PDA

View Full Version : Hello All - New to the Site and Moomba - from SE Pennsylvania

clarkely
08-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself as i am a New Moomba owner of a used 2006 Mobius LS

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/clarkely/Boat%20Moomba/20130806_112327.jpg (http://s291.photobucket.com/user/clarkely/media/Boat%20Moomba/20130806_112327.jpg.html)

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/clarkely/Boat%20Moomba/20130806_112312.jpg (http://s291.photobucket.com/user/clarkely/media/Boat%20Moomba/20130806_112312.jpg.html)

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/clarkely/Boat%20Moomba/20130806_164903.jpg (http://s291.photobucket.com/user/clarkely/media/Boat%20Moomba/20130806_164903.jpg.html)

brain_rinse
08-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the club!

Salyers
08-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Welcome. Love the LS and the red.

EricU
08-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Welcome to the club!

What he means is "Welcome to the ZOO"

Nice looking setup, you will love it! I have had some other nice boats (Sanger, Natiques and shhhh! a Tige) the ride and wake on these boats are awesome!

Just be prepared for the future mods and zipper effect that you will get hooked on by reading this forum.

Stereos (Kenwood, Polk, Wetsounds, Exile all duking it out!)
Ballast
Perfect Pass
LEDs
SeaDek (or Gator Grip)
Biminis
Exercise poles
On board chargers (I have a pretty nice single line if you do get to that point)
ACRs (Blue Seas)
Wiring diagrams
Rotating seat
Graphics
Fricken Coolers with full blown stereos
Extra batteries
Transom Straps
Fulton jack (stay away from the F2, the wheels are junk)
Fulton Winch
Ski Mirrors
Rotating board racks
OTRATTW switch covers
Laser etched Moomba pop up cleats
Interior pieces (Don't look at Berg's boat!!!)
Polisher (Theres a guy that did an old 98 resto -WOW!)
Props (like potato chips, you cant just have one)
Domed Numbers
SpeakerSox/Speaker covers
Fuse blocks

And I am sure there are others that I have missed...

Anyway, great looking boat and WELCOME....

clarkely
08-07-2013, 09:28 PM
What he means is "Welcome to the ZOO"

Nice looking setup, you will love it! I have had some other nice boats (Sanger, Natiques and shhhh! a Tige) the ride and wake on these boats are awesome!

Just be prepared for the future mods and zipper effect that you will get hooked on by reading this forum.

And I am sure there are others that I have missed...
Anyway, great looking boat and WELCOME....

Thanks - and check out my camper mods and truck mods on sigs in my future - you will see I love to MOD :)

Stereos (Kenwood, Polk, Wetsounds, Exile all duking it out!) Has a kenwood
Ballast Has two ballast tanks and one ballast bag
Perfect Pass Has it
LEDs - they will come as my truck and camper or all LED except for HID headlights ....
SeaDek (or Gator Grip)
Biminis Has one
Exercise poles
On board chargers (I have a pretty nice single line if you do get to that point)
ACRs (Blue Seas)
Wiring diagrams
Rotating seat
Graphics
Fricken Coolers with full blown stereos
Extra batteries I plan on this
Transom Straps Got them
Fulton jack (stay away from the F2, the wheels are junk)
Fulton Winch
Ski Mirrors ordered a XTP Monster with morror
Rotating board racks
OTRATTW switch covers
Laser etched Moomba pop up cleats Has them
Interior pieces (Don't look at Berg's boat!!!)
Polisher (Theres a guy that did an old 98 resto -WOW!)
Props (like potato chips, you cant just have one) Plan on another
Domed Numbers
SpeakerSox/Speaker covers - Plan on amps and tower speakers and tower lights .....and probably a new stereo
Fuse blocks

Looks like i am well on my way :)

Sharpshooter
08-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Welcome to the site, it can be more addictive than Facebook

kaneboats
08-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Wow! Nice looking Moomba and nice cover too. You are going to fit right in around here! Welcome!

viking
08-08-2013, 12:46 AM
Welcome. We have alot of the same toys!! Didn't know about the camper forum. Thanks for that as my wallet is already pretty much emptied :)

kaneboats
08-08-2013, 01:27 AM
Welcome. We have alot of the same toys!! Didn't know about the camper forum. Thanks for that as my wallet is already pretty much emptied :)

Hey! He's go an Outback and a Mobius LS. Wow.

EricU
08-08-2013, 02:01 AM
Stereos (Kenwood, Polk, Wetsounds, Exile all duking it out!) Has a kenwood The Speaker and amp bug will bite.

Ballast Has two ballast tanks and one ballast bag You'll go bigger bags, more pumps...

Perfect Pass Has it One of the best "requirements" but is it GPS?

LEDs - they will come as my truck and camper or all LED except for HID headlights .... Truck LEDs don't count, the LEDs will come with the speaker bug

Exercise poles Apparently this is a new "must have", and I highly recommend one!!

Extra batteries I plan on this Easy mod and ad the ACR and on-board charger at the same time

Ski Mirrors ordered a XTP Monster with morror Get the new one piece mirror, I LOVE mine, you cant believe the difference and how nice they are.

Rotating board racks [I]Another highly recommended mod

Props (like potato chips, you cant just have one) Plan on another You will want to contact MLA and ACME when you add 3,000+ lbs of ballast

SpeakerSox/Speaker covers - Plan on amps and tower speakers and tower lights .....and probably a new stereo Ahhhh! the great Kicker/Wetsounds/Exile debate!!
Fuse blocks You will need this when you add five reversibles

I have a few other hobbies as well, including an old vette, racing, mountain biking etc, etc, blah, blah, blah -- But this board has to be the funniest of them all (also a LOT of knowledge)

Again, really nice boat --- Now go get it wet and post some pics!!

mmandley
08-08-2013, 06:21 AM
Welcome sharp looking boat and truck man.

moombadaze
08-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Welcome to the madness

nice intro with pics to boot--that is the way to do it.

clarkely
08-08-2013, 07:33 AM
[LIST]

Exercise poles Apparently this is a new "must have", and I highly recommend one!!

Ski Mirrors ordered a XTP Monster with morror [I]Get the new one piece mirror, I LOVE mine, you cant believe the difference and how nice they are.

Again, really nice boat --- Now go get it wet and post some pics!!

It will be on the water this weekend ..... will be at a friends lake house...... friend is a mastercraft guy ....had a 2008 X45 and now he has a new X45

Exercise Poles - LMAO

Educate me on the mirror you are referring to ......

Welcome to the site, it can be more addictive than Facebook

LOL - I got off of FB - to much drama ....and it pulls me away from my hobby websites.....

Question - I need a depth finder - easy to put the moomba one on? I like to know how much anchor rope to figure on and how deep i am in or not.......

moombadaze
08-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Question - I need a depth finder - easy to put the moomba one on? I like to know how much anchor rope to figure on and how deep i am in or not.......

did this on my 08, ordered the 2" round humming bird? model from bass pro shops, my gauge panel had a blank filler gauge in one of the holes, fit perfect, wired it so when the boat was on it was on-super simple. mounted the transducer right in front of the engine with 5200. works great to this day

clarkely
08-08-2013, 09:49 AM
did this on my 08, ordered the 2" round humming bird? model from bass pro shops, my gauge panel had a blank filler gauge in one of the holes, fit perfect, wired it so when the boat was on it was on-super simple. mounted the transducer right in front of the engine with 5200. works great to this day

You do thru hull or in hole?

I just ordered the Faria SS white - choose thru hole .... I like to put holes in things :) and figure it has to be more accurate....

moombadaze
08-08-2013, 12:49 PM
You do thru hull or in hole?

I just ordered the Faria SS white - choose thru hole .... I like to put holes in things :) and figure it has to be more accurate....

thru hull, pretty dang accurate. glued the puck in place and no issues

clarkely
08-08-2013, 03:57 PM
thru hull, pretty dang accurate. glued the puck in place and no issues

If you have an underside photo - please share :) i would appreciate it :)

Nothing like the confidence of drilling a hole in a hull - like seeing where others did theirs.....

KG's Supra24
08-08-2013, 04:00 PM
nice intro with pics to boot--that is the way to do it.

Agreed! Welcome aboard!

moombadaze
08-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Nothing like the confidence of drilling a hole in a hull - like seeing where others did theirs.....

Dang, must of used the wrong term. the puck sits on the inside of the hull, no holes drilled for it. Sorry

clarkely
08-08-2013, 05:30 PM
i figure thru hull has to be more accurate and better than in hull ......... it will be here early next week ...... so i am putting a hole in the Hull ... nothing like just getting it and drilling through it :)

for others that have - any input and photos are appreciated :)

clarkely
08-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Dang, must of used the wrong term. the puck sits on the inside of the hull, no holes drilled for it. Sorry

By how you described what you did .... i thought it might be in hull - not through hull.....

E4NASH
08-08-2013, 05:42 PM
i figure thru hull has to be more accurate and better than in hull ......... it will be here early next week ...... so i am putting a hole in the Hull ... nothing like just getting it and drilling through it :)

for others that have - any input and photos are appreciated :)

The first hole is always the worst one. After its out of the way you'll realize that holes are no biggie...at least I did.

clarkely
08-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Yeah not really to concerned..... Will probably put next to bilge..... Starboard side of center... Looks like decent access for a hole saw and "duck drill"

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2