM
No I am planning on going down next Friday weather permitting and hoping to be back by late Saturday night.Straight up boat cost 28000$ but was at the time able to get exchange rate of low through a buddies company so I did well there and was told that I should get back state Taxes.All I can say is saved a shit load compaired to buying anything up here even with having to pick it up from the states.

Aubrey
02-10-2006, 12:38 AM
you got a good deal. I paid 1000$ and have a couple other options. You are right about saving a shit load compared to buying up here. I found there were no 2005s left at the Can. dealers anyway. My closest Can. dealer would be the same distance as Forest Lake anyway.

mattva65
02-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Picked up my 05 Mobius LSV yesterday. Can't wait til warm weather. Has PP wakeboard pro, 325hp, wake plate, flip up drivers seat, 3 bag ballast, 6 speakers.
I ordered Tower speaker (infinity 6100m) seperately cause I thought it was a better deal. Anyone have the infinity's?

Is the Ballest enough ?

mattva65
02-10-2006, 01:28 PM
I keep getting this error when I try to upload the pic.

The upload of the file 'mobius 2c 002.jpg' did not complete correctly. Go back and try again

JoeTechie
02-10-2006, 03:31 PM
I do not think the board is accepting uploads anymore.

You can email me the pics, and I will host them for you, and send you back a link to use.

email here:
[email protected]

-J

mattva65
02-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Thanks Joe !:)