PDA

View Full Version : Any one got a old kenwood KTS-MP400MR laying around

JONBLARC7
08-05-2013, 10:01 AM
I need the stock KTS-MP400MR kenwood head unit to replace the one I have now that is acting up. It has power but won't come on every time. I tried to see if any of the supra guy's had one but no luck and ebay hasn't been much better either, most of those are already broken.

nhirsch
10-10-2015, 02:32 PM
I need the stock KTS-MP400MR kenwood head unit to replace the one I have now that is acting up. It has power but won't come on every time. I tried to see if any of the supra guy's had one but no luck and ebay hasn't been much better either, most of those are already broken.

I'm looking for almost the opposite. I need the unit to power up. Suddenly have no power but it was working up till today. Actually I have the KTS-300MR but I think the head unit is the same.

sivs1
10-10-2015, 08:29 PM
if I still have it, might take a bit to find it, I should have it somewhere.

sivs1
10-12-2015, 11:39 AM
I can't find it. Not to say I don't have it, could be buried in storage somewhere, but chances of me digging through stuff wont happen until spring.

pridekit
10-12-2015, 01:00 PM
I had a broken one (would restart if you took the volume above 25, but only after it had been on for a few minutes and warmed up). I ended up just replacing it, it's not the prettiest job in the world, but it works. A friend of mine was able to get his hands on scrap starboard from work, we cut it to fill the opening/indent in the dash, then cut a hole in it for a JBL PRV-175 (or something similar, I can't remember the exact model now).

gregski
10-13-2015, 02:55 PM
I need the stock KTS-MP400MR kenwood head unit to replace the one I have now that is acting up.
You may have another reason for wanting the exact same stock model but if you're thinking about the wired remotes, you can use another Kenwood model and they should be compatible and use the same wiring connector so that installation would be a no-brainer.

Eagle Bluff
04-03-2021, 04:36 PM
I have one straight out of the packaging.