PDA

View Full Version : Tower Speaker Install

AL02REDMOBLSV
02-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Well, I started the install on the tower speakers. I do not think I did it the way they are done normally, but I wanted to go for a real clean "wireless" look. I used Audioformz loaded with Polks. Anyway, I made a webpage to show the progress. Let me know if you see any issues with the webpage.

Also, please give me any suggestions or concerns you may see with what I have done!!!

Click the link to view my progress!!! ---> Moomba Tower Speaker Project (http://www.lisaandjesse.5u.com/MoombaTowerProject/index.htm)

Nafplio
02-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Very nice and clean looking man. From what I've read so far, the polk speakers are excellent. I wish you'd posted earlier. Last Tuesady I ordered a set of Fusion T-25's and two racks from wakeside. Got a nice kicker amp from the local circuit city and ordered a depth finder, a battery box, and a perko switch from the nearby dealer. So far, I've only got the speakers. They look really cool but they are pre-wired. I really like how you routed the wire through the bolt.
The dealer guys are very cool but their installation fees are obsene, $188 to put in the depth finder. So, I'll be doing everything myself. Which is really cool since my oldest is showing a real interest in helping dad with the boat. I will probably upgrade the boat speakers as well but probably next year. Where are you installing your amps?

AL02REDMOBLSV
02-06-2006, 01:50 PM
I have the amp rack built, but I have not gotten that far yet. I plan on istalling it behind that little half wall that is across from the battery. If someone opens the cushion that is in front of the radio and looks in, all you will see is about a quarter section of the lower amp. I do not want them visible and I do not want to loose that space next to the battery...we use it for storage...Camers and things. The amp rack bolts to the bolts that are sticking out from behind the cushions in the bow. It appears that the cushions have about a 3" bolt that sticks through. I mounted the amps one above the other and made fastners that slid over the cushion bolts to keep it in place.
I am going out of town Wednesday so I will not get to work on it for a while, but I will update the pics when I get closer!!