PDA

View Full Version : 1100 lb Fly High Bag Buster rear sacks

xBabyJesus
07-29-2013, 04:11 PM
Hey,

I have (2) 1100lb sack kits, used one season. Bags currently in the boat, hoses in the garage. I just need to upgrade to the dual-drain EXV version for my x-link.

http://www.wakemakers.com/supra-and-moomba-750-rear-upgrade.html

$219 on wakemakers, I'll sell them for $180ea.

jstenger
07-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Why not save yourself some money and add extra drains to your current bags.

xBabyJesus
07-29-2013, 07:10 PM
I've never done it, but if it's pretty easy I'll consider it. But my time is worth some money, etc...

brain_rinse
07-29-2013, 08:01 PM
Why not save yourself some money and add extra drains to your current bags.
I was wondering about the process of adding ports to bags and if people were having luck with it long term. You or others have feedback? I was planning on selling mine for the same reason.

MLA
07-29-2013, 09:30 PM
I was wondering about the process of adding ports to bags and if people were having luck with it long term. You or others have feedback? I was planning on selling mine for the same reason.

About half a dozen sacs out there, one in its 3rd season and no issues.

bergermaister
07-30-2013, 11:05 AM
Any concern with adding a port at the bottom of the bag for the x-over and pressure blowing it out when bag is full? I'm thinking a port on top would be easier with less pressure on it, but on the bottom? :confused:

wolfeman131
07-30-2013, 11:31 AM
doesn't it have to be on the bottom to draw from a bag that is less than 100% full?

bergermaister
07-30-2013, 11:35 AM
Right - thinking the same thing. I'd be worried about adding a port on the bottom, bag getting full, then POP! and the flood begins.

mikenehrkorn
07-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Hey,

I have (2) 1100lb sack kits, used one season. Bags currently in the boat, hoses in the garage. I just need to upgrade to the dual-drain EXV version for my x-link.

http://www.wakemakers.com/supra-and-moomba-750-rear-upgrade.html

$219 on wakemakers, I'll sell them for $180ea.

If you are still planning to sell I would be interested, but I'm seeing different prices at wakemakers -- $190 for 1100......am I missing something?

mikenehrkorn
07-30-2013, 11:48 AM
If you are still planning to sell I would be interested, but I'm seeing different prices at wakemakers -- $190 for 1100......am I missing something?

Forget it, my bad -- after following your link in the original I see the bag comes with the hose and fitting hence the higher price.

If you decide to just sell the bags (I don't need the hose and fitting), then let me know...

xBabyJesus
07-30-2013, 12:21 PM
Right - thinking the same thing. I'd be worried about adding a port on the bottom, bag getting full, then POP! and the flood begins.

To get two ports on the bottom, I just took the 1100lb bag and flipped it upside down. Unfortunately this leaves the 3rd port on the end of the bag rather than the top, so it doesn't vent past 3/4 full. Thus wanting to add a vent port...

MLA
07-30-2013, 12:30 PM
Any concern with adding a port at the bottom of the bag for the x-over and pressure blowing it out when bag is full? I'm thinking a port on top would be easier with less pressure on it, but on the bottom? :confused:

The ideal pump for a transfer pump system is a reversible impeller pump. You can locate the new port on the lower edge of an end panel, as they are from Fly High, and the sac will fill and drain is if its just a regular setup with a reversible impeller pump. No need to locate the fitting on the bottom of the sac, but I would not risk it any way. The weight of the filled sac could break something.

kaneboats
07-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Has anybody added a vent to their front bag? I have mine hooked to the front upper port but it doesn't work worth a crap because the water line passes that port before it pushes any air out.

powerstroke99
08-02-2013, 04:52 PM
PM ya with a offer.. if still for sale

xBabyJesus
08-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Update: I wussed out on cutting into my bags, and ordered the dual-drain-port bags :D

I'll have these bags out and boxed up as soon as the new bags come in, so I can get the shipping quotes I owe a couple people

Thanks,
John