PDA

View Full Version : Owners Reunions

scmarketing
02-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Looking for some input.

We are considering hosting several owners reunions in 06.

Southeast ... Lake Norman, Charlotte, NC
Southwest ... Lake LBJ, Marble Falls, TX
West ... Lake Havasu, AZ (Surfside and Island Marine current event)
Northwest ... Lake Roosevelt, OR
Midwest ... Lake Wauwasee, Syracuse, IN
Florida ... existing event with Ed G

Looking for feedback. Timing. Locations? What would make it the best experience for you?

Let's get together ad have fun ... no worries.

SC Marketing
________
Ducati 888 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Ducati_888)

Yellowmobius
02-05-2006, 03:25 PM
If you can come up with a location closer to ND I would be in.
There are many nice lakes in Minnesota.

Lpfeil
02-05-2006, 04:35 PM
SCMarketing,

In the Nortwest region do you meen Lake Roosevelt in Washington ? If so I would sure be interesting in attending.

Larry

stang67
02-05-2006, 05:51 PM
What about the Northeast area, NC is a little far, but could be worth it.....

Just my 2cents

Nafplio
02-05-2006, 06:27 PM
SCmarketing,
Regarding Northwest, Lake Roosevelt is fine. Second weekend in August would be great. I'd like some sort of wakesurfing clinic. Please see Ed's comments on the other post about that. Also, something fun for the kids.
Very cool you are considering sponsoring. Every interaction I had with SC or things I've heard from others, have been very positive. It would be great to meet some of the SC folks.

NH Moomba
02-06-2006, 12:57 AM
How about the Northeast? Maybe lake Winni in Nh?

Andy

zabooda
02-06-2006, 03:11 AM
In the Northwest, Lake Roosevelt is excellent for people to get together but if there is marketing in this then Roosevelt is too isolated for a large turnout. Also, working with the US Park Service is rather challenging when it comes to anything out of the ordinary. The Coeur d'Alene area is a more populated area with a Moomba dealer nearby in Post Falls. The Tri-Cities in eastern Washington where I live would be an excellent place also with the Snake and Columbia Rivers. People come from all over the Northwest for the unlimited hydro racing and 100 degree heat. The drawback is there is a new Moomba dealer here that may be overwelmed at this time from my experience with them. I would try to make it wherever it is in the Northwest as I haven't found a skiing lake aound here that I didn't like. Good luck.

future
02-06-2006, 10:50 PM
I will go anywhere in the northwest if it's not too far away but can I suggest detroit lake knida by salem or

Mobidick
02-06-2006, 11:51 PM
I agree with zabooda. Tri-Cities would make a great location with the weather and plenty of park and campground space.

jburnside
02-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Midwest location in Syracuse Indiana looks very do-able for us coming in from the Detroit MI area. I vote for the end of July or early August.

future
02-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Where is roosevelt I can't find it on my map thanks in advance for your help. MOOMBAS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoeTechie
02-08-2006, 04:11 AM
http://www.lrf.org/Rec/Rec-LakeMap.html

moombadaze
02-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Hey Ed G, we could do the florida jamboree and then if lake norman in NC
is a little later in the summer make that one-whole day drive maybe to NC.

stacy

Buttafewcoe
02-09-2006, 07:11 AM
There is a get-together on Norman but I'm not exactly sure when it is. Heck, one of the magazines showed the biggest 'rafting' line of boats on Norman a couple years back. I don't know if it's still the record, tho.
It's be way cool. Us Carolinians be a fine hoard to hang with.
B

Nboard10
02-09-2006, 01:04 PM
jburnside,

Your from Detroit - we are in Toledo - what about organizing one somewhere in southern MI or in Ohio. I live off of the Maumee River...not the prettiest to look at - but always glass. Hardly a ripple... offers consistant riding.

But - I also know there are plenty of lakes in Michigan.....

jburnside
02-09-2006, 01:19 PM
I tried briefly last summer to get something organized in the Metro Detroit area but I did'nt get much response. I'd love to get something going around here with just Moomba and Supra boats. Some people over on wakesiderides.com are gonna meet up this spring on Belleville Lake but it will most likely be dominated by Malibu and MC boats. Let's see if anyone else is interested.

METRO DETROIT & NORTHERN OHIO can you hear me now???

future
02-09-2006, 08:09 PM
For the nw it would also be nice if the lake had waterfront camping so the boats could be pulled right up to your site. There are some lakes that have very little or no lakefront camping like billy chinook for example. And I don't really want to launch and pull out everyday.

moombadaze
02-09-2006, 09:14 PM
hey Ed, are you set on the date of 5-21 or would 6-4 be out of the question??
my daughter has a dance recital on the 21st-so i may get out voted on what
we do on that day-she has been practicing every saturday for the last 8 months.

have not heard from lance, he sure sounded like it was going to happen-buying
the boat that is.

Lance are you out there reading this?????would like to meet up again.
have not heard from swairlines(jeff) either.-dont know if he sold his boat.

anyway--very cool that skiers choice is getting a big ball rolling this year-CANT WAIT.

VERY HAPPY MOOMBA OWNER

stacy

J B G
02-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Does anyone have any feelings about having a reunion at Lake Coeur d'Alene for the Northwest???

Swairlines
02-12-2006, 02:18 AM
Stacy,

I'm still here. I pop in every once in a while. Have learned a few hard lessons here so I try to keep kinda quiet these days and sit and see what happens.

I did speak to Brian Raymond the other day about my custom light bar that I built myself (was asking about a higher output alternator and a dual battery set-up). At the time that we spoke Brian did NOT know of the specifics of the 2nd Annual Jamboree.

I, as well of many others here, would love to get some info so I can start planning my summer.

Hope things are well with you and your family. Been busy here with work and all. Have NOT sold the boat. Will be keeping it for at least another season. Got a deal going with a CFI (certified flight instructor) who's gonna teach me to fly for FREE if I take him out wakeboarding during the summer. I think that's a pretty damn good deal since his hourly rate is approximately $30. I start flying on Monday, 13 Feb.

Catch you later.

Jeff

moombadaze
02-12-2006, 12:36 PM
jeff, glad to hear from you and to hear you still a moomba owner.

ed- give us the scoop as soon you can.

cant wait for the weather to warm up to get out.

still looking to hear nfrom lance

stacy

Swairlines
02-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Ed GJeff!

Good to hear from you and good to hear you haven't sold your boat.

I'll be in Tampa in two weeks running the Bank Of America Marathon again.
You gonna be on the SW airlines float this year?

If your around town in the evening, I'll be at the Hyatt bar around 6:00 PM Saturday stocking up on carbohydrates.

Folks involved with planning are intentionally being tight lipped about the jamunions.

I'm scheduled to have a chat with "SC Marketing" this week.
e

Ed,

I really don't want to sell a BRAND NEW boat. But my left shoulder injury from work isnt getting any better. Just have to wait and see what happens to that.

As for the marathon I will NOT be on the Southwest Airlines float. I'm way up in Pasco County. I try NOT to make it all the way into town on my days off.

If ya get any interesting info about this year's Jambo let us know.

Gotta run since I'm at work. How about the predicted low tonight of high 20's. Might even snow in the next day or two. If that happens the last time it did snow in Tampa was way back in 1979.

Catch ya laterz,

Jeff

Swairlines
02-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Ed,

I might be interested in those racks..... Are those from last year's Jambo?

Jeff

pickle311
02-15-2006, 12:32 AM
For the Southwest, I would recommend Lake Buchanan mainly because it's bigger than LBJ and still in the same general area. Reguardless, I'll be there. I'm only an hour and a half away in Austin. I've never been to LBJ so I really can't comment on that lake though. Just give me a date and I'm there.

scmarketing
02-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Folks:

We are working on it. Not sure if we will walk or run this year ... meaning one or three or five reunions.
Expect that any 'official' factory reunion will be held in the Fall. Have lots of good ideas and intentions,
but don't want to put something on that everyone won't be proud to attend.

We appreciate your input and look forward to seeing you all at an owner's reunion in either '06 or '07.
More information to come as we pull each event together.

SCMARKETING
________
buy herbalaire vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/herbalaire-vaporizer)

NAW
06-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Just wondering if there has been any movement on any of the proposed reunions?

Nice to see a proposed midwest site in Indiana....I'd go.

If anything becomes official, where will we learn about it?

mattjj23
06-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Lake Cour de Alene would be the best spot for the northwest or the columbia river in the Tri-cities.