PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Krypt Swoop tower or DIY Pro Wake tower for 97 OB

SWGA Boater
08-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Looking at some tower options for my new to family 97 Outback. Two towers that I have narrowed down to are the Krypt Swoop or the DIY Pro Wake tower. Would love to have a factory or ND tower but there are a little pricey. Tried searching the web and different forums but can't find much info on these towers on an Outback.

Any thoughts or pictures would be appreciated!

Ansley

kaneboats
08-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Discussion here might interest you:

http://forums.iboats.com/wakeboarding/diy-pro-wake-vs-krypt-pro-air-towers-439144.html

SWGA Boater
08-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the link. I had not come across that post. I have an existing bimini that I took off a MC Prostar that I have. I was hoping I could use it on the OB, but the OB is slightly wider and the bimini will not fold forward of the windshield--foldng back is fine.

Do you think it would be possible to use the bimini with one of the towers I posted? Bimini closed it could be strapped to the tower front or rear leg?

I saw you are from Tallahassee. I am from Bainbridge. Do you go to the Flint often?

Ansley

maxpower220
08-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Did someone say Flint River?

kaneboats
08-06-2013, 11:18 PM
That's where we roll! Post up a pic of your boat and I'll look for you this weekend. We were shooting for Fri. but the A/C is out at the house and that is messing up the whole week. Still trying to salvage Fri. or Sat. though. If you see me, flag me down!

SWGA Boater
08-07-2013, 07:06 PM
I do not have a picture yet, but it is a white OB with navy old block lettering. I think I will be able to modify the bimini off my Prostar, so look for the white OB with a black bimini.

Ansley

kaneboats
08-07-2013, 11:57 PM
Will do. Look for this big family having a blast on the LSV!