PDA

View Full Version : Replacing OEM Boat Cover for 2006 Moomba Mobius LSV?

spyder
07-29-2013, 10:26 AM
what options are there outside for a non-snapon cover? my OEM one is shot and would love something that would stop water from entering where the tower posts are.

motosno963
07-29-2013, 03:51 PM
i know a few people on here run evolution boat covers (www.evolutioncovers.com) i think they are hand made (mmandly would know, hes had 2 now) but i hear good things about them, they just cost a little more but worth it in my books. you can also check out www.iboats.com and check out what they have.

spyder
07-29-2013, 04:16 PM
i know a few people on here run evolution boat covers (www.evolutioncovers.com) i think they are hand made (mmandly would know, hes had 2 now) but i hear good things about them, they just cost a little more but worth it in my books. you can also check out www.iboats.com and check out what they have.

anyone know an approximate price point for a 06 LSV if i was to get an evolution cover?

wolfeman131
07-29-2013, 04:27 PM
$1,000+ including shipping & custom fees

saskyrider
07-30-2013, 10:39 PM
and worth every penny!! fits like a glove and will never let water pool on it.

from Muh droid .....

moombadaze
07-31-2013, 02:59 PM
think the Evolution is 875.00

im on my 2nd also

this cover for my13 LSV fits tighter than a oj simpson glove

Ive drivin with it on upto 80mph with no issues

Ive drivin thru some horible rain/wind storm that were blowing the truck and trailer around pretty good with no cover issue's

my 02.

spyder
07-31-2013, 03:11 PM
think the Evolution is 875.00

im on my 2nd also

this cover for my13 LSV fits tighter than a oj simpson glove

Ive drivin with it on upto 80mph with no issues

Ive drivin thru some horible rain/wind storm that were blowing the truck and trailer around pretty good with no cover issue's

my 02.

how is it for daily use for storage when boat is at the dock? easy to get all done up correctly in the water?

moombadaze
08-01-2013, 07:30 AM
how is it for daily use for storage when boat is at the dock? easy to get all done up correctly in the water?

no idea, I only use for taking longer trips to help keep the white interior clean, so far this year its been used once.

its fairly easy to put on when its on the trailer, being in the water could be hard since the sides have to be pulled down over the rubrail

eblom
08-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Its definately easier if you can stand in the water and do up the zippers around the tower legs... That being said I can get everything done up on mine from inside the boat without getting wet... and the cover itself is top notch... so much better than my old oem cover...

spyder
08-01-2013, 01:38 PM
thanks everyone, this is a fair bit of cash so i'll have to see if its doable.

moombadaze
08-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Yea, they are not cheap at all

motosno963
08-01-2013, 03:50 PM
if i do decide to get the new mondo then i will be spending some cash on a evo cover for it. ill put it up to the test since i dont have a barn to store it in

mmobius2001
08-03-2013, 05:08 PM
I just got one of those westland covers cause my cover ripped in half and i didnt have the money, i got it for like $400 shipped, and when i saved a little bit, i had a guy put in pole vents ($100), so i have the spots for the polls w/ the vents and its a little wide so i just take 2 strong bungie cords and re-inforce the 2 sides just behind the tower, cover has lasted 3 years now w/ no signs of wear.

Pic is before the pole vents were installed.
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/sickstack99/photo4.jpg (http://s125.photobucket.com/user/sickstack99/media/photo4.jpg.html)

Gabbyg88
08-03-2013, 07:44 PM
I bought a cover from skiboatcovers.com, because the lead time was to long for an evolution cover which I really wanted. Overall I am very happy with skiboatcovers cover, plus I saved about $180. I have 3 poles and I have 12 loops for ties, which I use bungee straps to help tighten up cover. Very happy with cover but if I could have waited I would have bought an evolution cover.

zabooda
08-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Paid $400 in 2004 for a cover and I keep the boat outside all the time and it doesn't show any wear. The upholsterer said it would last at least 15 years and I'm thinking perhaps 20 years. It was made before evolution covers made a name for themselves and it is almost identical. No poles needed.

Koocanusa_eh
08-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Recently ordered a new cover from www.iboats.com SunbrellaR (Jet Black). Fits nice on my boat around the tower and over the swim grid, as a one piece cover. Comes with two pockets on the sides by the wake tower with a cord that tightens the perimeter of the cover with a locking pulley system on each side. It came with two vents hatches(just in front of the engine) that allow for evaporating water to escape from the boat too.

I have not put it on while the boat is in the water, not planning to either as I bought the cover for land storage and perhaps while towing it.

I have not had it on in wet weather while doing any travelling while towing it to judge if it is water tight around the wake tower. I see no reason it would not be.

I think it was about 700 bucks all in shipped to Canada. 100 of it was shipping. Order placed May 25, shipped June 5, cant remember when it showed up but the time was reasonable.

Managed to get a discount by browsing the site and "shopping" on one occasion, email followed from them offering a 5% discount if I was to finish my purchase. Nice touch.