PDA

View Full Version : Jet Skiers...

rdlangston13
07-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Stole this from the Supra forum, unfreaking believable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_nDPt3zTmI

94Boom
07-30-2013, 11:40 PM
God I hope she was ok. Too bad you can't fix stupid. Stupid thing is a person with little boating experience will never ask to drive your boat, but will ask to take your sea doo out for a rip. Smaller doesn't mean safer does it.

Brian

86century
07-31-2013, 09:30 AM
The moron on the jet ski would no longer be among us.

Props to the person on the board for trying to dive out of the way. Most would have froze.

N2OGTO
07-31-2013, 10:12 AM
I already have a strong dislike for jet skiers bc for the most part, they are dangerous, uninformed, no common sense having ass clowns that think its funny to splash people with water and ride too close to others. That jet skier would have mysteriously fell off his jet ski and drowned if I would have witnessed that. Seeing this makes my blood boil.

bzubke1
07-31-2013, 11:15 AM
I have no patience for jet skiers following while pulling a rider.

bergermaister
07-31-2013, 11:27 AM
OMG - I don't care if that rider was 14 or 40 I would have whipped around for my boarder and then been on then like stink on dogshit. Damn.

chawk610
07-31-2013, 11:35 AM
That made my face hot! OMFG, I really hope that dude got his A@@ beat! Trying not to imagine that was my kiddo.

hgvandy
07-31-2013, 11:46 AM
We had this exact thing happen to us at the lake a couple of weeks ago and the jet skier missed my niece by inches. I whipped around and everyone in the boat, including myself, were yelling at him. He drove off with his hands in the air because he had heard enough. Funny thing was, I watched him pull up to a private dock that had a Moomba on a lift. I am guessing he was visiting and it was the Moomba owner's jet ski, because the man at the dock was yelling at him as well and made him get off the jet ski. I try to be tolerant of the jet skiers and have no problem with them jumping my wake if I am not pulling someone and if they keep their distance. Why is it so hard to figure out for these idiots. I am getting mad just thinking about it.

wolfeman131
07-31-2013, 12:43 PM
The thing about a lake is, there isn't an easy escape. I've tracked them down, addressed the person and made sure the owner of the ski is aware of the situation as well as the fact that I've taken down their reg number and am reporting the incident to the DNR.

motosno963
07-31-2013, 01:48 PM
i use to own one.. never jumped peoples wake or anything with it..just cruised and had fun..in NY you have to take a boats safety course and have the licence from that to operate one..i grew up with my father being in the coat guard Aux. and i join too when i could. i still dont get how dumb these people can be with a jet ski..i plan on getting one again. but thats just for me to get out away from everything and relax.i do hope that girl was ok..i would have cussed that dude out.

Salyers
07-31-2013, 02:23 PM
Lake Lice! I have gotten into a few heated altercations and all have been with middle aged male drivers. Since I'm 33 but look like I'm 25, I don't think they take me seriously. Last one told me that I don't own the lake and he could jump my wake anyplace he wanted. It was the closest I've ever come to getting into a fight in my whole life. I don't have kids but if it had been my wife that guy hit, I'd have beaten the @&$@@ out of him.

E4NASH
07-31-2013, 02:27 PM
i use to own one.. never jumped peoples wake or anything with it..just cruised and had fun..in NY you have to take a boats safety course and have the licence from that to operate one..i grew up with my father being in the coat guard Aux. and i join too when i could. i still dont get how dumb these people can be with a jet ski..i plan on getting one again. but thats just for me to get out away from everything and relax.i do hope that girl was ok..i would have cussed that dude out.

You NEVER jumped a boat's wake...really?? C'mon man..there is no way you being a young guy just had a jet ski and cruised around. That is judgmental on my part yes but I'm a young guy too and have had jet skis all my life and I just find it hard to believe you never jumped a wake and just cruised around. The only people I see cruising around are older people with big ol three seaters...

There is nothing wrong with jumping wakes as long as you keep your distance and the boat isn't pulling someone. There are a lot of idiots in Jet Skis but I've run across several that are in boats too. The problem with a jet ski is everyone THINKS they can ride one...

kaneboats
07-31-2013, 03:01 PM
An inexperienced rider will let off the gas when they see trouble (late) and that means they can't steer. They'd be better off hitting the gas hard and turning hard but they don't react like that. And they don't have any idea where they are or what the danger is.

moombadaze
07-31-2013, 03:06 PM
Wow, that is scary, I sure hope that girl is ok.

boy does that piss me off royally

jester
07-31-2013, 03:54 PM
I also watched that from the Supra forms. If I was driving the boat I would be in jail right now since I would make the jet skier feel more pain then what my wakeboarder is in.

tnbrooks01
07-31-2013, 04:57 PM
To me the "lake lice" are equivalent to "The Quads" in the dirt bike world. Can't stand either of them in a public setting. I think when the balance impaired take to their machines they turn their brains off completely.

I take pulling my riders very seriously and do not mess around with the jet skis at all. At our first camp of the summer we had a jet ski start jumping our wake so I stooped the boat and sat there for a few minutes. Once the jet ski ran out of wake to jump they stopped. I got on the PA and told them that this boat is not making any more wakes for them to jump and wasn't moving until they are gone.

Our lake is fairly small and my boat is becoming well know to all the jet skis on the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jstenger
07-31-2013, 09:27 PM
Kids on two jet skis jumped the wake behind my son water skiing two years ago. I found the sheriff and told him what happened. He went right over to where the kids were riding. Neither one had their boating license. Happened on a Friday, so they and their girlfriends couldn't ride all weekend.

Ian Brantford
07-31-2013, 10:57 PM
According to what appears to be the original post on wakeworld at http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799261 (by the same guy who posted the video on youtube), the PWC driver is the girl's older brother who was trying to scare her, and she was shaken up by not hurt.

Hm... there was no word on whether the brother has offered to let her drive the PWC while he's on a wakeboard.

motosno963
08-01-2013, 12:25 AM
You NEVER jumped a boat's wake...really?? C'mon man..there is no way you being a young guy just had a jet ski and cruised around. That is judgmental on my part yes but I'm a young guy too and have had jet skis all my life and I just find it hard to believe you never jumped a wake and just cruised around. The only people I see cruising around are older people with big ol three seaters...

There is nothing wrong with jumping wakes as long as you keep your distance and the boat isn't pulling someone. There are a lot of idiots in Jet Skis but I've run across several that are in boats too. The problem with a jet ski is everyone THINKS they can ride one...
its against the law here in NY pluss i had a 2009 wake pro 215 with the hard ballast tanks on the back. so all i had to do was fill them up and gas her then let off and go again..i would get that thing going haha..only dumb thing i did was when my buddy rented a boat we were all headed to a spot that you could only get to by boat..all the girls didnt want to get wet but all the guys didnt care so i came up near the boat ( they were doing at most 20mph) and whipped her to the side and covered the boat..but now that i remember that i did try to jump their wake once or twice..but that was at low speeds and no one around us..and deff no one in tow..

loudsubz
08-01-2013, 07:41 PM
what a douche

if Im out on the ski I steer clear of the other boaters and just do my own thing. If I want to jump wakes its well behind the boat and I don't follow and jump I just jump a few and go on my way.

motosno963
08-01-2013, 08:03 PM
what a douche

if Im out on the ski I steer clear of the other boaters and just do my own thing. If I want to jump wakes its well behind the boat and I don't follow and jump I just jump a few and go on my way.

thats how i am..or some other skier wants to race..

iwaterskihard
08-02-2013, 04:29 PM
That person on that jet ski is very fortunate that it wasn't my kid that happened too! That jet ski would never float again and chances are someone would have some broken arms and legs and I would be standing in front of a judge!!!

There is NO excuse in the world for such idiosy!!!!!! NONE!!!!

Wax
08-02-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm an avid jetskier (and I own a jetski repair shop on the side) and I can't stand when people are idiots. I will pull up to somebody jumping my wake and tell them off any time. It's true, so many people on jetskis are just inexperienced boaters and for some reason jetski owners think it's okay to send somebody out on a craft that doesn't have the same steering dynamics as anything else they've ever driven and goes faster than most boats...make sense.

That being said, I'll jump anybody's wake even if they are towing, but I am a loooooooooong way back and normally make it a point to go the opposite direction as the boat when I'm jumping so as not to even give a hint of intentionally following them to jump the wake.

There was just a case a few weeks ago of both a boater and a jetskier being idiots on a lake I used to live on, Sylvan Lake in West Bloomfield MI. A guy was pulling his 3 kids on a tube behind his jetski; he had no spotter and of course it's also illegal to have more people in the craft and in tow than the craft's capacity. A boat hit the tube, and one kid died on the scene, another died a day later at the hospital, and the third is still in critical condition. Really terrible scenario, but reminds you that these things aren't toys. Sylvan is a pretty large and busy semi-private lake, and on weekends I didn't even ride most of the time. I'm just glad I live on a smaller private lake now with very little traffic.

Link to the story if anybody is interested:

http://www.freep.com/article/20130715/NEWS03/307150066/Sylvan-Lake-boat-accident-boy-dies